• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New player(sorta) any tips before I start?

DeletedUser3979

So I played about a year ago, dumped around $20 but had to take around 2months off and ignore games due to school and work.

Found out a bit back that my world got deleted, so I stopped playing.

Well, now is when I'm in the mood to play the game again, and I'm curious if anyone has tips or tricks to use before I start, and I have a few questions

1. Are there some resources more valued that others?

2. Can you choose your boosted resources?(I think if I remember, you get 3 resources you get to boost for free, or they're boosted and produce more than others)

3. If not, is there a way to get boosts for productions? I mention this because Ideally I want to produce only 3(crystal, silk, and steel, but I hear you should focus on one, and I chose those 3 because of how cool they look being fully maxed.

4. Just to verify the above, my boosts as of right now because they're my starting ones, are dust, silk, plank. Am I stuck with these? Because again, I ideally want crystal silk and steel, or just one of them, as the game really is all about how you want your place to look.

5. Does it matter what world I choose? I'm choosing sanya, as it seems like it's the newest world.

6. Anything else you'd add?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Hi and welcome back to the game. In response to your questions:
1. No all resources are pretty equal. The only time there is the appearance that is isn't is if your fellowship is imbalanced in its good. If the fellowship has a good balance than resources will trade easily.

2. No. You would have to create multiple accounts to "choose" the one with the boosts you want. There are only 9 combinations but luck means its unlikley you will get all 9 with 9 attempts.

3. Not 100% sure where this question is going. You are boosted in one good from each tier group and by collecting relics you can achieve up to a 700% production boost for these goods. Crystal and Silk are in tier 2 so it is not possible for both to be boosted. You can build non-boosted factories but they are much less efficient. Have a look at the wiki as with the various guest races the "fully maxed" image is constantly evolving. Unless you decide to stop a factory at a certain level the look will presumably continue to change as new technology is researched.

4. On that account yes your boosts are stuck. You would need to create a new town in a new world or create a new account to get different boosts. Do you mean steel, silk and gems?

5. Not a big difference. The 2 new worlds will mean no established neighbours so a fellowship is absolutely key. Granted even on an established world you would want a fellowship. Also expect a "culling" of neighbours on the new world once they reach the 3 month mark. With an established world you have a chance to get lucky and land next to established neighbours. In time they all become fairly similar.

6. Learn about the advanced scout tech and how it impacts provinces and combat. Also learn about how wonders work now before building one.

DeletedUser4993

Hi and welcome back to the game. In response to your questions:
1. No all resources are pretty equal. The only time there is the appearance that is isn't is if your fellowship is imbalanced in its good. If the fellowship has a good balance than resources will trade easily.

I have heard that trades from tier to tier there are benefits to taking the tier 1 trade for a tier 2 and 3 instead of the straight 16:4:1 So people tend to offer more of the higher tier for the lower tier. Maybe everyone is wrong!!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have heard that trades from tier to tier there are benefits to taking the tier 1 trade for a tier 2 and 3 instead of the straight 16:4:1 So people tend to offer more of the higher tier for the lower tier. Maybe everyone is wrong!!

This is a common approach to cross tier trades but not one everyone employs as there are multiple ways of comparing the goods. I was referring to the fact that there is no advantage as to whether you have marble, steel or planks as a boost for example. All of them will be needed and in enough quantity that you can constantly get trades for those or any good.

DeletedUser7370

General things when starting.
1. Do something only when you have a quest to do it. The quest rewards add up much faster than your regular production at the beginning of the game.
2. Do not scout farther than you need to.
3. Do not use goods to buy knowledge points as that is highly inefficient; conversely go ahead and use coins to buy KP when you have too many coins.
4. When these rules start to conflict find your own course. Some quests can be skipped and will come back again later.

DeletedUser4993

As always everyone is so helpful in the forum. :) As usual TedGrau I did everyone of what you say wrong at times. LOL I wish we could decline those pesky quests for culture. I have built up my workshops too high but excess supplies are something else to buy extra KP and they cost nothing to produce except for space. Mykan as usual you seem to know everything. I can't say enough how much you have help me in this game. Not to mention ur tactful too. Something else I could learn from you because I am not always that way.

DeletedUser1094

So I played about a year ago, dumped around $20 but had to take around 2months off and ignore games due to school and work.

Found out a bit back that my world got deleted, so I stopped playing.

Well, now is when I'm in the mood to play the game again, and I'm curious if anyone has tips or tricks to use before I start, and I have a few questions

1. Are there some resources more valued that others?

2. Can you choose your boosted resources?(I think if I remember, you get 3 resources you get to boost for free, or they're boosted and produce more than others)

3. If not, is there a way to get boosts for productions? I mention this because Ideally I want to produce only 3(crystal, silk, and steel, but I hear you should focus on one, and I chose those 3 because of how cool they look being fully maxed.

4. Just to verify the above, my boosts as of right now because they're my starting ones, are dust, silk, plank. Am I stuck with these? Because again, I ideally want crystal silk and steel, or just one of them, as the game really is all about how you want your place to look.

5. Does it matter what world I choose? I'm choosing sanya, as it seems like it's the newest world.

6. Anything else you'd add?

Choose between who you are Credit card player = coiner or a free player = no credit card. A coiner gets all the goodies builds up fast gets all the cool looking buildings etc.. While a free player has to take the balance of time and game play into account you have lots of time on your hands like i do then be free player its safer. If you have little time on your hands between work or school or other then be a coiner.