• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New round of Fellowship Adventures

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have to admit, I'm not feeling the love right now. A new weekly quest in Seasons of producing 63 loaves of bread, on the eve of an FA where bread is absolutely useless, is not a way I'm going to be wasting 63 workshops. :(

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have to admit, I'm not feeling the love right now. A new weekly quest in Seasons of producing 63 loaves of bread, on the eve of an FA where bread is absolutely useless, is not a way I'm going to be wasting 63 workshops. :(
Ugh, 4 out of my 9 cities on live got inappropriate quests; 2 got Simple Tools, 1 got Bread, and 1 got 3 hour factory productions. None of these were weekly quests, so sadly I had to accommodate them somehow. I can assure you, anything dedicated to that kind of production got reset to 24 hour builds, like 26 hours ago. :rolleyes:

Rp44

I haven't been around the forum as much the last week or so, so I didn't see where the question of six or seven days for this FA was answered. The timer says 6 days, but the announcement that showed up in-game this morning also says this adventure starts Tuesday, Nov 15, so I am not 100% confident of anything at this point. Is six days correct?

Soleil Nightbloom

I haven't been around the forum as much the last week or so, so I didn't see where the question of six or seven days for this FA was answered. The timer says 6 days, but the announcement that showed up in-game this morning also says this adventure starts Tuesday, Nov 15, so I am not 100% confident of anything at this point. Is six days correct?
The FA will be 7 days according to the clock in my city and the iDavis website. https://idavis-elvenar.com/fellowship-adventures.html#info

Rp44

I apologize, my question wasn't clear. The beta FA lasted a full seven days plus six to eight hours. The norm is a full six days and six to eight hours, which is what the current countdown timer is reflecting. That's not actually seven full days, and I think that's part of the confusion in regards to asking and answering.

Since there was no clarification on the beginning and END date of the live FA (EDIT: I didn't realize iDavis had the dates, this is the one thing I don't use his site for, of course! ugh), my fellowships have been semi-planning for both possibilities.

For most fellowships it doesn't really matter. :) But if you are trying to best your own high score and you aren't sure if you'll have six days or seven days to reset and pickup long badges, it makes quite a bit of difference.

Cleo7311

Had to use both my refreshes in one city to get do-able weekly quests - probably slower but I can still finish them before Wednesday.

Rp44

Beta can always be different to Live-Servers.
Yes, and I am very glad for that lately! That's also why I mentioned that we've been planning for both possibilities. Anything can change last-minute.

Beta being a glitchfest lately doesn't really bother me in the grand scheme of things because it's beta (though most of my beta FS would strongly disagree with that sentiment), but apparently it *has* made me more paranoid about glitches in general. I doubt I would have given the duration difference more than a passing thought of disappointment for the time I spent on a seven-day plan if we hadn't also received an in-game announcement for the FA before last. I realize now that I didn't log in after the normal announcement time last night so the erroneous announcement probably didn't just pop up this morning. I vaguely wish I hadn't said anything at all, but it's out there now. :)

Rp44

As far as weekly seasons quests go, I love to see the workshop ones during the FA. The weekly quests do not have to be completed in a week, they stack up. So once the FA is over, before you tear your shantytown down, set it all for bread (or whatever) and you'll be done lickity -split. :)

The daily quests are another story. :/ But oh well, I still just do the ones I can.

Huor

I think if the next fa's prizes are not the most fabulous object in the world. I'm going to take a 7 day nap.

Theodora

Yes, and I am very glad for that lately! That's also why I mentioned that we've been planning for both possibilities. Anything can change last-minute.

Beta being a glitchfest lately doesn't really bother me in the grand scheme of things because it's beta (though most of my beta FS would strongly disagree with that sentiment), but apparently it *has* made me more paranoid about glitches in general. I doubt I would have given the duration difference more than a passing thought of disappointment for the time I spent on a seven-day plan if we hadn't also received an in-game announcement for the FA before last. I realize now that I didn't log in after the normal announcement time last night so the erroneous announcement probably didn't just pop up this morning. I vaguely wish I hadn't said anything at all, but it's out there now. :)
The erroneous did indeed pop-up after the start of the FA and the response I got from support was they announced it in the forums so they didn't need the in-game one before the start due to everyone reading the forums.

hvariidh gwendrot

they should scale ghost badges in spire .. getting the same credit for passing frog as first floor first fight or negotiate seems unbalanced, or round 1 in tournaments gtting same credit as round 6 also seems unbalanced wont ever happen but if anyone wants to run with the idea go for it :cool:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If it is a weekly quest, it will still be active after the FA ends. Just use your workshops to do FA stuff until it is over. Then you could use your FA setup to quickly know out the Season quest before you reset your town.