• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

jesikrey

Get rid of the arcane badge, very difficult for most players. Even with time boosters it was difficult to gain, is crazy for the smaller players. They don't have much to work with.
Again, the rewards are not worth the time and effort.

We are not a big fellowship, we have many smaller players and is difficult for them but we are so lucky that they try so hard to help out. One of our fellows had an easier time to create bracelets since the amount asked from them was less than the bigger cities.
We finished all three stages, completed two paths on stage 1, stage 2 was a lot more difficult, ARCANE BADGES were outrageous and we moved on to stage 3 where we completed the green path and all of the crossroads. We did not think we were going to finish since the amount of blacksmith badges was over 100. I am happy that we did finished, again, and our ranking is higher.

I hope that the next FA is better when it comes to the rewards and that the Arcane badge disappears.

SlyLady

My main complaint with the new badges is on Bracelets, and it is for the following situation:

I am in Chapter 17, upgraded an additional manufactory to at least take the edge off. Last night's collections got me just shy of a badge. I was tired, and while I should have just spent the timers to do another 3-hour production to finish it off, I didn't.

So, this morning, with an MM spell cast and a Storm Phoenix fed, I wasted thousands of marble to finish off that Bracelet badge that only needed a few to complete.

This is a good learning experience that I will try not to repeat. But added on top of the difficulty of gaining Bracelets overall, it seems like this badge needs a rethink.
*nodding* I'm not even close to Ch 17, so I do not know your specific restrictions. However, I'm not sure if it is a need to tweak the game or to adjust our own strategies. I had four T1 at the same level and quickly realized the pick-up issues. I upgraded to have them each at a different level so I could minimize the pick-up losses. I had a couple Traveling Merchants that could be used to fill in when I needed less than a full T1 pick-up. I also paid attention to my event buildings that give T1 and timed their pick ups to when they would most benefit the Bracelet in progress. Yes, this required a calculator and some planning on my part. But I kept my pick-up losses to a minimum through this management strategy.

Iyapo1

I am a spire fanatic. With a chapter 5 catering city. I thought this FA was great.

I really liked the braclets, the druid staffs, the marbles, the ghosts and the residue. They gave me badges for stuff I already do.

SlyLady

As I've read through the various comments, I see a lot of "X is too hard for (Y) level city." While I agree that there are some badges that are much harder in early chapters and others that are much harder in later chapters, I think this is part of the point of it being a *fellowship* adventure and not an individual adventure. The beauty of a fellowship is we all have our strengths and weaknesses - but together as a team, we are stronger. I don't think every city needs to or should be making an identical contribution in order for the team to succeed. Let the newer cities do what they do best and let the more established cities do what they do best. Yes, that requires some communication and coordination, but all team projects do. Changing the rules/requirements means you have to restrategize and reorganize rather than keep doing the same repetitive thing, but to me that is part of what makes it an on-going challenge, too.

SlyLady

Dont take it personally but understand that when some of these people say new....they mean over halfway through the game.
No worries. On the chart I was commenting on, only the very lowest chapters (2, 4, & 6, and presumably the unavailable 1 & 3 as well) had a substantial numerical advantage, so how "new" is defined doesn't need to be agreed upon. However, I'm sure that most could agree that applying a 700% boost to most, if not all, of those chapters is unrealistic.

Iamaita

Bracelets were a bit of a struggle for me too... in my ch 3 city, it was pretty easy to produce 1 every 3 hrs with MM spells. (15 level 9 with MMs is 2/3 hrs) In one city, I opted to stay in chapter 4 instead of advancing so ended up making plenty of bracelets and finishing with loads of kp. In my ch 7 city, I just made what I could and focused on other badges. The group still did fine. I think the bracelet change was actually great for providing a way for lower level players to make really big contributions.

Arcane residue was terrible. All of my fellowships hated it. It was too resource intensive to keep making it. I crafted things I did not want, used time boosters I would have rather saved, and ran low or out of relics. Also, my cities without CCs didn’t get any in spire. My city with a bunch kept getting more. I’m sure it’s more coincidence than conspiracy, but it was darn rotten luck and really made it difficult to keep making vision vapor.

In general, I consider the fellowship adventures an exercise in masochism. But the arcane residue requirements seemed especially painful. At least necklaces and statues were easier. I also enjoyed having more automatic badges that just pile up from normal game play to replace the supply production badges.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
LoL, no. Show me an Elvenarchitect of a functioning city with 4-7 of each of the 6 factories, a full military, wonders, and a full guest race settlement.
Having 4-7 T1 in my city for the FA when the needs of my city are covered by less than a single factory makes absolutely no sense.

In chapter 15 the requirements are almost exclusively sentient goods, having T1 at all is like running non-boosted factories for someone who doesn't need to negotiate.

Mine! I run 8 T1,T2 & T3. I run 2 of each of my sentient goods. Yes I have big stockpile of T1 BUT I can make generous offers to my Fellowship whenever I want to and pick up all of their trade requests most days. I also only negotiate in the Spire. I have full military buildings leveled up to max for tournaments. I have every ancient wonder, most not leveled all the way to 30 (not interested in 35) but have worked on them steadily for years. I have built or cleared for entire chapter 17 settlement except for putting away 1 more 4x4 culture building. It helps having all available expansions. And, one of your least favorites, I really could not help but smile & feel proud when I broke 2M ranking points last week :cool: Obviously I don't think that can be done without factories.

I had no problem with the bracelets in the FA nor did my smaller FS members using MM spells. There were only 2 badges that posed a problem. Brews just because they are so tedious they just seem ridiculous. Nobody really wants to do them because they don't have the space for a ton of extra level 1 workshops. And Arcane Residue was too much for many in my Fellowship. I don't think they put a lot of thought into how big that demand is for smaller cities.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
worked on them steadily for years.... It helps having all available expansions....
A perfect example that everyone can easily and cheaply follow. ;)
If your city is what inno expects us all to have, they must be disappointed. Like...really disappointed LoL.:p
I really could not help but smile & feel proud when I broke 2M ranking points last week
That's awesome, congrats! Just because I find the system to be flawed does not make reaching such a milestone unimportant- you should be happy about it and deserve to feel proud.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Going by the amounts needed to complete quests and the bracelet badge, I would say Inno thinks you should have 4-7 leveled boosted tier 1 factories, depending on chapter.
I have 6 maxed T1 factories and 1 that is 3/4 maxed, and they are nowhere near enough to make bracelets. I added a bunch more t1 shanties, but of course they're so small they don't really help. I'm leveling them to 10, but I'll probably just teleport them for the next FA. I'm lucky to get 2 bracelets a day, which is nowhere near enough.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have 6 maxed T1 factories and 1 that is 3/4 maxed, and they are nowhere near enough to make bracelets. I added a bunch more t1 shanties, but of course they're so small they don't really help. I'm leveling them to 10, but I'll probably just teleport them for the next FA. I'm lucky to get 2 bracelets a day, which is nowhere near enough.

In chapter 17, I need 8 3-hour productions from level 31 factories that are boosted by MMs to make one bracelet. So with my 4 factories, I can make a bracelet every 6 hours. If I were still in chapter 15, where that factory level is unlocked, my same factories could probably make another bracelet per day, because the required amount is lower. That is not really fair, so maybe we need a suggestion to make all the chapters in between upgrade research to require the same amount of goods.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
In chapter 17, I need 8 3-hour productions from level 31 factories that are boosted by MMs to make one bracelet. So with my 4 factories, I can make a bracelet every 6 hours. If I were still in chapter 15, where that factory level is unlocked, my same factories could probably make another bracelet per day, because the required amount is lower. That is not really fair, so maybe we need a suggestion to make all the chapters in between upgrade research to require the same amount of goods.
Good idea. I think the key here though is 1, having a high level Mountain Halls, and 2, using a ton of MMs. If you lack those, you're going to be in serious trouble on the bracelets. I think I'll concentrate on those for next time. But heck, we're still in first place, so we must be doing something right. The big guns in our fellowship are awesome, but even they are sick of bracelets. Someone in the fellowship in 2nd place wrote to one of our members to joke that they'd give great trades for arcanes and bracelets. They said we were killing them, lol.