• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Fellowship Titles

CanDaMan

I think that the 'Archmage' title should be relegated to a normal status, giving an Arch-mage additional leverage in determining status. Perhaps a 'Fellowship Mage' title would be apropriate for the ex-'Archmage'.

CanDaMan

OK, I'll dumb it down for you. The Archmage gets ascended to 'Fellowship Mage', and Archmage becomes the level beneath it, creating another level for status.

CanDaMan

Sorry, I thought your post insinuated some negative things, I responded in kind. Regrets are in order if that was not the case.

CanDaMan

Everyone likes being upgraded once in a while. This gives an additional level for the (now) Archmage to reward members. I always looked at Archmage, and thought 'Level 2', but that's me! Maybe it's an old D&D thing, I still have the original books (1979)!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I read the Forum on my phone, typically, because I tend to have quite a few tabs open on browser (big surprise, considering). @CanDaMan, have you viewed your avatar in this format, by any chance? You present as a bully.

Hueanthar

I would like a bigger selection of titles. It would be great to be able to promote players without giving them rights to make fellowship-wide changes. (Perhaps in-fellowship titles only?) Some players are fantastic “leadership” players, are great decision makers and city builders, but can barely find their way around a PC/tablet/phone. Giving them access to certain fellowship rights isn’t ideal as they randomly poke buttons that can have very bad consequences. (Ever had someone pull the flag just ‘cause they wondered what that button would do, not realizing it affected everyone? :D)

CanDaMan

. . . You present as a bully.

I wonder how many bullies apologize for making a mistake,
but that doesn't stop the 'cry bully' crowd.
Ooo, you'll say I did it again!

I wonder how many accused bullies get bullied by the anti-bully fanatics?
There we go - full circle!

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I would like more titles like Hueathar suggested in her post and as you say it would be nice to offer a title (promotion) to others in the FS that are bringing extra effort or info to the other members that does not actually give them access to other options like the Mage and Ambassador titles do. I actually wish Ambassadors couldn't pull the flag. As I like having a lot of my members being able to send invites to the players around them, but hate that they can pull the flag in the FA. So yeah some extra titles that an Archmage or Mage could give out would be a good idea that I would support. I am glad you "dumbed down" the explanation as I didn't understand what you meant from your first post either!!
We would have to come up with some ideas for what the titles would be, but I think this suggestion could be a good one.
Edited to add: even some like FA Mage, Tourney Mage, Assistant Archmage with powers would be good too!

Last edited:

Hueanthar

Yes, @Sir Squirrel! Ambassadors can invite but can't pull the flag. Add a title between Mage and Ambassador; can pull the flag but can't change members' titles, for instance.

In-fellowship designations for FAs, tournaments, Spire, recruitment would be helpful.

Talaedraiia

@Hueanthar, sorry but you’re wrong about that. I know that for a fact as I’m an ambassador and one time my stylus slipped and I pulled the flag by mistake. Thankfully we were almost finished with stage and just picking up a few strays. It surprised the heck out of me!

Hueanthar

Appears I should clarify. I meant to agree with the following statement by @Sir Squirrel.
I would like more titles like Hueathar suggested in her post and as you say it would be nice to offer a title (promotion) to others in the FS that are bringing extra effort or info to the other members that does not actually give them access to other options like the Mage and Ambassador titles do.

@Talaedraiia, it has happened several times in more than one fellowship where an Ambassador has pulled the flag intentionally, either simply wondering what that button was or thinking the flag only applied to them or for some other such reason. Many, if not most, of us have slipped at one point or another. (You should see me trying to collect Tier 1 productions on my mobile during a FA.) It would be very helpful to have a title (promotion) allowing players to invite others but not allowing more than that.