• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Players and Fellowships

Iamaita

I saw this in another thread and wanted to discuss it more...

Personally, I do not like that the game tries to get players into fellowships so quickly. Maybe that should have a minimum requirement of chapter 3 also. Or at least chapter 2. So many other games I have played make you wait for the group play part of the game, whether it is fellowships or guilds or co-ops, etc.
I have been thinking about new players and fellowships for a while, and my idea is actually the opposite of this. I think new players should get placed into an incubator fellowship with experienced players who can show them the ropes and help them by accepting their trades. Being in a good fellowship makes the game more fun. Having active players who will trade with you keeps you from stalling on progress. I think it would help with player retention.

I'm not suggesting that new players should be in a situation where higher chapter players are gifting them goods all the time. It's just that there is so much advice to new players to only build your boosted goods. That does not work if no one will trade with you because you are in a fellowship of inactive or other new players and a slow corner of the map.

There are so many of us that would be willing to help new players learn the game. What if fellowships with members above a certain chapter could opt into the incubator program, and then new players would only see those fellowships when searching?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This game could really use a better match-making system in general, and "leveling guilds" work in all other games that have one.
search fs.png

search fs2.png

Deleted User - 849192770

There are so many of us that would be willing to help new players learn the game.
that is a great idea you should try it making a FS with a group of players in the early stages of the game and help them out