• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser43

Thanks Oakwick. So glad it helps. I'll repeat that info here. I think it is so important.

I had a newer player ask me today how on earth they could play this game because it is so slow and it takes forever to get enough coins and supplies. I realized, that is so second nature to most of us that we don't discuss this helpful hint these days.

Use the quests. Those things the little helper people on the left of your screen tell you to do give you big bonuses! After you have done the task, go back and click the finish button and voila! Tons of coins!

Now, here is a the not so secret secret....one of those quests is a repeating quest line....it has a decline button on it. If you hit decline enough times, you get back to the first quest again. These quests are on a loop. Scroll through them. See which quest works best for the tasks you are doing anyway. If you are about to collect supplies, look for the collect supplies quest. If you are about to collect goods, look for the collect goods quest.

The advanced players all do tons of these quests each day. That should help you a lot!

DeletedUser594

Mykan- That is an incredible guide and I will be looking through it in more depth but even a quick glance and I am blown away. I don't think any have been done with that kind of breadth of coverage.
Cheers and thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thanks Varron, Always happy for suggestions on how to improve it or ideas on how to best bring it direct into the forums. It started as a way to help fellowship members with frequent questions then the guide competition on EN forums and has grown from there.

DeletedUser594

Thanks Varron, Always happy for suggestions on how to improve it or ideas on how to best bring it direct into the forums. It started as a way to help fellowship members with frequent questions then the guide competition on EN forums and has grown from there.

One small suggestion for ease of sharing is a short URL. I made a copy of your guide and short url for sharing. I mad e a copy and a short url
https://tinyurl.com/MykanGuidecopy
I think this guide of yours is going to be circulating long after most of us retire the game and my guess is it'll be reffered to as the MykanGuide. It has a ring to it.

DeletedUser594

Thanks Varron. Using your idea
http://tinyurl.com/MykanGuide

I keep adding to it from time to time. Some sections I have done faster then others so they are not as "polished" but the main ideas are there. I almost need to make an appendix :rolleyes:

I've been making a fighting specific guide and if you don't mind I would like to use your section on fighting with modifications (with a link to your source material and credit) I will be adding some pics and changing some of the written material, if that's okay with you. You are of course welcome to any material added or edits made if you want them. I've only gotten through a bit but here's a link so you can see what I'm doing, and if you would rather not have an altered version of your work out I can easily scrap it- not a problem at all. I've only added one pic so far but plan on doing others for the elven and human units (anyone working a guide is welcome to the pics). I plan on fleshing out the province fighting section and adding a quick start section that gives the basics and a chart showing which unit to use against which enemy. https://tinyurl.com/MykguideVedit1
The pic was finished just a fee minutes ago and will most likely undergo changes as well

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@varron By all means, collaboration and different perspectives will only improve the work. Fighting is such a huge area for a guide to cover. I had considered bringing the material into the forum but would likely have to break it into multiple threads and still have multiple posts per thread.

DeletedUser3312

This is a wonderful guide! wish I knew of it when I began playing!!!

DeletedUser3855

I'm very new at all this, a friend suggested the game to me due to my love for fairies and pixies and obsession with fairy gardens lol. How do I expand? I can't seem to locate an icon for that one, that or I need new glasses lol. All morning I make beverages then switch to the one beside it till supper time followed by the third one till bedtime, at night while I sleep I make anything that takes a few hours switching it up nightly, so far that's only been two nights as I've only been playing for two days. I have been invited to a group or what is referred to as a "fellowship" but haven't a clue how to accept. Lastly, notifications, how do we accept them, and how do I help a friend? That's about all I need to know for now, I'm still plucking away at it and learning as I go. Fun game, I am really enjoying it.

DeletedUser3312

How do I expand?

Hi and welcome! what are you trying to expand? your city size, a factory, a house, a workshop?

Join the fellowship. to do so, you click on the shield icon under your game face picture at the top left of the screen. then type in the name of the fellowship and apply. they will then approve you.

DeletedUser3312

to expand a city, you click on the hammer at the bottom center of your screen. the far right says expansions. click and then add your expansion if you have one available to use.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You can also click on the move building button (arrows next to the $) and then click on the grid you would like to expand into. This brings up the same menu Jewess mentioned to show you if you have any expansions to place.

DeletedUser43

How do I expand? I can't seem to locate an icon for that one, that or I need new glasses lol. All morning I make beverages then switch to the one beside it till supper time followed by the third one till bedtime, at night while I sleep I make anything that takes a few hours switching it up nightly, so far that's only been two nights as I've only been playing for two days. I have been invited to a group or what is referred to as a "fellowship" but haven't a clue how to accept. Lastly, notifications, how do we accept them, and how do I help a friend? That's about all I need to know for now, I'm still plucking away at it and learning as I go. Fun game, I am really enjoying it.

Hi Fairy! Welcome to the game! Thanks for the great question! I added a section to the FAQ about expansions. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I need to clarify it. :)

Notifications don't require any action from you. They are just there to tell you who has helped you recently with help and who has picked up trades you placed. They are information, not requests. However, if you see that someone has helped you recently and they have a little hand next to their name, you can click on the hand and be taken to their city so you can help them back. :)

Regarding fellowships, Mykan's guide has a great section on fellowships on page 6: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACCAhUm9p_2aq3ZtZZ2HhHRtoYdyYt5vzXBHXbwiTxY/edit?usp=sharing

DeletedUser3855

Hi Fairy! Welcome to the game! Thanks for the great question! I added a section to the FAQ about expansions. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I need to clarify it. :)

Notifications don't require any action from you. They are just there to tell you who has helped you recently with help and who has picked up trades you placed. They are information, not requests. However, if you see that someone has helped you recently and they have a little hand next to their name, you can click on the hand and be taken to their city so you can help them back. :)

Regarding fellowships, Mykan's guide has a great section on fellowships on page 6: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ACCAhUm9p_2aq3ZtZZ2HhHRtoYdyYt5vzXBHXbwiTxY/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much, I just made my first city expansion :) bought me 4 more workshops as well, so 2 of my shops can do the manufacturing of the item that takes an entire day to complete while the rest can do the other 5. collecting tools is easier now that I have more workshops and are very handy when negotiating, so far I haven't had to fight, I'm hoping I never do, I really don't like fighting hehe. I read the link you gave me, but what I wanted is to answer the girl that asked me to join hers, I'm not sure how to do that, just figured out how to chat with her so I asked her, hopefully she answers me. I was hoping there was a button that would say "accept" lol, I'm way too use to facebook games LOL

DeletedUser43

what I wanted is to answer the girl that asked me to join hers, I'm not sure how to do that, just figured out how to chat with her so I asked her, hopefully she answers me. I was hoping there was a button that would say "accept" lol, I'm way too use to facebook games LOL

Oh shoot! It has been so long since I accepted a fellowship invitation! There should be some button that says accept somewhere. Try clicking on the button underneath the little messages envelope. I am hoping there is a fellowship button there for you. Then if you have an invitation to join a fellowship there, hopefully, something in there is a button to accept? Poke around and see what you can see. Would you be so kind as to let me know when you find it? Thanks!

Thanks Frostwyrm!

DeletedUser3312

So glad this was pinned to the top. It's such great information!!!