• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

Iyapo1

We won't mention spell fragments. ;)
Why not? We are talking about spell fragments.

You craft thousands every day. Having that ability, you now ask that people who dont craft thousands everyday be denied access to spell fragments as a prize in the spire. Because you have to many? Does that seem resonable?

Edit: Not criticizing your choices, just really jealous.

Last edited:

Sprite1313

I like the changes in the Spire prizes, for the most part. I started playing last August, so I missed all previous Phoenix events, and am excited for the chance to get artifacts so I can finally have a fire phoenix (I haven’t bothered to craft one, since I wasn’t sure that an unevolved FP would be worth the space). I also like rotating out the moonstone library. Like others have said, the small buildings are great producers of mana. Of course, as a scroll-boosted players, I also hate the moonstone library. I am only in chapter 9, but have struggled trading scrolls pretty much since I unlocked T2 goods. I even had another player in a former fellowship get upset that I was posting scroll trades, because he had more than enough scrolls and did not want or need them (needless to say, I didn’t stay in that FS very long). Luckily, I am in a great FS now, and am able to trade my scrolls. That is partly because I am one of the smallest cities in my FS, and everyone else has so many T2 goods that my trades don’t hurt so much).

Spire difficulty - I have been hitting the top of the spire since my second week in chapter 3, mostly because my FS helped me out with lopsided trades so I could cater early on. Of course, my 10,000 for 80,000 trades barely made a dent for a player with 4,000,000 of the item I was asking for (I found this out because I didn’t want to offer up such unfair trades, but my FS convinced me that the extra points towards gold were well worth it to them). I am now to the point where I fight most of the spire. The extra teleports, CCs and diamonds from gold are worth it to me.

Spell fragments in the spire. I would hate to see those go. They were priceless in earlier chapters, and reduce the need to disenchant event buildings. My need for SF early in the game caused me to disenchant some buildings that I now wish I had back (live and learn). But, perhaps Inno could consider rotating these prizes, as well. Personally, I would love a chance to win troops instants for Merc Camp or Training Grounds troops. We get plenty of Barracks instants in events, but none for the others. They could work something like this on the same six week rotation as the moonstone, or (as others have suggested) remove the SFs from level 2 and/or 3 and replace with something else.

Phoenix artifacts - I agree with the anecdotal accounts of others. Players in my FS who don’t need them are getting them in spades. I have gotten two so far, so my odds of being able to fully evolve a building are slim. That’s just bad luck, though. :)

Portal Profits - I am probably one of the few who doesn’t like those being pulled from cities in chapters 3-5. I loved going in to chapter 6 with portal profits in hand. It let me hit the ground running on guest races.

Deleted User - 1178646

It makes sense to me to leave the spell fragments on the 1st level where the younger players are most likely to play and take them off of the 2nd and 3rd levels. I could live with that. Sure, I'll still get them on the first level, but if I knew the 2nd and 3rd levels would be fragment free it would be something to aim for. I'm betting a lot of people would aim for higher levels if they knew the prizes were worth their time and energy.

It truly isn't an issue of how many are sitting in my inventory. I could care less. It's like scrolls. There are so many scrolls being traded and I take those trades when I can. It leaves me with an excess of scrolls. But they aren't burning any holes in my pocket. There's no penalty for having an abundance. So who cares? The thing I do care about is not getting the prizes I want/need, like time instants, because I get an over abundance of spell fragments. If the devs fix that I will be happy. I just want a better chance at something decent for a change.
If you have the fiduction that they will remove / lower the stuff you need and get back the stuff you want then you'll be in for a shocker.
That has never happen and will never happen.

What will happen is that they lower the spell fragments to a point you are screaming and crying you want them back and then add something you find even more useless.

Thats how it always has been done, and thats how they will keep doing it.
So don't asked for things you do not want.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Spire difficulty - I have been hitting the top of the spire since my second week in chapter 3, mostly because my FS helped me out with lopsided trades so I could cater early on. Of course, my 10,000 for 80,000 trades barely made a dent for a player with 4,000,000 of the item I was asking for (I found this out because I didn’t want to offer up such unfair trades, but my FS convinced me that the extra points towards gold were well worth it to them). I am now to the point where I fight most of the spire.
I'm curious: How long did it take for you to become self-sufficient while still reaching the top of the spire weekly?

Yogi Dave

I like the changes in the Spire prizes, for the most part. I started playing last August, so I missed all previous Phoenix events, and am excited for the chance to get artifacts so I can finally have a fire phoenix
Very glad for you. I have the bird and love it. Most powerful piece building for fighting.
Spire difficulty - I have been hitting the top of the spire since my second week in chapter 3, mostly because my FS helped me
Nice FS, as they should be.
Spell fragments in the spire. I would hate to see those go. They were priceless in earlier chapters,
Agree. It's not always about us top players. It's nice to get more and more top players.
Phoenix artifacts - I agree with the anecdotal accounts of others. Players in my FS who don’t need them are getting them in spades. I have gotten two so far, so my odds of being able to fully evolve a building are slim. That’s just bad luck, though. :)
In beta in the 6 weeks I got 6 of them which took my bird from 4 to 10. I missed one week and part of another, so you could get there. Besides, when not fully evolved, you will love it. (As I'm sure you already know.)
Portal Profits - I am probably one of the few who doesn’t like those being pulled from cities in chapters 3-5.
I was disappointed when they removed them. Players moving into the guest race chapters will like to have gotten a supply saved. I don't think getting them causes people to quit the game before they get to those chapters.

Over all, you post is excellent.

Nectar of the Gods

Why not? We are talking about spell fragments.

No. At that point I was talking about the other things the Moonstone Library gives and I made an aside about not even mentioning spell fragments. It was a bit of a joke. :)

You craft thousands every day. Having that ability, you now ask that people who dont craft thousands everyday be denied access to spell fragments as a prize in the spire. Because you have to many? Does that seem resonable?

Edit: Not criticizing your choices, just really jealous.
Ummmm, I don't craft thousands a day in most of my cities. I admit I have a city where I have 6 sets for the other things the Moonstone Library set gives--CCs, pop, culture, and supplies, goods, etc.. Luckily in that city I don't have the same problems with bad luck that I do in the one city where almost every chest in the Spire gives me spell fragments. I'm getting thousands of spell fragments a day when I play the Spire--from the Spire. And that means I'm not getting other prizes that I really need, like time instants and CCs. That's what's annoying. Otherwise I wouldn't care. In the city with the 6 sets I have 415,000 spell fragments. But it doesn't matter because when I go into the Spire I still get CCs and time instants. It isn't just spell fragments.

There are lots of things in this game that people get too much of. It doesn't bother me to have an overabundance of scrolls or relics or over a million of some other good or mana or whatever. It's just numbers on the screen. What bothers me is being blocked from getting a prize I need by something that is overabundant. I understand that your reality may vary.

Lyapo, I haven't said here that I would like the devs to remove every spell fragment from every chest in the Spire. I have tried to be quite clear that I think having the spell fragments on the Gateway level makes sense, so those that need them have a chance to win them. All I have suggested is not having the fragments on the next two levels. I routinely finish the second level of the Spire and often the third level. I would like better prizes on those two levels, something other than spell fragments. Or even making the percentage chance much lower on those levels would help. That would be a simple programming fix.

As far as your jealousy, if you don't have a Moonstone Library yet, hopefully the devs will cycle them back in and you can win one. They are great, imo, and you would have another source of spell fragments. I don't know what size your city is but I'm guessing it is smaller. As your city grows so will your stockpile of spell fragments if you play the Spire through its levels every week. Soon someone may be jealous of you. ;)

Good luck with your city.

Nectar of the Gods

If you have the fiduction that they will remove / lower the stuff you need and get back the stuff you want then you'll be in for a shocker.
That has never happen and will never happen.

What will happen is that they lower the spell fragments to a point you are screaming and crying you want them back and then add something you find even more useless.

Thats how it always has been done, and thats how they will keep doing it.
So don't asked for things you do not want.
Oh, every once in a while Inno doesn't mess things up but actually improves them. Like the badge quest giver in the FA which allows multiple badge types to be collected and the little checkbox on workshops so a person can have all the workshops produce one build type simultaneously. Those are just two examples of how Inno has made the game better. I remember Elvenar without a Spire and I think it is better for the addition. Yes, they do stupid things sometimes. But not everything they do is wrong. And you know what? If people just kept quiet and never gave their opinion about anything then the devs wouldn't know there was something the players wanted or didn't like.

Remember, "never" is a very long time.

(Of course I doubt a general discussion on it is going into the right ears, but that's another matter. ;) )

Deleted User - 1178646

Oh, every once in a while Inno doesn't mess things up but actually improves them. Like the badge quest giver in the FA which allows multiple badge types to be collected and the little checkbox on workshops so a person can have all the workshops produce one build type simultaneously. Those are just two examples of how Inno has made the game better. I remember Elvenar without a Spire and I think it is better for the addition. Yes, they do stupid things sometimes. But not everything they do is wrong. And you know what? If people just kept quiet and never gave their opinion about anything then the devs wouldn't know there was something the players wanted or didn't like.

Remember, "never" is a very long time.

(Of course I doubt a general discussion on it is going into the right ears, but that's another matter. ;) )

those changes were made on there own accord, not because people asked for it.

Ummmm, I don't craft thousands a day in most of my cities. I admit I have a city where I have 6 sets for the other things the Moonstone Library set gives--CCs, pop, culture, and supplies, goods, etc.. Luckily in that city I don't have the same problems with bad luck that I do in the one city where almost every chest in the Spire gives me spell fragments. I'm getting thousands of spell fragments a day when I play the Spire--from the Spire. And that means I'm not getting other prizes that I really need, like time instants and CCs. That's what's annoying. Otherwise I wouldn't care. In the city with the 6 sets I have 415,000 spell fragments. But it doesn't matter because when I go into the Spire I still get CCs and time instants. It isn't just spell fragments.

Lyapo, I haven't said here that I would like the devs to remove every spell fragment from every chest in the Spire. I have tried to be quite clear that I think having the spell fragments on the Gateway level makes sense, so those that need them have a chance to win them. All I have suggested is not having the fragments on the next two levels. I routinely finish the second level of the Spire and often the third level. I would like better prizes on those two levels, something other than spell fragments. Or even making the percentage chance much lower on those levels would help. That would be a simple programming fix.

Good luck with your city.
Thousands a day? lets get real numbers and see how not true that is.

Level 1:
1st chest 500 x 60% = 300
2nd chest 1000 x 40% = 400
3rd chest 1250 x 20% = 250
4th: none
5th chest 500 x 60% = 300
6th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
7th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
8th: none
9th chest 500 x 60% = 300
10th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
11th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
12th: none
13th chest 500 x 60% = 300
14th chest 1000 x 40% = 400
15th chest 1250 x 20% = 250
16th: none
------------------------------------
total: 3800 spell fragments.

There are 3 levels which all have the same layout as the first level excelt the 16th chest that has none anyway.
3 x 3800 = 11400

None of the random chest have spell fragments in them

There are 7 days n a week
11400/7 = 1628 spellfragments a day

I have made a compilation of recipes that might be interesting, I also added some I do not care about but others might.
1612194525739.png

There are 4 pools of recipes a day, how many of these recipes can you combine to stay under 1628 fragments a day? and how bad does your recipe pool need to be the stay under it.

there are only 4 recipes in this list that stay under the 4 times x < 1628
only 4 recipes!!!

So lets stop the stupid claims that the spire gives to much spell fragments.
Those with an overabundance of spell fragments either craft way less that they could, or get there spell fragments from the moonstone set, or dont have / cannot sustain a level 5 academy so that combined with the catalist from the spire they cannot produce enough of them to keep crafting.

but a budget of 1628 spell fragments a day is not overkill and it's not thousands.

edit:
A moonstone set in a little nasty optimised configurations lets say:
2 libraries, 4 endless scrolls 1 moonstone gate 2 mana plant, 2 gum tree awards you with 1200 spell fragments a day and 2 CC.
Thats an extra 73% added to your budget.
2CC allows you to spend ~300-400 aditionals spell fragments so with this set you would get 800-900 extra spellfragments you cannnot spend.
Thats 292.000 - 328.500 "useless" spell fragments a year for which you have no use.

Imagine of you have even more than the above which plenty people have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veesviewpoint

OK, I'm going to do/say something very risky...since I haven't read these post over the past 3 to 4 days....soooo...be kind...if possible....
NOT happy at all on the artifacts/ratios at all!!!

Will not even remark how stupid I have been to continue to "push" the Spire with "goods"...much less anything else...only to get those pitiful "blue" chest with no value...and so on...meanwhile depleting my goods and military for :eek:ne more round"...surely my luck will get better....mind Bs.....What???? The worst play for pay EVER in my book...wanted to do this to help my fellowship in Tourney events....what a blow out....how many more before the "reins are loosed"???
Sorry, not sorry...very sad event to turn out nothing but more $$$. Enough already!!!!

Please, as a courtesy, those of you who I look towards....please be kind in this situation...yes...numbers...%'s and ratios work for many...but this started out looking like more of a quid pro quo....kinda gig??? no ???? to expensive!!!!!!!

StormShark55

Funny, every time something is introduced as new or improved it seems that it is is improved for the game, not the player. New or improved is a code word for, you are going to get less of what you need so you will have to spend more money. All these kind of games are the same, get as many hooked as you can, slowly bleed them dry of money and when the game collapses due to low players, make a new game and start the process all over again.

Veesviewpoint

...that's just it, love the "puzzle" part of it myself...but the latest incentive for artifacts...complete the whole thing (3 levels)...0 to 1 artifact...?
Too expensive and no fun to pursue. sigh

TalimSwift

Here's how you run spire

1- Save all the goods you can save this week for those impossible fights with 3 waves of 5 different units, Later chapters will need to save tons of mana and seed and orcs on top, just in case, cuz that one encounter will deplete your whole stash
2- Put dwarven armorer in city
3- craft pet food to feed phoenix
4- use time boosts to recruit more troops

Run spire, win some orbs or fragments to craft more pet food, win some time boosts to run the spire in one day before phoenix effect runs out, use remainder of timers to recruit the troops you lost, win another dwarven armorer so you can do spire the week after.
Friday afternoon, collect 50, 125 or 250 diamonds depending on how active or lazy you and your fellowship are.

Sunday: re-read this and do it all over again!

Oh but wait... you're a new player, and you're trying to build up the phoenix, so in fact you cant feed it, so you cant fight, so you cant win the artifacts to make your phoenix better.... what a crock. You need to go and beg your FS for lopsided trades for a full 6 weeks so you can do the whole thing... Damn who thought of this, it's brilliant!

neeronie

And bravo to all the scroll boosted players who have hung in depsite their boost becoming unnecessary and unwanted :)
And bravo to all the scroll boosted players who have hung in depsite their boost becoming unnecessary and unwanted :)
One of my characters has scrolls and dust, double whammy there, teleported, all magic dust buildings and left only one scrolls building producing. I'm not sure what is going to happen when I get to Chapter 12.

jesikrey

Too bad they've benched the moonstone library, it helps a ton with catalyst, standard and sentient goods. When you reach the chapters where mana and seeds are needed it makes a HUGE difference. I will value my moonstone library sets and its components even more now. The bird is a waste of space to be honest, even if you fight a lot, which I do. What else do they do anyway? Sorry for my ignorance but the space is not worth having the birds.
Spire is expensive, too many goods and waaaay too many troops. I do not even attempt to finish it any more. I s not worth getting mostly spell fragments for the many diamonds, troops or goods that I have spent.
Portal profits are in the magic academy so Spire in not a necessity as much.

Khal Dine

How about removing SPELL FRAGMENTS completely from the rewards in the spire... the amount of fragments gained is absolutely absurd. This resource is being heavily pushed without any meaningful mechanic to offset the ridiculous amount gained, while at the same time limiting (severely) any desired and valuable reward that could actually be of use and beneficial.

SoggyShorts

The bird is a waste of space to be honest, even if you fight a lot, which I do. What else do they do anyway? Sorry for my ignorance but the space is not worth having the birds.
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong on this. The fire phoenix is arguably the most powerful building in the game.
It gives more benefit than 5 level 30 wonders combined.

SoggyShorts

How about removing SPELL FRAGMENTS completely from the rewards in the spire... the amount of fragments gained is absolutely absurd.
As @CrazyWizard showed in another thread, the spell fragments gained from completing the entire spire are about 1680 per day on average which is not even enough to craft a single recipe every rotation.
Excess spell fragments only exist because you either don't craft much at all or you have moonstone sets.