• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser

Mine are steel and scrolls. Does this mean that I should delete some of my workshops that just create supplies?

No. You need supplies (and coin) to fund your goods manufactories.

Also, can I do anything to change which buildings are boosted? And if I delete a building, do I loose the population that was working it?

You can not change what your boosted goods are. If you sell a building, the workers return to your available population, because they live in your city. Only if you sell/delete the building that gave you the population, do you lose population.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You should try to stop making planks, marble, silk, and crystal. First make sure you have enough neighbors that are willing to trade, or join a fellowship so you have more people to trade with.

You won't want to delete the workshops, they are not factories. You need the supplies from the workshops to make the goods in the factories.

You can not change your boost. the only option would be to stop playing that acocunt and try setarting a enw one, and hope you get different boosts. But it would be in a different place.

You do not lose the people working in the factories. they become available to work elsewhere.

If you tear down all of your marble, plank, silk, and crystal factories and make one more high level each of steel and scrolls, your total production should be higher than it is now, via trading.

hvariidh gwendrot

what about magic workshops and magic residences .. i look and see that it needs diamonds to use these ? or that sometimes they can be won in a tournament ? which from what I've read needs $$ invested to win ? I'm not adverse to spending a little here or there but is there a way to get these without spending ? and if not the dosn't take money comments i see posted need to be revised

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
what about magic workshops and magic residences .. i look and see that it needs diamonds to use these ? or that sometimes they can be won in a tournament ? which from what I've read needs $$ invested to win ? I'm not adverse to spending a little here or there but is there a way to get these without spending ? and if not the dosn't take money comments i see posted need to be revised
Neither are required. They make things easier, because they are more efficient than the standard residences and workshops, but there are lots of people in the final chapter who have neither. Diamonds make everything easier. You don't have to have them to play the game to its fullest if you have patience.

You can not win either in tournaments. If your group completes enough points, you can obtain a blueprint, which lets you upgrade either of them for free. That does not require diamonds either. It's not particularly difficult for a full fellowship to complete ten chests in a tournament without spending diamonds.

hvariidh gwendrot

so you have to spend diamonds to get them (so not free) you can't win them which means you have to pay for them, and at best you need a fellowship to win a blueprint that can't be used unless diamonds are spent for magic workshops or magic anything it seems .. so they should separate items .. free from thing that must be bought, and then players wont have to be reminded each time they build a residence that they are being penalized for not spending

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
so you have to spend diamonds to get them (so not free) you can't win them which means you have to pay for them, and at best you need a fellowship to win a blueprint that can't be used unless diamonds are spent for magic workshops or magic anything it seems .. so they should separate items .. free from thing that must be bought, and then players wont have to be reminded each time they build a residence that they are being penalized for not spending
They are separate things. Nobody needs Magic Workshops, or Magic Residences, or Blueprints. They are all premium items that you can play without.

DeletedUser16029

Once a valley in "conquered," what can be done with it? Is this just a way to discover other players?

shimmerfly

@mringel Correct :) Once you've conquered it is on to the next. And you have access to a new neighbor to visit.
Beware of clearing too many provinces too early. They go from "easy" to "med" and "hard" quickly.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It also expands the number of people you can trade goods with, once you have a trader, which is important for keeping your goods in balance efficiently (as opposed to trying to make everything yourself, which is very inefficient later in the game). The number of provinces available in tournaments is a factor of how many of that type of province you have cleared.

Conquering provinces is also partly an end in itself, in that it gains you relics and KP

hvariidh gwendrot

rune shard question....i read that you can help others and that there is ranking system for who helps the most, so does that mean you can only help members of your fellowship ? or can you help with discovered cities and if so does the ranking system count for players without a fellowship ? and if not who has a fellowship that i can help and be helped in ? :cool:ha

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
rune shard question....i read that you can help others and that there is ranking system for who helps the most, so does that mean you can only help members of your fellowship ? or can you help with discovered cities and if so does the ranking system count for players without a fellowship ? and if not who has a fellowship that i can help and be helped in ? :cool:ha
You can help any Ancient Wonder on your world, and if you are int he top 3-7 helpers you will get a return. The easiest way to ensure you are in the top helpers if there is no activity in your fellowship is to strike up a friendship with players nearby via PM and ask if they'd like to do a swap.

hvariidh gwendrot

You can help any Ancient Wonder on your world, and if you are int he top 3-7 helpers you will get a return. The easiest way to ensure you are in the top helpers if there is no activity in your fellowship is to strike up a friendship with players nearby via PM and ask if they'd like to do a swap.
sending pm's are easy it's getting a response that seems to be the missing link ...i'll keep expanding provinces and asking .. thanks

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are lots of wide-open fellowships, many of whom are willing to take you on even for just a few days to try things out. If there are any neighbours who help you fairly regularly, try seeing if they are in a fellowship, and whether it has space and who to contact.

DeletedUser16029

Is there a way of knowing the future or eventual dimensions of workshops and factories after they've been upgraded several levels? This might help in their placements. Same with residences.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is there a way of knowing the future or eventual dimensions of workshops and factories after they've been upgraded several levels? This might help in their placements. Same with residences.
The wiki has full details. it is linked in game beside settings:
upload_2018-4-19_13-2-26.png

Or just go here
the little angled grid icon shows the dimensions at each level:
upload_2018-4-19_13-4-36.png

the first number is the up-right dimension while the second number is the up-left dimension

For some buildings, the list of levels won't be visible until you hit an [expand] link on the right side.

DeletedUser16029

The wiki has full details. it is linked in game beside settings:
View attachment 3908
Or just go here
the little angled grid icon shows the dimensions at each level:
View attachment 3909

the first number is the up-right dimension while the second number is the up-left dimension

For some buildings, the list of levels won't be visible until you hit an [expand] link on the right side.
("OR JUST GO HERE") Where did you go to get the "upgrade level list" showing all levels along with their dimensions?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
("OR JUST GO HERE") Where did you go to get the "upgrade level list" showing all levels along with their dimensions?
You have to pick the building type you are interested in, from the page under the "go here" link, then on the individual building page there will be a table of all the levels. or you can do a search for it like "planks" "Workshop" etc

DeletedUser17369

I really wanted to start a new thread, but I cannot see anywhere to start a new post, so I will ask my question here...

I have a quest to "Buy 1 Knowledge point". I click on the green + and a box opens, I click the first option to buy 1 point for 500 gold and nothing happens. How do you buy a Knowledge Point?