• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New players and elite buildings

Iamaita

I use 1-2 expiring military bldgs per week, usually and I get my 1600 pts.
As for Spire, I cater only and complete every week.....
ohh yeah, just CH3 , and no Phoenixes or Bears ......

What is a detriment to new players is the fact that most bldgs are just so nerf'd @ low levels...
This applies to both evolving bldgs and reg ones.....

Example..... a CH 15 person gets coins/tools/goods/troops and a CH2 person gets coins/tools.
I don't care if the CH2 gets 10 measly goods and 1 troop, all players should get some of everything
a bldg gives away, that way upper players still get the adv, but low players still get something.
I think this is supposed to be incentive to level your special buildings as you increase your own level. This encourages participation in the tournaments because you need tournament rewards in order to level them. This is a big reason why I would really like to have a brown bear and a fire Phoenix - so that I can have a better chance of actually earning some of those high level tournament rewards. No one in my fellowship has either item. We are all chapter 5 or below. There are 9 of us that regularly contribute to tournaments, and we are able to get the fourth chest. But it’s very costly. Do we need the special items? No. I suppose we don’t need hot water either. But it sure is nice to have when you want to take a shower. I don’t live my life as an ascetic, and I don’t want to play the game that way either. I would happily take any little luxury items that made playing easier, more comfortable and more efficient.

BrinDarby

Keep an eye out in MA for brown bear, even @ 1/2 strength, you trade MoonBear 2:1 for BrownBear
in your MA... I think 5-6 BB evolves can be won in the Zodiac event.... make sure to convert them
during the event cause thats prolly only avail during the current event, if thats what ur doing.

Deleted User - 1178646

I recently quit another game after playing for a few months because I got to the point where I realized that every other player in the ladder had one character I didn't have. That character was WAY overpowered, and I had zero chance to advance without her. That event that rewarded that character was not scheduled for at least six months. News flash, it is NOT fun to lose every battle for six months and continue to pay money to do so. So I deleted the game and moved on. I was spending about $50/month on purchases playing that game, they lost my revenue. A few other players in my guild quit before me for the same reason (I wish I had understand their complaints sooner than I did, it would have saved me some money and frustration), and I'm guessing one of them was spending twice as much as I was.

My point is that game was severely penalizing new players. Is that really a good business model? What does that have to do with Elvenar?? Easy, the Fire Phoenix.

I started playing in early 2018, and had a very young city for the Phoenix event. I was able to get a stage 7 Fire Phoenix. It wasn't until later in the year until I realize just how dominant of a building it is. Luckily I was able to get 3 more artifacts in this years event. I can definitely say I would have quit this game awhile ago if I knew other people had that advantage and I did not. I've read a statement released by the devs that universal artifacts would "not be fair to older players" which is total non sense. Elvenar is not really a PvP competitive game, the idea of not making artifacts available for new players to obtain this critical building (or even Brown Bear) is absolutely insane. I'm not saying it should be "easy", but it shouldn't be a once-a-year 2-for-1 trade-in either. You are driving new players away. We had a fellowship member lose interest in the game once they realized they could not do the spire without Fire Phoenix. Very very poor game design. Do you really expect new players to stick around watching their fellowship members be able to get to the top of the spire while they expend all their resources to maybe make it halfway???

This isn't an issue that is personally affecting me, but I feel the need to say something based on this exact experience with other games and on behalf of new/young elvenar players and players that join in the future. You are doing them dirty.

Some of these buildings have already returned including current event and they might return again in the future.

Also fire phoenix ain't as dominant as you might think, it's pretty good and tournament scores indeed rose when it was introduced.
But another introduction was crafting, and incrafting you can build combat buildings who are just as powerfull.

The phoenix needs petfood, those combat buildings need replenishment, but last a lot longer, both have there upps and downs.
Brown bear is only an issue in large quantities which unfortuantly was a mayor mistake that is hard to rectify, I still hope at some point they will add more combat animals in the future. as pet food will be the ultimate limiting factor.
so solutions are possible.

As of ranking competition with other players? that part was destroyed when they invented the tournaments.
as long as certain players keep playing you will never surpass them as you cannot overcome there ranking points gained from the tournaments.

For example myself, as long as I can make ~500 ranking points in the tournament a week, you still need to get first for at least 400 weeks (almost 8 years) to aquire the same ranking score from tournaments.

One of the few things they do for new players is every now and then they open new worlds, new worlds mean new opportunities for people like yourself. everyone starts fresh, no special buildings, no legacy scores, just a new point zero. everything you learned in the first world you can then apply in the new world.
I see the last world (harandar) has been opened about 1 year ago, that would have been your fresh start for new players you seek.
and who knows they might open one again this year. as new worlds create a awesome source of revenue from competitive new players like yourself.

Iyapo1

I am in chapter 3, I have 6 or 8 provinces of each type open. My max tournament score is a bit over 2k. With a fully evolved fire phoenix and a fully evolved brown bear my max score would still be a little over 2k. Getting that 2k would be easier if I had those building but I still could not outscore a chapter 4 player(with a similar playstyle) with or without the buildings.

Last edited:

Iamaita

I am currently crafting a fire Phoenix. It just showed up as an option in the MA, and I’m so excited I was awake even later than normal to see it. If I had kept my normal schedule I would have missed it entirely. Maybe that’s the trick... these elusive items only show up when you are normally offline.

Now the question is can I level it? How much is it going to cost me to fully evolve my new pet?

NightshadeCS

Do you have any old Phoenix Artifacts? If not, you will have to wait until spring and see if the event comes around again and if you can get the old artifacts...

Or if Inno decides to implement a universal artifact, which I have seen absolutely no indication that they will.

Qybyrn

I am currently crafting a fire Phoenix. It just showed up as an option in the MA, and I’m so excited I was awake even later than normal to see it. If I had kept my normal schedule I would have missed it entirely. Maybe that’s the trick... these elusive items only show up when you are normally offline.

Now the question is can I level it? How much is it going to cost me to fully evolve my new pet?
you can't evolve it, that is the entire point of my post here. It is not fair to new players like yourself. Regardless of what other people post here, it is a WAY overpowered building that puts you at an extreme disadvantage. Once you realize just how big of a disadvantage, i'd give it a 50% chance you quit this game.

Iamaita

you can't evolve it, that is the entire point of my post here. It is not fair to new players like yourself. Regardless of what other people post here, it is a WAY overpowered building that puts you at an extreme disadvantage. Once you realize just how big of a disadvantage, i'd give it a 50% chance you quit this game.
Well, I definitely agree that I want it. It would make it a lot easier to do the tournaments, which are currently the most difficult part of the game for me. But I am still progressing through the research tree, climbing to the frog in the spire when I want to, building my city, chatting with the members of my fellowship and thoroughly enjoying the game. If I decide to quit it will likely be because I get too busy in real life to spend time playing and not because I am bitter about not having a pet bird. I don’t see how the fire Phoenix is critical to the game outside the tournaments. The tournaments themselves are a great way to get relics, ancient wonder runes and knowledge, and the items to upgrade special buildings, but they are completely ancillary to the main game. I don’t play this game competitively, so I’m not really concerned with whether or not I am at a disadvantage compared to older players. I understand that some of the difficulties may have been adjusted to account for the advantage it provides, and this may make things harder for players who don’t have it. But I think I would be at a disadvantage compared to more experienced higher chapter players even if I had the fire phoenix. I am new and still learning, and that is more of a disadvantage than any one building. I really want a fire Phoenix, but I don’t think I will quit playing over it. I also anticipate Inno providing some means to obtain and evolve the fire Phoenix or otherwise alter the game to lessen its value long before I run out of chapters to complete. So barring unforeseen life events, I am content to bide my time.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This has some truth from both sides honestly. Ppl/fs got to 10 chest tourney runs long before the fire phoenix was added. And you still can, tho it would take more preparation and work to power your army up. - However, the fire phoenix does make this a lot more easy/earlier to achieve. And to this day its still the #1 reward building iv seen since i started playing. And i do agree it would be demoralizing as a newer player to see everyone with one and not be able to get it yourself.

However the issue would be HOW to get it to new players, or those that missed that first event. First thought would be to hold the same event again. But then inno has the issue of players gaining multiple fire phoenixes, which i assume.. they dont want. (A select few realized they could get multiples in the first event since they were testing out the never ending quests at the time. Since then, they seemed to have shelved that quest idea.)

So it would be nice to have a way to give new players a chance at them but not let those that already have it go crazy. As for how they could do that, im not sure. Im guessing it would be highly difficult to program a quest line for artifacts that only activated on cities with no leveled phoenix. And just giving them away seems counter productive to gaming/programing/designing mentality.- This is also one reason i tend to think of things like this as an 'extra' or 'reward' rather then a entitlement. Helps keep you sane if you believe it. (Dispite the fact that my current planning and stratagy relies completly on my fire phoenix)

So deffenitly an issue. But not one i see an easy solution to.

Iamaita

I can see them doing something similar to what they are doing now with the older bears being available during the autumn zodiac event. I think they need to tweak their formula a bit so that it is possible to choose the older item if you prefer it without spending a ton of money. I think they should set it up so that if you already have the old item, you can’t get another one, but if you don’t then you can choose to have the older one instead of the new one or spend money to acquire both. The current set up with the bears, you either get the new one or half evolve an old one or spend a lot to fully evolve the old one. This has left a lot of people feeling disgruntled. I think they could revise the artifact conversion to one for one and balance player satisfaction with revenue generation. I think a lot of players would pay to have both if the price point was reasonable.
I realize I said “I think” too many times, but I’m leaving it that way to emphasize that this is all just my own humble opinion.

Qybyrn

@Dominionofgod , i think your concerns and considerations are correct, they should think about those things. You are already blocked from crafting a 2nd fire phoenix, so I don't think that is an issue.

As for how to make them available, I would say a universal artifact could be a 20% chance reward in the final chest of the spire. That would be sufficiently difficult to obtain them. A 20% chance x 9 artifacts would be closer to 40 weeks to evolve 1 building, I think that is reasonable. Currently there is a profit portal and moonstone library in the final chest that irritates me to no end when I receive them.... those are insulting to put in the final chest of spire.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
As for how to make them available, I would say a universal artifact could be a 20% chance reward in the final chest of the spire. That would be sufficiently difficult to obtain them. A 20% chance x 9 artifacts would be closer to 40 weeks to evolve 1 building, I think that is reasonable. Currently there is a profit portal and moonstone library in the final chest that irritates me to no end when I receive them.... those are insulting to put in the final chest of spire.
They have already said they will not do a universal artifact. And i honestly dont blame them for that.

As for adding it to the final chest of the spire, its an interesting idea in itself. But as for the OP issue of new/small players missing out on the fire phoenix; its likely to assume that most of them are not making it to the final chest of the spire. So the problem would still exists the same.

Qybyrn

As for adding it to the final chest of the spire, its an interesting idea in itself. But as for the OP issue of new/small players missing out on the fire phoenix; its likely to assume that most of them are not making it to the final chest of the spire. So the problem would still exists the same.

touché