• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3059

There is so much to read and learn about the "how to" of the game. I've only been playing a few days and I have questions. What is a good number of each building to have, as far as the Goods buildings, residences, Barricks, Armories, and the various production buildings? Space is so limited and there is so much to build. I need some guidance on what is most important and of most benefit.

Also, no one has invited me to join their fellowship. I invited someone and they joined me, so we have a fellowship of 2. Someone messaged me that it's better to join an established fellowship rather than start my own. Then someone else told me to hold up on disbanding mine. I invited several people who were smaller like me and weren't affiliated, but only the one joined me. The more established fellowships I've seen tend to only have space for one more member and some even specify they want experienced players who have more to offer. What is the best way for me to utilize the fellowship options - beg to join someone (lol) or just hang in there and try to build my own?

It's a bit challenging as a new player to learn all the "how to" about the game and avoid making mistakes in what we build, etc., so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser61

jigsaw.jpg
Have you discovered our wiki? Check out https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

You'll need at least twice as many houses as workshop, and the rest of it you can make up as you go. The current game supports nineteen upgrade levels, and you pretty much get to reorganize your city whenever you start a new chapter.

DeletedUser3059

I had been there before I posted here but I had login problems. It didn't give me the option to register, it automatically popped in my login in from the game but then it gave messages that there's no such player. It didn't recognize my user name, my email, nothing. I tried to change the password and that didn't work either. Sigh. So I thought I'd just come here. So....twice as my houses vs. workshops, but what's a good number of workshops to have?

DeletedUser61

The wiki is Read Only for all but the handful of InnoGames employees who are responsible for its content. It doesn't offer much in the way of strategy, you have to figure that out for yourself, but it's wonderful for tactics.

Workshops are your speed limit, even more so than Knowledge Points. You'll be horrified, but I'm current playing a million and a half Coins PER upgrade, and I have a dozen Workshops.

See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Workshop#Workshop_Elves

DeletedUser3059

I appreciate all your insight. :) But, omg! That's a LOT of coins! I hope that bug in the game doesn't zero you coins out like it did mine. Sounds like I will definitely need more workshops!

DeletedUser627

Hi, Onnalee. Glad to see you here!

Answers to your questions about balancing buildings will depend on how you like to play. Elvenar very quickly becomes a waiting game - so the speed of your progress depends on how often you can log on. The other factor is your budget (it's better to set one ahead of time and stick to it - the game will try to pressure you to spend). Lastly is your approach: are you inclined to press in a grow stronger as quickly as possible, or do you prefer a meandering "whatever, this is nice" approach?

DeletedUser3059

I play daily, been playing Dragonvale for a long time and wanted to add something new, so found Elvenar. As for approach, you described me as I am (pressured to move quickly) and the way I "try" to play (easy-going and it's all good), and I had to chuckle as I read your post because the two are often at odds. lol I read somewhere that you don't need diamonds to play the game, in response to someone asking about how to earn diamonds. I find that diamonds are essential, and expensive, and I can't afford to get carried away by the sense of urgency to go faster. So, I'm trying to learn more game patience to match my budget. Guess that will be an ongoing struggle. lol My days off are the worst. When I'm at work, it has to be "it is what it is", but when I'm home that urgency to get things done is on me. However, I'm pretty discouraged that game has sucked away over 40K in hard-earned coins needed for growth for a new player, due to glitches in the game. Support said they can't restore them. I posted on their Facebook page it would be nice if they could do "something", like give some diamonds to the players who lose coin gains due to the game and then have to earn back the lost ground before they can move forward. I'm enjoying the game, but I have spent some money on it getting started, so losing coins like tht in my first week of playing was frustrating. Thanks for the welcome. Glad to find people willing to share insight and provide encouragement.

DeletedUser2753

This may help. Just my take on the game and strategy. First i have been playing since October last year, so this is not a fast game no matter what. Second it took me months to decide on a plan which I believe has worked for me at least. At first i wanted to stay a free player, no diamonds, which removed the challenge and I am cheap. So around chapter two or three I noticed people were concentrating on their Boosted goods and trading for others so I joined a fellowship to trade. I was #17 of 24 and now I am at the top. My fellowship is mid-level with about 1/2 the members doing daily help and a few who have died but not been replaced yet. So I can keep production up and expect almost continuous help. This is key to moving faster. So here is my strategy and what I did to accomplish it.
  1. Joined a good friendly & helpfully fellowship.
  2. Decide to build 40 houses, 10 workshops and 4 each of my boosted mfgs. Upgrading then as soon as I could
  3. Keep balanced, limit roads, maximize land use
  4. Keep upgrading My culture with the best available, with 27000 available as the goal lately. 150% boost with no help
  5. This all required space so as I worked on free expansions, about one month later i was land locked AND I did succumb to buying diamonds and bought 5 expansions at about 1/month, budget of $5/m. Later I upgraded my builder once and my Magic Academy once, and yes bought lastly a small amount of copper since the dwarfs were so slow and lastly did finish off two Ancient wonders with about 500 diamonds. I never bought a culture building other then one small 1 square one for population for cheap. So after all that I have spent $50-$60 over 8 months.
  6. I did Neighborhood & fellowship help every day for coin and supplies
  7. I also spend to much time each day doing 15 min clicks on my workshops and then buying with supplies and gold missing goods. I got a timer off the Win 10 app store for free to help so i was do not miss timing clicks.
  8. I found with the extra workshops running hot i could buy alot of level one goods other then my boost even at wholesale prices it was like having more Mfgs
  9. I horded goods troop, coin and supplies before going to the map and fighting, this meant i would be slow to expand the neighborhood, but i had the best troups and could afford scouts.
  10. Now I am not close to the top 100 in ranking but if I look above me many have spent hundreds of dollars on diamonds to get there.
Hope this helps

DeletedUser3059

Wow! Thanks so much for the helpful hints and taking the time to post that for me! Awesome! I will most definitely use this information!!!

DeletedUser3179

There is so much to read and learn about the "how to" of the game. I've only been playing a few days and I have questions. What is a good number of each building to have, as far as the Goods buildings, residences, Barricks, Armories, and the various production buildings? Space is so limited and there is so much to build. I need some guidance on what is most important and of most benefit.

Also, no one has invited me to join their fellowship. I invited someone and they joined me, so we have a fellowship of 2. Someone messaged me that it's better to join an established fellowship rather than start my own. Then someone else told me to hold up on disbanding mine. I invited several people who were smaller like me and weren't affiliated, but only the one joined me. The more established fellowships I've seen tend to only have space for one more member and some even specify they want experienced players who have more to offer. What is the best way for me to utilize the fellowship options - beg to join someone (lol) or just hang in there and try to build my own?

It's a bit challenging as a new player to learn all the "how to" about the game and avoid making mistakes in what we build, etc., so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I also have tried to join fellowships. Possibly I'm too new and will probably wait a while.

LiL Posey

I am lil Posey I have 3 elf lands and 2 human lands. I too am learning. Feel free to send me an invite to your fellowship and if I am not connected there I will be glad to help. I am kind of addicted to learning and playing this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

I also have tried to join fellowships. Possibly I'm too new and will probably wait a while.
here's a few points that may shed some light on how/why many fellowships don't respond and what you can do to stand out
  • many applicants simply start a city apply and quit all within hours leaving a list of mostly dead applications to thumb through
  • if you don't have a trader, you can't engage in one of the 3 primary reasons for a fellowship, namely: Trade, Neighborly help, Socializing
  • Your cities score should be roughly in line with the range of the fellowship you apply to- otherwise you will be producing in the 50's and hundreds watching trades in blocks of 1,000's zipping all over .
  • There are some enjoyable aspects of this game that only come through working with others at the same stage of discovery and production. In a fellowship close to your size you are able to contribute your goods production and insights to help the fellowship rather than feeling like an observer in an advanced fellowship
Once you find a fellowship you hope to join take a minute and write a message to the contact person or archmage. You will immediately stand out from the list of half dead cities that many an archmage just ignores anyway. I promise you a simple message introducing your self, with a bit of info on city score and boosts, or what you are looking for in a fellowship or anything at all really will immediately put you front and center and many Archs will respond. I write back and if I can't accept the player for whatever reason, I will work to get them placed somewhere by contacting the other archmages I know who may be a better fit.

DeletedUser3059

Thanks for this info on fellowships!

'Lil Posey, I appreciate that. However, I decided to disband my fellowship of 2 in hopes of joining a larger, established fellowship since that seems to be where the benefit is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser68

I’ve tidied up your stacked posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.

Rather than posting concurrent sequential messages, we want you to simply edit your most recent post. The easiest technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page, and then cull out the bits that are superfluous.
index.php

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature block image links may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
Code:
The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.

[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.