• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser6892

I have a question and don't know exactly where to ask it...search sent me to this page. Nice job so far from what I see. just seems to be missing a place to ask a question and then if already asked: direct to prper page. If new subject, sent to where these will be answered!

My question is: What is the difference between this site and the Elvenar beta site? the Home page looks the same... tab got closed on me but the address is a bit different. I had heard it is a place you can build a town and try the new stuff before it gets updated into the actual game site..

Thanks for listening...still sort of new to forum, haven't use a real lot.. COMMENT: like the new look since here last and like this topic you are working on for beginning players...can help as a reminder on the basics of the game to all players I would think too!

Krazee4katz

DeletedUser3707

Hi All, if I create my own fellowship is it possible for me to join another fellowship?

You can only be in one FS in each world. So if you want to start a Fellowship in one world you can still be in other FS's in other worlds.

Only if you leave it first. You can't be in two fellowships.

I just explained it so it's more clear.

Thanks

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My question is: What is the difference between this site and the Elvenar beta site? the Home page looks the same... tab got closed on me but the address is a bit different. I had heard it is a place you can build a town and try the new stuff before it gets updated into the actual game site..

There are numerous sites each with their own set of worlds that you can play on, many of these relate to language or region. Beta server is where the releases come to first so they get to see updates before others but also get to help troubleshoot the bugs. The other sites like language/country specific, US or international are all live servers and are the same as far as content. For English speaking players US, beta and international (EN) sites all provide good places to play.

Forums are attached to a site but you can still read those forums whether you play on the site or not. As there are 3 sites with English as the primary language you can browse the 3 forums. You will get slightly different tone and content based on who plays the server and the international manager/mods for that location. Beta forum is particularly good for reading release notes as they are usually 2 weeks ahead of the live release so you get a sneak peak into what is likely coming to the live servers.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't know how to tell what chapter.
vhvpma.jpg
use the drop down on an event building, and compare the numbers with the building in your city.

DeletedUser6432

When I first started playing Elvenar I was so confused and I wished there was a new player guide someplace. So far, I have yet to see one posted anywhere. I decided to go back to the beginning, start a new world and follow along with the quests and explain everything in detail. It has taken me a long time to write this much and I know I need to add more. But, this is a beginning. It was too long to make one post, so I had to break it up. Since I will be adding to this, I created a few posts to add on later.

I know this could use a lot of editing, so please, post any edits you think are needed. This is a rough draft and I decided just to post it now or I won't ever finish it. I would like to create a quick start guide too that is a lot shorter. Hopefully, for anyone new you can just do a search on this page for any term that you more information about. :)

This is meant to be a guide to tell you how this game works. It would be great if others will add posts about some of the best strategies to use.

If you are new, please ask any questions you have. Maybe I can put together a FAQ section too.

DeletedUser6432

The Wiki is the beginner's help. I found this to be helpful and when I had questions the fellowship answered them. This is how the game is set up.

DeletedUser8832

Many thanks to Bobbykitty for this guide. My first city was all over the place since I really had no idea what I was doing. Then I found this guide and it made starting a city so much easier!

DeletedUser4993

I've stated this before, culture is a fickle creature. It is very hard to have a cultural bonus and be able to improve your city. And as usual, it all comes down to space. In order to get a cultural bonus, you have to have enough cultural buildings for people to aid. But how much culture do want just filling up space that you could utilize for another workshop or manufactory? If you are upgrading buildings, your culture is steadily dropping and any bonus that you currently have will steadily drop as well. You are back to adding culture just to get the cultural bonus. And as some have stated, even if you have enough buildings that could give a nice bonus, you are still at the mercy of others to help you. That can be mitigated a bit, if you are in a fellowship with members who do rounds every day.

Here I go again. All my culture buildings have pop (from quests) too so I tend to have a lot anyway and like and use spells and buffs. I delete the smaller ones as I go for space. Most of my FS and neighbors buff my culture well so I am usually 150-180%. I am still not that fond of BH. The main is the biggest time consumer and even at about 35-40 hrs I guess I just don't save enough time and would rather have culture with pop. BTW if u have a hard time finding a BH like its hidden behind buildings and the farthest reaches maybe the "rule" of BH first should be ignored.

No one is playing wrong just different. I love this game because of that difference plus I learn. :)

DeletedUser3297

I really do not care what people hit. There is nothing that is any better than the other. I have builders that sit work-less for days, I have over 100,000 excess culture so if you hit one of my cultural buildings it makes no difference at all. I do like coin from my main hall, but even that I can make from world map visits.