• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Library rewards?

Huor

Your right! It didn't dawn on me when I picked up this morning. Mine are all gems now too and they were dust yesterday (and many a day before that). I did update to app version 1.143 last night. I sure hope this is a glitch. It sure wasn't announced. @helya should we open this as a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Huor

Thank you! Forgot all about that. Would be nice if the moonstone gate started producing goods. That's a change I could get behind! lol.

Iyapo1

I dug this up over on beta.

Dear Humans and Elves

We are happy to announce balancing changes to the Moonstone Library Set that will mostly be geared to the player's Sentient Goods.

From Wednesday November 24th the following changes will be seen:

In chapters 1-8:
  • The Mana Plant and the Gum Tree, which currently produce Magic Dust for everyone, will now produce your boosted Precious Standard Good (which is either Elixir, Magic Dust or Gems).
In chapters 9-11:
  • The Mana Plant and the Gum Tree will product Mana (and the Gum Tree chapter 11 will produce Divine Seeds), like before.
From chapter 12 on:
  • Platinum boosted players would now produce Platinum in the Moonstone Gate
  • Elven Tree Gum boosted players would now produce Elven Tree Gum in the Moonstone Gate
  • Moonstone boosted players would now produce Moonstone in the Moonstone Gate
  • Platinum boosted players would now produce Platinum in the Gum Tree
  • Elven Tree Gum boosted players would now produce Elven Tree Gum (like before) in the Gum Tree
  • Moonstone boosted players would now produce Moonstone in the Gum Tree
From chapter 14 on:
  • Silly Soap boosted players would now produce Silly Soap in the Moonstone Gate
  • Alloy Shrooms boosted players would now produce Alloy Shrooms in the Moonstone Gate
  • Cosmic Bismuth boosted players would now produce Cosmic Bismuth in the Moonstone Gate

newmoonstoneproductions3.png

We hope you like the changes we're bringing to these buildings which will make it easier for everyone to exchange Goods at the Trader. Please let us know your feedback to the changes by leaving a comment in the discussion thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
:confused: Hmm. While this probably rebalances the economy as a whole better, boosted goods is not what I built these for, and if the only reason to keep the set now is the spell fragments and CC every day, I'm not sure it's worth so much space for me. I can fit more culture in a smaller space. *sigh*

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@Iyapo1
That makes sense. I don't craft that often, probably just once a day or so on average (except during FAs, when I spend a few days making everything in sight), so I feel like between making catalysts in the MA and the spell fragments I get in the Spire, I've been keeping up pretty well. I've got something like 22,000 spell fragments and 37 catalysts at the moment. If I store the Library pieces, that might drop, though. I'll have to run some numbers and think about it.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Iyapo1
That makes sense. I don't craft that often, probably just once a day or so on average (except during FAs, when I spend a few days making everything in sight), so I feel like between making catalysts in the MA and the spell fragments I get in the Spire, I've been keeping up pretty well. I've got something like 22,000 spell fragments and 37 catalysts at the moment. If I store the Library pieces, that might drop, though. I'll have to run som numbers and think about it.
I stopped crafting. I stopped making CCs when hit 500 CCs and only had 14k spell fragments. The devs maybe wanted to stop the mystical object mining?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Moonstones sets are sooooo worth it!! I have 7 sets out. I even throw tons and tons of RRs into them to keep them all updated. I made it through woodelves on one T3 because I got so much dust from all the gum trees and mana plants in early chaps. Now they make seeds and mana. I'm never short on CCs or spell frags to mine Winter Lampions Mystery Object chests. They're also the main supplier of my culture. I don't have that many culture buildings and I'm at Mad Max level apocalyptic sun on culture.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Moonstones sets are sooooo worth it!! I have 7 sets out. I even throw tons and tons of RRs into them to keep them all updated. I made it through woodelves on one T3 because I got so much dust from all the gum trees and mana plants in early chaps. Now they make seeds and mana. I'm never short on CCs or spell frags to mine Winter Lampions Mystery Object chests. They're also the main supplier of my culture. I don't have that many culture buildings and I'm at Mad Max level apocalyptic sun on culture.
I am sitting in ch9 pondering moving forward without a lot of little helpers.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am gems boosted, and relied on the plants for dust
boosted goods is not what I built these for
I'm not sure it's worth so much space for me.
In most markets Gems can be traded for Dust at 1:1 quite easily, so if it was worth the space when it made dust, then it's still worth the space.
the only place to get boosted goods shud be make them, not from bldgs.
I'm not sure that I agree. This is supposed to be a bit of a social game of which trading is a big part. Perhaps buildings should ONLY make boosted goods...:oops:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
In most markets Gems can be traded for Dust at 1:1 quite easily, so if it was worth the space when it made dust, then it's still worth the space.

That's a fair point. However, just thinking through my reaction out loud here, that does rely on trading which means it puts my game in the hands of someone else. Someone else to be online at the right time, someone else who needs my Gems, someone else who wants to trade at the same volume I do (getting flashbacks to playing Pit here, lol)...not that that's bad, it's just different. When I built the Moonstone pieces I was trying to be, not exactly self-sufficient, but self-sustainable in case there were long dry spells in the trader (something I experienced in my first few weeks playing before finding a fellowship, and didn't want to repeat). I also built several Traveling Merchants around the same time. It's no longer necessary to my game (and I've since deleted the TMs for space) but I still find it helpful to cut out the middle-man, so to speak, and just make things myself sometimes instead of relying on other people to be able to trade. It's just more time-efficient.

Now, from Inno's point of view, I can understand they'd rather I do more trading, so that I'm contributing to the economy in an even bigger way, and having everyone produce their boosted goods probably does even out the availability of everything more, avoiding the scroll glut problem that happened before. I get it from a game-balancing perspective, I'm just not sure yet how it might impact my current style of play. Because even if it comes out to the same thing in the end, I now have to rely on the trader just that little bit more, which means more time spent posting trades and waiting for trades to be taken, and that will add up over time.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Your right! It didn't dawn on me when I picked up this morning. Mine are all gems now too and they were dust yesterday (and many a day before that). I did update to app version 1.143 last night. I sure hope this is a glitch. It sure wasn't announced. @helya should we open this as a bug?
Not a bug, just the completion of the Moonstone library rebalancing.

edited to add - stole Beta's announcement and posted it here so you can see the changes.

Last edited:

Sarafyne

Not a bug, just the completion of the Moonstone library rebalancing.

edited to add - stole Beta's announcement and posted it here so you can see the changes.
Well in principle I support the idea, however it is hurting my city in Harandar where all my sentient goods are unwanted because everyone else has the same boosts and I can't give mine away with severely lopsided 3 star trades; they just decay away. Having more of the same goods is pointless; having a different one would have eased the drought a bit. But at this point I have already decided not to move forward with that city...

BrinDarby

Please let people know that you speak for people who have been playing chapter 3 or 4 and below for at least and maybe more than 1 year..?
My comment isn't bias'd on what CH I'm in , and is CH independant.
Stop harp'n on where I'm @. If I learn something thats CH 19 mentality
from ohhh, dear SoggyShorts, then comment later pertaining to that, you
think I shouldn't know that or my perspective can't be inline w/higher CH
player.

The whole game is centered around making your boost already. Most if
not all the ancillarary bldgs won't give ppl enough of thier non boosts,
but it will, as was already said, soften the blow when your trading partners
seem to go absent for awhile.....