• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I really wanted to start a new thread, but I cannot see anywhere to start a new post, so I will ask my question here...

I have a quest to "Buy 1 Knowledge point". I click on the green + and a box opens, I click the first option to buy 1 point for 500 gold and nothing happens. How do you buy a Knowledge Point?
That should work... do you have 500 coins? Does you KP bar gain a KP, or nothing at all happens?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I really wanted to start a new thread, but I cannot see anywhere to start a new post
When you are in a forum (not inside a thread, but int he parent forum, there will be a plus symbol in a green circle at the bottom right which starts a new thread in that forum.
upload_2018-4-24_19-14-51.png

DeletedUser17601

great job on the "beginners/player guides" gentlemen(ladies). So far my only real question which I am sure is no...is, can you rotate buildings,culture items,etc when placing them? Or are they always facing same direction ? For example, allowing the culture's "hedge", to be horizontal as opposed to vertical . It's not major, just curious. Thanks for your very well laid out and informational guides.

DeletedUser17601

One small suggestion for ease of sharing is a short URL. I made a copy of your guide and short url for sharing. I mad e a copy and a short url
https://tinyurl.com/MykanGuidecopy
I think this guide of yours is going to be circulating long after most of us retire the game and my guess is it'll be reffered to as the MykanGuide. It has a ring to it.
thank you for the newer link above for the "MykanGuide"... I attempted the 1st (longer) link from earlier but needed permission to access. no such issue with this 1, thanks again.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
great job on the "beginners/player guides" gentlemen(ladies). So far my only real question which I am sure is no...is, can you rotate buildings,culture items,etc when placing them? Or are they always facing same direction ? For example, allowing the culture's "hedge", to be horizontal as opposed to vertical . It's not major, just curious. Thanks for your very well laid out and informational guides.
You can not rotate items. It is an intended part of the frustation. There is worse to come. At other levels, when you go to update, buildings will suddenly change orientation, forcing you to completely redesign parts of your city in order to progress.

DeletedUser16029

The level of the Main Hall determines how much coinage and supplies you can accumulate. Is there a similar limit on the goods?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have not bought kp often does it reset like the wholesaler or does the cost just go up ?
It goes up, but don't let that worry you; your coin production keeps up. My next kp cost is 759K, and I'll buy 4-6 tonight when I do visits just like almost every day. The trick is to never buy kp with your boosted goods unless it's for an event. That keeps those costs low enough you can buy a few when you need them with your boosted goods, and you can spend excess coin on kp and keep making and collecting more.

hvariidh gwendrot

games rule 7 on push accts at the end says ...Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you....if my girlfriend wants to join the game now and we live together (and yes we share each others computers and i have logged in to the game on hers) does this mean I can't invite her to play in my fellowship or in the game at all without violating terms ?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Technically, yes. In practice, they rarely even take a look at such things, and it appears there would have to be serious indications you're doing it to cheat before they'd even talk to you about it.

hvariidh gwendrot

Technically, yes. In practice, they rarely even take a look at such things, and it appears there would have to be serious indications you're doing it to cheat before they'd even talk to you about it.
thanks .. she'll join later today then and I wont access game on her system anymore ) i'm lazy but I can walk 8 feet to mine if that's what it takes, she was a lil standoffish to start a new game but all the cool looking stuff got her like it got me so elvenar I can't get anymore open about it than this and we will both be 1 world 1 city players..I hope that being open to you folks in rule enforcement is good enough to have us both playing

hvariidh gwendrot

is there a full read out for the human tech tree somewhere I can see or download ? i'm elf and was asked a human research question and want to make sure I have correct information to access

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are a couple of lists, but the developers change things occasionally, so I suspect most of them get out of date as soon as they are created.

You could look in Mykan's signature, for his guides, which contain lists of tech requirements for most chapters.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sorry, I was confused. I don't think there is a tech list.

You could make a city in one of the worlds where you don't play, and just create that as human and use it to get screen caps of the tech tree.

hvariidh gwendrot

Sorry, I was confused. I don't think there is a tech list.

You could make a city in one of the worlds where you don't play, and just create that as human and use it to get screen caps of the tech tree.
yeah I put that as a option that I would make a human city that would be a dead city if needed but i'd rather not just make a dead city to clutter a world I will never play on if there's a list he has already...edit = made a human on winyandor if anyone wants a really slow growing human in a fellowship :rolleyes:

Last edited: