• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser20799

I generally play on the PC but today I was using the mobile app and couldn't figure out how to donate KP towards an AW. The AW I was trying was one that I'd already donated to before so I know I'm normally able to donate to it, but when I clicked on the AW in the app, it doesn't bring up the window to donate KP. Am I missing something here?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I generally play on the PC but today I was using the mobile app and couldn't figure out how to donate KP towards an AW. The AW I was trying was one that I'd already donated to before so I know I'm normally able to donate to it, but when I clicked on the AW in the app, it doesn't bring up the window to donate KP. Am I missing something here?
You are not. It is not currently possible to donate KP in the mobile version.

DeletedUser20799

You are not. It is not currently possible to donate KP in the mobile version.
Wait, seriously? How is that possible? I assume that means that people playing on Mobile only basically don't get to build as many AWs since they can't possibly try to get them as rewards by donating to FS members or neighbors? They can only get runes through the random province rewards and such?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wait, seriously? How is that possible?
The mobile only got out of beta a few months ago. It is not feature complete. Up until the the version that released this week, it wasn't possible to see other players cities, so you couldn't even tell if they had an AW, let alone donate to it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And it was asked back in March of 2018, we're now a month into 2019 so it's been 10 months, that's pretty sad that it hasn't been implemented yet.
The game is in active development, with a new chapter, six new events, and two completely new types of competitions in the last ten months. There have been more than 20 new versions since then. People who don't have patience should select a game that is mature, and isn't being actively developed. It will get here when it gets here, if ever, since they may have simply decided not to allow it to prevent pushing.

DeletedUser22338

FAQ

Do I have to spend money to play this game?

No!! Not at all. You do not have to buy diamonds to play this game. They make your life easier, make the game faster, and they will get you really cool culture buildings that you can't get otherwise, but you do not have to spend diamonds to play! If you see a task that can't be done and it looks like diamonds are the only way to get through it, look closer. All tasks can be done another way without spending diamonds.

What is the general gist of this game?

This is a city building game. It is a whole lot of fun!! I know this all looks complicated, but I have explained a lot of things that might be intuitive if you have ever tried any other city building game before. Basically, you build houses to get coins (rent) and workshops to get supplies and you use those things to build factories and make goods to keep your city going! It is pretty simple once you get the hang of the mechanics. The game has a lot of strategy though!

How do I fight?

That is a very complicated question. We have a lot of guides around here that help with fighting. Here is the one indispensable guide that we all read: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/

What is a fellowship?

Unlike other games, in Elvenar we don't fight each other. You use a fellowship in Elvenar to make friends and to have trading partners for your goods. Once in a fellowship, that consists of 25 players maximum, you have a chat and all your fellows will show up as trading partners without any trader fee. It is important to join a fellowship with players on roughly the same level as you. If you are brand new you can't be a great trading partner for people who are trading 10,000 at a time.

Where can I find a fellowship?

In the forums there is a section for each world...Arendyll, Winyandor, etc. Under the world name is a section of fellowships seeking members and members seeking fellowships. That is a great place to start. You can also find fellowships under the fellowship tab. (On your main city page, under your avatar and your name is your world ranking number. Click on that and then click on the fellowship tab.) Look for fellowships that have members with close to the same ranking you have. Then you can send a message to the archmage (the head of the fellowship) and ask them if they have room (send a message by clicking on the person's name and click the message tab.)

How do I even post on the forums?

You can't ask questions if you can't log into the forums! So first things first. In order to access the forums you need to go to your email and look for your FORUM PASSWORD. That is different than your game password. It was sent in a separate email. If you can't find it, send support a request for a new one. You won't be able to use your game password to log in here.

How do I get points?

You get ranking points by adding up the population and culture points that all your buildings need. Culture buildings in and of themselves do not give you any points at all, but you can't build anything without culture. You do get points for residences and all the upgrades because they use culture.

How do I get more coins and supplies?

First and foremost by helping your fellow man or elf! :) Every day you can visit someone in your fellowship and/or someone in your neighborhood that you have "discovered" or scouted. When you click on their name and click visit or just click on their city in the map, you will have a pair of helping hands on the bottom of your screen. Click on the hands and new little hand icons will appear over buildings in their city. If you click on a Culture building that player will get a culture boost, if you click on the main hall that player will get coins and if you click on their builders that player will get faster builders for a period of time. You might see a C or B or M or H in a player's city title. They are telling you which kind of help they prefer. You get a bonus in coins too for being such a good neighbor!! And if your neighbor has visited you in the past day, then you get bonus supplies too! It pays to be generous!!

The second way is quests quests and more quests! One line of the quests on the left is decline-able. You can decline them as needed. If you hit decline you get a scary message asking "Do you really want to decline this quest? This action cannot be reversed." Don't panic. These quests are on a loop. If you hit decline enough times you will get back to the one you just declined. Some quests are easy and take a few seconds, others take a long time. Use these to your advantage! If you are about to collect supplies, hit decline until you get to the gain x supplies quest. If you are heading to the world map to fight, make sure the fight 3 encounters quest is up. When you collect goods from your factories, have the gain x goods quest sitting there.

If you get really short of goods, you can "flip" quests with a friend in your fellowship. You do this by offering goods for trades back and forth. For example, if you have a quest that tells you to gain 1000 planks, you can trade 1000 planks for 1000 steel and then trade 1000 steel for 1000 planks. At the end of both of those trades you are back to even and you have't gained or lost anything. So why do that? Because if your friend keeps picking up those trades for you while you have the right quest on the screen, you can keep fulfilling that quest over and over. This is a very long and tedious process, but it sure can help in a pinch!

What is the best thing to buy?

If you are going to spend money on this game, then the first thing I would buy is a third builder. That is where the majority of down times comes from....from waiting for buildings to complete! The second best things to buy are expansions. You need room for those new buildings!

How do I make my city bigger?

There are a couple of ways to get more expansions in the game. Each expansion is a new 5 x 5 grid to add to your city. You can get them from clearing provinces on the world map, from the research tree, and you can buy them.

Under the builder icon in your city (bottom left) there is an expansion tab. Click on that and you will see the option to buy expansions with diamonds listed under premium expansions. (You don't have to buy them, but it makes your city bigger right away if you do).

You can get expansions from clearing the right research tab. Click on the research icon and go to the tech tree. Look for the ones that say city expansion. Once you have completed that tech, the new expansion will be under your builder tab. These expansions cost coins to place.

You can get expansions from clearing provinces in the world map either by negotiating or fighting. If you hover your mouse over the province expansion tab it will show you how many provinces you need in order to get the next expansion. If that section is bright green, you might have an expansion sitting there you can use right now! Just click on it and then place it in your city! These expansions do not cost any coins.

Warning: Once you place an expansion, it cannot be moved! So place it carefully!

Can I get diamonds any way other than buying them?

Almost never. Every once in a while there is a contest that you might be able to get some diamonds from if you win, but those are very rare and not many people usually win anything. It doesn't matter though! I have been playing this game from the beginning without ever buying diamonds and I am having lots of fun.

Is there a way to send player's messages?

Yes. Either in game or in the forums just click on the person's name and either send a message or "start a conversation".

Please, anyone with questions, please post them below so I can add to this list.
A truly great and to the point overview, thanks. I purchased some diamonds so that I can buy a third builder and am wondering how long it will be for them to reach the game. Any thoughts? I'm starting to wonder that something went wrong.

DeletedUser23053

FAQ

Do I have to spend money to play this game?

No!! Not at all. You do not have to buy diamonds to play this game. They make your life easier, make the game faster, and they will get you really cool culture buildings that you can't get otherwise, but you do not have to spend diamonds to play! If you see a task that can't be done and it looks like diamonds are the only way to get through it, look closer. All tasks can be done another way without spending diamonds.

What is the general gist of this game?

This is a city building game. It is a whole lot of fun!! I know this all looks complicated, but I have explained a lot of things that might be intuitive if you have ever tried any other city building game before. Basically, you build houses to get coins (rent) and workshops to get supplies and you use those things to build factories and make goods to keep your city going! It is pretty simple once you get the hang of the mechanics. The game has a lot of strategy though!

How do I fight?

That is a very complicated question. We have a lot of guides around here that help with fighting. Here is the one indispensable guide that we all read: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/

What is a fellowship?

Unlike other games, in Elvenar we don't fight each other. You use a fellowship in Elvenar to make friends and to have trading partners for your goods. Once in a fellowship, that consists of 25 players maximum, you have a chat and all your fellows will show up as trading partners without any trader fee. It is important to join a fellowship with players on roughly the same level as you. If you are brand new you can't be a great trading partner for people who are trading 10,000 at a time.

Where can I find a fellowship?

In the forums there is a section for each world...Arendyll, Winyandor, etc. Under the world name is a section of fellowships seeking members and members seeking fellowships. That is a great place to start. You can also find fellowships under the fellowship tab. (On your main city page, under your avatar and your name is your world ranking number. Click on that and then click on the fellowship tab.) Look for fellowships that have members with close to the same ranking you have. Then you can send a message to the archmage (the head of the fellowship) and ask them if they have room (send a message by clicking on the person's name and click the message tab.)

How do I even post on the forums?

You can't ask questions if you can't log into the forums! So first things first. In order to access the forums you need to go to your email and look for your FORUM PASSWORD. That is different than your game password. It was sent in a separate email. If you can't find it, send support a request for a new one. You won't be able to use your game password to log in here.

How do I get points?

Yo
Thank you so much for both your guide and the link to Mykan's!

The most helpful tip so far has definitely been cycling through the quests and learning how to work with them. I now make sure to only leave one encounter left undone in each province, use the 'complete 3' quest to go through the others, then come back to the 'complete a province' quest before hitting the last one. I'm timing everything a lot better now with quests.

I don't like battling story wise and I'm not doing so well with it right now. Sometimes I fight just because I'm low on goods.

I've got a marble boost, but so far I'm coming across far more provinces that need steel or planks.
Hi thank you so muchfor the guide .I am a new player and so far the game is great right now in chapter 2 .Now to my question here :I am not a Fan of figthing and with my 35 units its pointless when your Oponent has over 90 :) The Resources are getting a bit high so now can I play the whole Game without fighting? And thank you for making the Game on kindle fire
Thank you very much Hircina
u get ranking points by adding up the population and culture points that all your buildings need. Culture buildings in and of themselves do not give you any points at all, but you can't build anything without culture. You do get points for residences and all the upgrades because they use culture.

How do I get more coins and supplies?

First and foremost by helping your fellow man or elf! :) Every day you can visit someone in your fellowship and/or someone in your neighborhood that you have "discovered" or scouted. When you click on their name and click visit or just click on their city in the map, you will have a pair of helping hands on the bottom of your screen. Click on the hands and new little hand icons will appear over buildings in their city. If you click on a Culture building that player will get a culture boost, if you click on the main hall that player will get coins and if you click on their builders that player will get faster builders for a period of time. You might see a C or B or M or H in a player's city title. They are telling you which kind of help they prefer. You get a bonus in coins too for being such a good neighbor!! And if your neighbor has visited you in the past day, then you get bonus supplies too! It pays to be generous!!

The second way is quests quests and more quests! One line of the quests on the left is decline-able. You can decline them as needed. If you hit decline you get a scary message asking "Do you really want to decline this quest? This action cannot be reversed." Don't panic. These quests are on a loop. If you hit decline enough times you will get back to the one you just declined. Some quests are easy and take a few seconds, others take a long time. Use these to your advantage! If you are about to collect supplies, hit decline until you get to the gain x supplies quest. If you are heading to the world map to fight, make sure the fight 3 encounters quest is up. When you collect goods from your factories, have the gain x goods quest sitting there.

If you get really short of goods, you can "flip" quests with a friend in your fellowship. You do this by offering goods for trades back and forth. For example, if you have a quest that tells you to gain 1000 planks, you can trade 1000 planks for 1000 steel and then trade 1000 steel for 1000 planks. At the end of both of those trades you are back to even and you have't gained or lost anything. So why do that? Because if your friend keeps picking up those trades for you while you have the right quest on the screen, you can keep fulfilling that quest over and over. This is a very long and tedious process, but it sure can help in a pinch!

What is the best thing to buy?

If you are going to spend money on this game, then the first thing I would buy is a third builder. That is where the majority of down times comes from....from waiting for buildings to complete! The second best things to buy are expansions. You need room for those new buildings!

How do I make my city bigger?

There are a couple of ways to get more expansions in the game. Each expansion is a new 5 x 5 grid to add to your city. You can get them from clearing provinces on the world map, from the research tree, and you can buy them.

Under the builder icon in your city (bottom left) there is an expansion tab. Click on that and you will see the option to buy expansions with diamonds listed under premium expansions. (You don't have to buy them, but it makes your city bigger right away if you do).

You can get expansions from clearing the right research tab. Click on the research icon and go to the tech tree. Look for the ones that say city expansion. Once you have completed that tech, the new expansion will be under your builder tab. These expansions cost coins to place.

You can get expansions from clearing provinces in the world map either by negotiating or fighting. If you hover your mouse over the province expansion tab it will show you how many provinces you need in order to get the next expansion. If that section is bright green, you might have an expansion sitting there you can use right now! Just click on it and then place it in your city! These expansions do not cost any coins.

Warning: Once you place an expansion, it cannot be moved! So place it carefully!

Can I get diamonds any way other than buying them?

Almost never. Every once in a while there is a contest that you might be able to get some diamonds from if you win, but those are very rare and not many people usually win anything. It doesn't matter though! I have been playing this game from the beginning without ever buying diamonds and I am having lots of fun.

Is there a way to send player's messages?

Yes. Either in game or in the forums just click on the person's name and either send a message or "start a conversation".

Please, anyone with questions, please post them below so I can add to this list.

DeletedUser23053

Hi my name is Hircina
Thank you for your guide. I have a qustion here can I play the Game without fighting? I am in chapter 2 right now and Resources are getting a bit high but with only 35 units its poinless .So far its a great game only tiny Issue is when you looking for some steel relics ans none are on the map :)

Thanks again for the guides
Hirci na

DeletedUser23053

Thank you very much .I know it takes maybe a lot longer that way but i gonna go for that besidrs cant figure out how to have more then 35 units .
The game is a welcome break for me from the fights in world of warcraft. I play that game on a kindle fire and it works great ;)
So thank you all hircina

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Once you get the tech and build a barracks, you'll be able to train more troops in it. If you don't build the barracks, you can still play, but you won't get any more story progress quests and won't be able to finish most events, which almost all call for training some troops.

It's also possible to craft a "grounds of the orc strategist" or "Vallorian Valor" which will each produce some of a different kind of troop automatically every 6+ hours.

DeletedUser23053

ido have barracks and 2 armorys. So yeah i can train troops so far seems like i got some too .It s just always tells me i got 35 units when the other guy had over 100 my issue here is how to increase the units so I have more then 35 because right now its pointless even if i train troops there not more then 35 S o basicly i habe a way smaller army so i can train troops but it wont increace the unit size
Otherwise its a great game
Thank you hircina

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You're likely in a state that people often call "over-scouted." Each chapter starts with a new scouting tech that drops the cost (and therefor difficulty rating) of future provinces. It is very easy to reach a stage where fights become impossible. The only way to increase the troops you are bringing with you to battle is by opening up squad size techs. You probably need to stop scouting for a while and let your city's tech catch up to your exploration.

There's also a point in the early-mid chapters (around three -five) where no matter what you do, battles are tough. That's a game flaw, and you'll get past it in time.

DeletedUser23053

Yeah when your buildings arent high enough and the work shop too but at least you could telll tthat you found evety province in the whole area lol thank you very much seems like time to invest a bit more in the city instead scouting the map thanks for you r advice :)
Hircina