• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi, I'm fairly new and unfortunately I seem to need a lot of help. First thanks to pattylyn for answering my post. She says I just need paths to the buildings. My problem is the red circles with the line through it that keeps appearing. It used to be just the one building "residence". Then I tried to fix it and now its the other two also. I moved my main building and it ruined the other two "builders hut" and something else that I can't seem to collect from. It might be production thing. Anyway I want to know how to move it back so the two that were connected are still connected and to fix the one that wasn't and maybe get on with the game and these quests that people seem to be talking about. Thank you

Any building that produces anything: residences(coins), workshops(supplies), factories(goods), military buildings(combat units) needs an unbroken street connection to the main hall. When that connection is not there, the red circles with the line appear to let you know it is not producing. Without being able to look at your city, I can't say what can be done to get everything connected. The thing I missed early on was that those regular 'footpath' road square costs nothing to build and can be removed by using the 'sell' button even though you won't actually get anything when you sell it. Once I realized that I just put out the paths I needed to get production going and as I better organized things and looked at how to arrange for optimum use of space, I just sold off the ones I didn't need.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Oh, and I forgot the builders hut: it does not need to be connected to a road. I'm only in Elcysandir, and I couldn't find your name there(but there are a bunch of 'summers', lol), but if you're in that world, I'd be happy to take a look at your city and see if I could help.

DeletedUser12630

how do u earn points to make it so your fellowship shows up

DeletedUser6892

When I first started playing Elvenar I was so confused and I wished there was a new player guide someplace. So far, I have yet to see one posted anywhere. I decided to go back to the beginning, start a new world and follow along with the quests and explain everything in detail. It has taken me a long time to write this much and I know I need to add more. But, this is a beginning. It was too long to make one post, so I had to break it up. Since I will be adding to this, I created a few posts to add on later.

I know this could use a lot of editing, so please, post any edits you think are needed. This is a rough draft and I decided just to post it now or I won't ever finish it. I would like to create a quick start guide too that is a lot shorter. Hopefully, for anyone new you can just do a search on this page for any term that you more information about. :)

This is meant to be a guide to tell you how this game works. It would be great if others will add posts about some of the best strategies to use.

If you are new, please ask any questions you have. Maybe I can put together a FAQ section too.

Hi, Bobbykitty!
I feel like I am still new & compared to many players I guess I am; have been here about a year, now! This is a wonderful idea, I see many things I went thru working on figuring out what I could w/elvenar wiki my only guide at first--this forum seemed too confusing in the beginning! I loved playing right away, and just went along with whatever it said as I played. I am paying for mistakes I unknowingly made back in the beginning but no matter as i was having a blast doing everything I could figure out!

This guide is awesome; although you are right in understanding that it needs editing & updating, too, in some areas; although I have just skimmed over the basics; read some more deeply & saw things that I either figured out or even tho figured out; it got me stuck or in a bad position at times for not knowing certain things sooner.

I have yet to look over Mykan's guide -- seems that w/suggestions from all gamers as you have asked; The 2 of you could do some working together, too, maybe? You would be able to do a comprehensive guide for the game, with your combined work, tho updates & edits would be necessary on a regular basis! While you are working on a general start--up guide you mentioned - it sounded as if Mykan is working on a more detailed version...what better guide to have than one that starts w/quick start guide of game basics followed with more details and deeper explanations further on .... (just a suggestion/opinion from one who likes what I see already!--basically, now that I have found this, it is what I am doing. Starting w/your guide, and on to Mykan's as you suggested!)

One thing I have found everywhere 'Elvenar', like Wiki, & certain Forum information, much is or seems out-dated information, when I had known even as a newbie that some things I read were no longer in use or part of the game--or possibly just in need of a clearer explanation! I looked around a lot & got even more confused than just playing the game, except a few good bits of info in both places. I actually 'travelled' around my world and looked at other players towns, both Fellowships & individuals. I learned much more that way, especially when Ieft messages with different players regarding thier towns, saying I was new & seeing what was out there in my new little world! (May make a nice suggestion for new or even longer playing members; like asking about how they run a FS as Archmage or what different buildings are ... confusing before getting to guest races, one hasn't a clue what they are looking at in comparison to what they are starting with or have at the time!

I am sure you get so may replies; I don't expect an answer but if possible would love to hear from you! I would love to help, have been making notes in my Office notebook (MS 2010 Onenote) which has helped; the threads drive me nutz, although useful- as is chat. Trying to organize as this particular one year 'newbie' has been made Archmage fairly recently .... which was a huge surprise to me, not knowing or believing I could handle it, plus many more experienced members in group, too, who would be great AM's! We have been thru so many changes! (I am actually looking for info on tips for Archmages- which is how I got to this thread!)

I know this got rather long winded, my groups know me (I am in 2 worlds, now) and totally are fine with it; another surprise and big plus in this game; the social part...wonderful people! Keep up the great work; funny I was thinking of starting a town just to try different things, and make notes about what works better, etc, before reading this....it has been enlightening & will continue to be a reference for me. And as long as you don't mind suggestions/or input; I will help when I can if I would even find anything that is not already covered! I do seem to catch changes, tho, don't know why, but it's helped me, too!

Gosh, hope I didn't overdo it here, guess I got excited, appreciate your help and thank you for listening! Have fun and keep smilin! krazee4katz (k4k for short) ... :)

DeletedUser6892

Sadly, Bobbykitty quit playing just after Christmas last year. She is no longer participating in the community.
Thank you Ashrem for posting this; and I agree, it is sad she is no longer playing, but have had other good people need to leave for various reasons; usually Real Life happens & too much to do! Although I looked over as much of this thread as possible; some dates w/posts are older in the earlier threads. I wasn't sure which URL's &/or links/web addresses were most current for Mykan's guide & whatever/however much of Bobbykitty's guide is still available. It would be nice to have all in one place; and it may be but I was wondering if you or someone else may know the most recent place or places to find this info. What I have seen so far is amazing and informative! I really like this game; can only look up game info or read forum in bits at a time. I keep tidbits of good tips for various part of game in my computer notebook; but the guides are much info; haven't even had time to look up Mykan's guide (his collaboration-as he says) yet; want to make sure I get to the right places!
Thank you and others who put their time into helping other gamers who want to learn more and keep playing; I luv this game & want to learn more & help my FS's, neighbors and others, too! and learn how to be a good Arch mage!
ty for listening have a good night/wonderful day and keep smilin!! :)k4k

pinhat53

how can i use the "intant time reduction" that are in my inventory? i also need other information as i am new to this game.

DeletedUser10008

Hi pinhat53, to use the time reduction instants, go to the production you want to reduce (includes scouting and the magic academy) and there you will see a timer with an hour glass. Select the timer and it will bring up your instant menu for you to choose from.

pinhat53

Hi pinhat53, to use the time reduction instants, go to the production you want to reduce (includes scouting and the magic academy) and there you will see a timer with an hour glass. Select the timer and it will bring up your instant menu for you to choose from.
thank you for the information it helped.

pinhat53

when you get an expansion is it better to expand first from the side of the main hall making the city look more like a square or away from the main hall making the city look like a rectangle?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
what does joining a fellowship bring to the game?
It effectively adds a bunch of explored provinces for purposes of daily help and trading because you can visit your fellowship members without discovering them. It also is required to participate in tournaments. Though you can make your own fellowship of one to do that, there is only your own score going toward the total chests acquired in the tournament. With a proper fellowship, you earn larger joint prizes.

DeletedUser9839

Is it possible to move position on map? I am in a spot I Cant progress in any more as all the provinces are"very hard"..I guess I just stop playing the game from here? I cant beat the armies there and its to expensive to negotiate-so i cant get relics or progress, really no point in playing from here!

DeletedUser10008

Hi Dendrodarian, the provinces and battle will get easier as you progress in the research. Unlocking the squad size increases, fighter improvements, and next chapter advanced scouting, all lower the difficulty levels for provinces. The developers have made it harder when we have scouted out quicker than they feel we should. Give it a little time, do the researches, and it will get easier again.