• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Guest Race: The Luminescent

Alpha Lyrae

I am picturing all my buildings lit like so (or similarly):

untitled-1_--__w_760_.jpg

(Note of credit: this picture is from a fashion designer Vega Zaishi Wang and I lifted it from the interwebz.)

Edit: Oh! Or lit like flora and fauna on planet Pandora from Avatar.

Ok. I'll stop now. :p

fitress

Update of the first/introductory paragraph

Centuries ago, as the first era began to fade on Elvenar, the ancestors of the Luminiscent left Elvenar in search of a new home. Their wanderings eventually left them trapped in The Void Dimension, and their descendants have been struggling to find their way back ever since. They long ago discovered a way to observe their lost home of Elvenar, and the Luminescent have been observing your city’s growth, and see that your magical and technological advances and the power of your magical citizens may finally offer them freedom from the eternal darkness in which they are trapped, and a way to return to the reality they lost so long ago, as well as a way to share the new magics they have discovered in the darkness. In return for your city offering them a place to build their portal, through which they can return, they offer to bring unique new magical techniques and their experience with working in the darkness to your magical city.

Rather than "The Void Dimension", maybe just The Void? I also like the stars or undersea vs underground.
By the way, this is really cool (am I dating myself?),

DeletedUser20709

Not sure where @Ashrem is at this point, but I want to reassure my support. I haven't done any art, I apologize, my creativity is lacking at the moment. Send me a PM Ash if this is still in the works brother. Carry on.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Another take on the buildings might be 3 primary color generators to produce the secondary three. As for the portal it could be elevated one level at a time from "black" to "light" -- i.e. grow in luminescence until it reached "sunlight." (i.e perhaps, black hole, moonlight, starlight and sunlght?") Each level would increase the amount of primary colors produced and that would, in turn generate more of the secondary colors which would be used to open research and do quests.

The story line would start with the race in darkness, trapped in the black hole and the story arc would lead them to reclaiming their lost brilliance and place in the cosmos.

Overall I love the whole thing and hope Inno is paying attention. Good job!

AJ

DeletedUser

Does anyone even realize what a Black Hole is? ( grabs the frogs and runs for it! )

1. The prison in Calcutta, from which no one leaves alive.
2. My second favorite scientific topic.
3. A gravitationally collapsed object and/or the region of spacetime in which it may or may not exist.
4. A quantum singularity. Or not.
5. A portal which The Elder Gods may use to access our Reality.
6. What may exist in the stomach of a Flerken.

yolk grin.png