• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New round of Fellowship Adventures

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In the past Iv said nice things... iv said critical things... iv made suggestions... iv even said a few things about stuff that is rly starting to irritate me...
But i think this might be the most terrifying thing of them all...

This Fa feels so relaxing... it feels like a mini vacation...

Iv always done everything of every event, tourney, spire, try to keep up with seasons of dreams, and run the Fa's in my fs. And iv said during the last few events that it is getting out of hand. To much event stuff back to back to back to back. Never a moment of down time for anyone. Its right into the next thing, no break. Just keep cracking that event whip! Its getting more stressful and less fun every round. And im really growing sick of it. (of which i say reluctantly.) Hell, i dont even bother checking the daily prizes in events anymore. I jsut cant muster up enough 'give a damn' to do it in these never ending quest lines...

Fa's have always been regarded as a stressful event by many. (I know, Not all). Having to organize everything, run all the numbers, changing the city around for ws/t1, building the right things, the timing of it all, being on at the right times to use badges.. ect ect ect... This is one of the reasons that so many players and fs simply dont bother doing the FA at all....

With both of those being said... the never ending events have become so irritating and annoying that iv actually round the FA to be like a mini VACATION from the damn never ending events.
The FA is still the same as it has been for a while... its jsut the other side of the equation, events, have become such a massive pita that the 'once stressful FA' now feels like break from it all...
Im still running the fa in my fs. Two cities with a lot of productions. Running the numbers, keeping tally of all badges reported. and all the other joys of the fa... and i actually feel a lot calmer then i have during the last few events. Thats how bad these never ending events have gotten. ... And should be terrifying..

Mrietha

Thanks to the encouragement of the Beta Forum, my Fellowship here is going for Stage 3. And it looks like we'll make it.
I, as AM, thought our next goal would be the Pit. However I've never been to nor seen the Pit.
One of newest players, however, has experience with the Pit from other cities he has. Very nicely he has said that the Pit would be worthless for us. We'd be better off trying to finish more Waystops.
Our Fellowship is a "No Demands" Fellowship. We've had no real interest in ranking points, etc. And probably had never been strong enough for it to make any real difference. With a couple of new cities joining, we are doing much better in all the Fellowship Activities.
This has been the long way around to my questions.
Are there awards with the Pit?
What is the point of the Pit?
And should we try sticking to finishing more Waystops or try the Pit?

Thank You Everyone for all the information you provide and answering my questions.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Mrietha

I agree with @Lelanya you should go into the pit just to see what the fuss is all about in the rotating badge dump. But your player is not wrong, you will get more points staying on the map. You are not missing a wonderful thing that gets you prizes.

Edit: I suggest looking at your rank(at your prize level) and let that decide you. More points stay on the map, don't care try the pit.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Thanks to the encouragement of the Beta Forum, my Fellowship here is going for Stage 3. And it looks like we'll make it.
I, as AM, thought our next goal would be the Pit. However I've never been to nor seen the Pit.
One of newest players, however, has experience with the Pit from other cities he has. Very nicely he has said that the Pit would be worthless for us. We'd be better off trying to finish more Waystops.
Our Fellowship is a "No Demands" Fellowship. We've had no real interest in ranking points, etc. And probably had never been strong enough for it to make any real difference. With a couple of new cities joining, we are doing much better in all the Fellowship Activities.

Thank You Everyone for all the information you provide and answering my questions.
Congrats on doing so well! It’s exciting to get everyone working together and being more active. :D

There are no awards with the Pit, just 50 points for completing each round. The point of the Pit is to give high-performing fellowships something to do so they stick around after they’ve finished the maps on Day 1 or 2 of the event and hopefully spend some money to score higher than other fellowships for bragging rights. If you’ve finished (or will finish) one path on each map, then the only prizes left to get are the very minor ones awarded at the end of the event, based on your final score compared to other fellowships’ final scores. The waypoints on the map do give you more points per badge than you’ll get in the Pit (provided of course that you completely fill in the waypoint before the end of the event), so your player is right that if you’re hoping to increase your score, staying on the map is the better strategy. It really just depends on whether you want to try to increase your score, with the hopeful but not guaranteed result that you’ll get slightly better prizes at the end of the event. :)

Mrietha

Congrats on doing so well! It’s exciting to get everyone working together and being more active. :D

There are no awards with the Pit, just 50 points for completing each round. The point of the Pit is to give high-performing fellowships something to do so they stick around after they’ve finished the maps on Day 1 or 2 of the event and hopefully spend some money to score higher than other fellowships for bragging rights. If you’ve finished (or will finish) one path on each map, then the only prizes left to get are the very minor ones awarded at the end of the event, based on your final score compared to other fellowships’ final scores. The waypoints on the map do give you more points per badge than you’ll get in the Pit (provided of course that you completely fill in the waypoint before the end of the event), so your player is right that if you’re hoping to increase your score, staying on the map is the better strategy. It really just depends on whether you want to try to increase your score, with the hopeful but not guaranteed result that you’ll get slightly better prizes at the end of the event. :)
You mean there are prizes at the end of the Event! ?
( She says facetiously)

Moho

Chef
I'm not a big fan of Fellowhip "Adventures" but I'm happy with the current rewards. First of all, I managed to reach the Silver League last event, which gave me an additional Heart of Asim. I used the tome earned from the FA to get an additional Gift of Ashni, so now my set looks like this:

IMG03.jpg

The two additional buildings cannot yield the entire production but moored cities do not need too many KPs, do they.

In addition, I used the second tome offered as a reward this FA to add a second Forbidden Ruins building to my set. CORRECTION: This tome was in fact obtained as a result of reaching the Silver League at the end of Great Excavation event (and I hope I'm not wrong again - I tend to be distracted because I don't pay much attention to details in this game. I apologize for my confusion.) I had already added a Magic Dragon Tamer on a different occasion, which I did because it seemed to fit better. But now I realize that a second Forbidden Ruins building would be more advantageous. And luckily I had secured a second Secluded Pond during the event, which means the second Forbidden Ruins has enough connections to produce some troops as well. I'm very happy at the end of this FA.

IMG02.jpg

ETA: I've added a correction mentioning the real source of the Forbidden Ruins tome.

Last edited:

Mrietha

Thanks everyone.

Until the last several weeks this is a Fellowship that:
1. Only got 50 Diamonds on the Spire when they had saved up enough points to take them up one level.
2. Were lucky to get 4 chests in the Tournament and that usually required extra points.
3. Finishing Stage 2 of the FA, usually by the last few hours, was a challenge.

I have to give credit to several of our new members. It's awesome!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

Congrats on your improvement.

As for the pit and extra waypoints
All they give you is points to improve your ranking
Unless you are going to be able to get a top spot there are no extra prizes
So, as far as prizes go, in your FS once you finish a path on all three maps you're done
You can keep playing to increase your score just as a point of pride, which is actually no bad thing
Once you are getting the chests on all three maps, it can give a sense of accomplishment to keep getting higher scores each time
As far as your member who said it was better to keep doing waypoints, that is not necessarilly true.
If you have a Waypoint that requires a large number of Blacksmiths, or Statues or something. you could probably get more points by skipping that waypoint and using those badges in the pit

Smooper

I'm not a big fan of Fellowhip "Adventures" but I'm happy with the current rewards. First of all, I managed to reach the Silver League last event, which gave me an additional Heart of Asim. I used the tome earned from the FA to get an additional Gift of Ashni, so now my set looks like this:

View attachment 15249

The two additional buildings cannot yield the entire production but moored cities do not need too many KPs, do they.

In addition, I used the second tome offered as a reward this FA to add a second Forbidden Ruins building to my set. I had already added a Magic Dragon Tamer on a different occasion, which I did because it seemed to fit better. But now I realize that a second Forbidden Ruins building would be more advantageous. And luckily I had secured a second Secluded Pond during the event, which means the second Forbidden Ruins has enough connections to produce some troops as well. I'm very happy at the end of this FA.

View attachment 15250
How did you get a second tome? I only got one and I really want the Forbidden Ruins tome, badly!