• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Functionality for Sip of Clarity

able99

Currently, both the Sip of Clarity and 50 Diamond act exactly the same; they will reset the items to be crafted in the MA.

I propose the Sip of Clarity be given an addition capability making it a very desirable reward, exclusively available in the Spire.

The Sip of Clarity should reset the recipes in the MA as it does now, but instead of simply populating the MA with a set of new random items to craft, it should instead present 5 drop down buttons, 1 in each slot.
The player would click on one drop down button and 5 options for that spot is shown in the category usually reserved for the slot.
After the player selects one of the five recipes, that choice would appear in that slot, and all the other slots are randomized by category as done now.

Nothing is given for free. Player would still need to craft the chosen item , but will not need to wait for the recipe to appear randomly.
I see this functionality benefiting Pet Food supply, 20 hr Time instance, KP's and a host of other items.

Pros
Nothing new is really given away by INNO. Only change is you control a random event.
Drop down menus are already in the game for every manufacturing, except choices are presented in boxes rather than a list.
Provides INNO and players more choices on items to craft without diluting recipe pool.
Players are given some control on available recipes making the game more strategic.
Encourages more participation in Spire to win Sip of Clirity'
Everyone has more fun.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Nice idea!
I have been saying for ages that all the crafting recipes should be in a drop down menu and we could buy any one we like, subject to the designer's limits on how often we could do this, and how many buildings of a type we could own.
It would give InnoGames a nice little extra income stream if we could buy crafting recipes for let's say 10 Diamonds. Many more players would spend real money if it was 10 Diamonds for a recipe you really wanted, rather than 50 diamonds for a whole lot of junk you don't need. It would be lovely if the Sip fitted into this scheme too!
:) :)

able99

Jack, I did not mean to steal your idea, I never saw it.
I did borrow one of the benefits listed from suggestion in my thread about making Sip something that could be crafted, and do want to acknowledge that. I was convinced that would be a bad idae since it would dilute crafting pool.

Jack, I watch your tutorial videos and think they are great. Thank you for them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Both yours and jacks ideas are kinda just asking for more sips of clarity.
Now: 1 free spin.
Drop downs: 5 free spins (sorta)
Jack : unlimited paid spins.(sorta)

I'm not totally against it, but it does make sips WAY more powerful. I'm alreadyy excited to win 5 sips/250 diamonds in the spire, I'd value your idea closer to 1,000 YMMV

Hawk1911

My only concern is that we just got this and we are asking for alot .....
Never get what you don't ask for lol

I like the idea! I agree, it would make SoC powerful and Inno would might need to adjust the quantity they give out. That said, I definitely would prefer to select from a small list of likely junk than a random set of junk. (I'm intentionally being pessimistic here)

Off topic, I would pay 500 diamonds if I could select an artifact (and then pay another 900 to craft it). I'll NEVER spend 50 diamonds for a random chance at junk.

BrinDarby

why don't we wait and see how many week/week ppl are getting/using 1st......
2 months, give it 2 months......lolololol

I thought Sips were added for 3 reasons....
1) of everything, spin'n the MA was @ the bottom of the list for diamond
spending, so it wouldn't really effect thier bottom line much.
2) because of dilution to MA cue, they threw us a random lifeline to
spin the cue.
3) for all those who have no diamonds, and get stuck on event tasks
do to a stingy RNG as it is ....

able99

From a development perspective, this is a nontrivial change. I would like to see the resources go elsewhere.
Why is everyone always concerned that it would be difficult to program.? The Elvenar programmers at INNO are great. They can implement the change if they are directed to do so. Have you seen the game Elvenar. its not trivial.
By the way, Sam, where would you prefer the resources go? Define 'elsewhere'

I thought Sips were added for 3 reasons....
The Sip was added to keep the game interesting. The extra functionality will do that.
I don't want to discourage you
Thank you and noted, but I don't get discouraged easily. I can be persuaded my ideas are flawed, and will adjust. Premature? Maybe, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Lastly, there is an obvious change I could have made to my proposal, to make it more attractive to INNO.
I chose not to, as I wanted all players to experience the the feature I proposed.

The change is simple, the new functionality I wanted to assign to the Sip of Clarity, should instead be assigned the 50 Diamonds.

The Sip could do exactly what it does now, but spending 50 Diamond should give the player the drop down choices as described for the Sip.

Just look at Hawk's comment;
I would pay 500 diamonds if I could select an artifact (and then pay another 900 to craft it). I'll NEVER spend 50 diamonds for a random chance at junk.
Now that's a new revenue stream for INNO.

Last edited:

sam767

By the way, Sam, where would you prefer the resources go? Define 'elsewhere'
I fight. There was a change suggested over a year ago that Inno provide a fast way to preview the terrain on the battlefield. The game is so slow that opening the battle itself would take a huge amount of time. In general I am in favor of changes that reduce clicks and save time.

able99

Sam, I would support that idea.
I never saw it, and do not know anything about the discussion on the idea. We both know most ideas are never implemented.
You should review the idea, make it better, and propose it again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Off topic, I would pay 500 diamonds if I could select an artifact (and then pay another 900 to craft it). I'll NEVER spend 50 diamonds for a random chance at junk.

Since it costs 900 diamonds (3 blueprints) now, plus 10k spell fragments to make an artifact when it randomly shows up, no way would they may it both selectable AND cheaper. Remember that while a lot of players have a lot of spell fragments and do not place any extra value on them for recipes, Inno does. I am not sure what crazy value Inno has assigned to spell fragments when someone is short of having enough, but you know they must be as overpriced as everything else in this game. Even if it is as small as 1 diamond for 10 fragments, that is still 1000 diamonds worth of fragments to make an artifact, or 1900 equivalent diamonds including the blueprints.

BrinDarby

The Sip was added to keep the game interesting.
and you were told this by whom ?????
The change is simple, the new functionality I wanted to assign to the Sip of Clarity, should instead be assigned the 50 Diamonds.
well you better change your proposal before a vote, they get fwd'd as is, not including discussion......

Most players are unwilling to spend 50 diamonds to spin thier MA cue.
The dilution problem has been getting worse in the MA cue for months now..
Tasks asking for stuff only crafted in MA, multiplied the dilution problem.

Allowing players to earn free spins (Sips) in the Spire was a solution to a
convergence of problems, not to just make the game more iteresting...

Since you now want to grant xtra features to "50 diamonds" can we
just leave Sips of clarity outta it ????

able99

Everything is done to make the game more interesting and keep players engaged. BrinDarby, I do not disagree with your reasons, I am just boiling it down to the basics. Games need to be kept interesting or people would stop playing and look for other entertainment.

If my proposal for the added functionality were ever implemented, the Sip should be rare, no more 5 Sip rewards, but something more in the line with the frequency of a DA.

To me, diamonds serve only 2 purposes, help in getting to the top of the Spire, and purchasing additional real estate.
I want the functionality I proposed, assigned to the Sip. I do not want to grant extra features 50 diamonds.
I am aware that only the initial post is forwarded to the developers if it is voted on, but still wish I never pointed out the extra function could be assigned to diamonds.

BrinDarby

I propose the Sip of Clarity be given an addition capability
the new functionality I wanted to assign to the Sip of Clarity, should instead be assigned the 50 Diamonds.
I do not want to grant extra features 50 diamonds................
but still wish I never pointed out the extra function could be assigned to diamonds.
make up your mind, already ..... ;)

Maybee in 6-9 months or more they will change this, but its brand new...
sheesh give it a chance before ya beg for it to be "more".......

able99

Lastly, there is an obvious change I could have made to my proposal, to make it more attractive to INNO.
I chose not to, as I wanted all players to experience the the feature I proposed.

If you are going to quote me, quote me in context.
I never wanted the new functionality to be assigned to diamonds, and said so. I only pointed out that it could have been proposed but chose not to..

All makes no difference anyway. There is no support for idea now, and so there is no need for a vote.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I generally like the idea of being able to increase the chance of getting what I wish to get when resetting the MA. The Sip of Clarity does do that in that each time you use one you get a new chance. So if you have a bunch of them you can keep resetting until you what you want comes up. However, they are not abundant so it's still a pretty low chance, especially if the slot where the item is going to show up has an abundance of options. For instance, if the first slot has 30 different things that show up you have a 1:30 chance of the thing you want coming up, while if the second slot has 20 items it's a 1:20 chance. In any case, if you use a Sip of Clarity the proposal says you want to increase the odds of getting what you want by 5 times. So the 1:30 would become 1:6 and the 1:20 would become 1:4. Since you are picking only that slot (my understanding is you can only do this on only one slot?), the impact is less than if you had the option of a drop down list of 5 items for every slot. So 4 slots would keep their normal ratios and the one you choose would have it's chance of you getting what you want improved by 5 times. AND you would still need to spend whatever that item required to actually craft it. So the RR spells would still cost diamonds or blueprints and so on.

It seems to me improving the chance of getting what you want, even on one slot, improves the player experience and I would think, encourages crafting. Does it also reduce revenues? It may not.

First, it may be that the people wanting RR spells would use either Sips or diamonds to reset the MA if, in doing so, they greatly improved the chance of the RR spells crafting option came up. And if they didn't have the blueprints? They would then spend the diamonds for them. I, personally, have spend a lot of diamonds in place of blueprints for RR spells.

In addition, since they are already reducing the rate of spending diamonds to reset the MA among those already willing to do so, maybe this new feature would offset this a bunch by encouraging those who are now reluctant to spend diamonds to reset the MA, to do so. Here's my thinking on that.

If I'm reluctant to spend 50 diamonds it's probably because I don't think I'll get what I want...the odds are too low. Now I have some Sips of Clarity and use them, only to find the odds are still too low. Perhaps I'm looking for CC's but the chances getting CC recipe to come up mean I have to spend 5 Sips of Clarity. That's a lot. But if I improve the chance by 5 I would be simply exchanging a Sip of Clarity for the needed recipe (or at least getting near that ratio). They would still have to spend the resources to craft it, but would be encouraged to use the Sips of Clarity to improve that chance. AND if they were out of Sips? They would then, I think, be less reluctant to spend the 50 diamonds to reset the MA because in doing so they were also greatly improving the chance of getting the CC recipe. Psychologically success encourages a behavior even if the resources needed to do the behavior also shift.

A "real world" example of how it would encourage me to spend my Sips or even diamonds. I'm very short on Pet Food. The changes in things has reduced my usual level of 20 or so to 4 and I'm struggling with troop production so I need about 4 per week. I don't seem to be getting that many offered, though it's close. If the reset included the option to choose the slot where the Pet Food shows up (I think it's the 5th slot?), I'd spend my Sips now and choose that slot every time. Especially if I knew the chances of getting Pet Food were down to about 1:2 or 1:3 overall. I would then expect my 7 sips to give me about 3-4 Pet Foods, and that would relieve my shortage nicely. I might even be willing to spend the 50 diamonds a few times to do the same once I run out of Sips! That's my story, anyway.

So, overall, I think the idea a good one and even if it's a bit early to ask for something like it, it's not too early to start discussing it and honing the proposal. We don't have to vote for ....months even!

AJ

Alram

Flippers just flip
I need spell fragments. I like my diamonds wild and free to spend everywhere. The sips are not wild or free to spend everywhere.