• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New FS members

Mauvina

Finding new members is becoming tiresome - lots of inactive players out there and it is difficult to sort out those who don't want a FS and those who are just not playing. Particularly difficult to remember who has already been invited before! Tried opening the FS without invitation in desperation. Is it possible to have some option to grey out inactives or a button to select if you want to remain solo?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I agree they desperately need to improve/overhaul recruiting tools. Recruiting is definitely a burnout factor. However, I am very doubtful Inno will give us anything that will mark users as idle/inactive. That is just against a company's bottom line. It goes beyond Elvenar. Most companies will sell/advertise their userbase numbers for investment and advertising purposes. I mean, look at the Twitter fiasco. You think Twitter want to admit to anyone how many users in their total number are actually bots? Similarly, no way Inno wants to admit how many users are not playing anymore, even to regular players and not investors.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I also think as Crackie does. Inno will not give out that info for many reasons, including legal ones. But I do think that recruiting tools could be better. If we could make it easy for fellowships of equal rank/like minds to join forces ... when one has an applicant but is full, they could direct that person to another fellowship, and vice versa ... that would help to distribute applicants.

defiantoneks

i think it would be nice if each player had some option of marking themselves as unavailable, for whatever reason. I get recruitment from people trying to get me away from my current FS. at least if we could mark something that said "accept messages from non Fellowship members" or just a checkbox that says "Happy in my FS" or "Do No Recruit" at least that would help clarify. that wont help with inactives, but elvenstats can help weed those out.

if you're constantly recruiting, maybe you need a spreadsheet to track who's been invited already?

Mauvina

Oh my goodness - I know I love spreadsheets but that sounds like a lot of work for a game! lol

The unavailable option sounds good though.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I worry that the unavailable option could be cause for problems. Imagine a scenario where an AM told everyone to mark themselves as unavailable, and the ones who didn't got scrutinized. Or those who did it to suit the AM and then left, got, "WHY did you make us believe you were happy by marking yourself as unavailable? I would have had an eye out for other players if I'd known." Yeah, people are crazy, lol.

Still, it has possibilities. But then, right now you could say as your city name, for example, "MBC, No Recruiting Pls" and it would serve the same purpose.

defiantoneks

I worry that the unavailable option could be cause for problems. Imagine a scenario where an AM told everyone to mark themselves as unavailable, and the ones who didn't got scrutinized. Or those who did it to suit the AM and then left, got, "WHY did you make us believe you were happy by marking yourself as unavailable? I would have had an eye out for other players if I'd known." Yeah, people are crazy, lol.

Still, it has possibilities. But then, right now you could say as your city name, for example, "MBC, No Recruiting Pls" and it would serve the same purpose.
i would say if you have that sort of drama in your FS, leaving would not be a bad thing :)