• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New to Game - Just started

Zartuim

Just started out..
Research is everything up to (not including) Armory and Trader.

Buildings = 14 Residence (11 @ lvl 2), 9 Workshops (lvl 1), 2 Planks (lvl 1), 2 Marble (lvl 1), 2 steel (lvl 1) and 1 Barracks (Lvl 2), Main Hall (lvl 2)

No Idea what I am doing.. but.. gotta learn sometime.

I am sitting on quest Research Trader..

I completed the First Ring (or whatever it is called) and 1 stage of 2nd .. Scouting is listed as hard for next ring.

My ranking points is listed at 39.5k.. seems to be going down (?).. /shrug..

Not sure what else there is to tell...

Anyway.. looking for a home.. May need to wait until tomorrow to join.

If there is no place to join.. some tips on what to do next would be welcome.

Thank for your time.

AtaguS

Welcome! You seem to be off to a good start :)
Your ranking points will fluctuate slighty as players around you add buildings or take them away.
The trader will be a game changer. Once you research that you can enter the market and start trading your goods.
It may take a little time to find the right fellowship but don't give up the search. Being in a fellowship will vastly help you grow and you will find answers to a lot of your questions as well.

Of course, the forum is an excellent place to ask anything too.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Welcome to the game and the forums! I'm not on Winyandor, so no help to you there, just wanted to welcome you and address some of your questions.
seems to be going down (?).. /shrug..
The number becoming smaller is good when you look at your rank! After all, the highest ranking player on the world is ranked #1 ;) So, if rank is your goal, a smaller number is better, lol! I do remember my face-palm moment when I finally wrapped my brain around this idea, lol!
You should be able to find a home, but one of the things that may hinder you is not having a trader yet. While we have accepted a player that early in the game (and it turned out to be one of the better decisions we ever made over 3 years ago!), having a trader means you will be able to access your non-boosted goods by trading your boosted goods for them in the trader. Your goal should be to eliminate all factories except your boosted goods and that will be much easier to do once you can access the trader. As you sell off the non-boosted factories, you'll get back the population and culture they're taking up as well as the space and you can use all that to build more boosted factories. In the just completed column of research techs one of them was for a 'production boost'. The type listed there (marble, steel or planks) is your boosted good.
Here's a link to a player maintained site that you may find helpful. I'm dropping you in at 'Getting Started'. Poke around a bit over there, there's a wealth of info but it is organized in sections (rectangular bars on the top left) so you can start with the basics and work your way up:
Elvenar Gems of Knowledge

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Do be careful to not "over-scout." This occurs fairly often in new players as they realize that by scouting more provinces they get to expand their city. Unfortunately, the more you scout in any chapter the more expensive it gets until, as I found out, all of the provinces say, "very hard," and are exactly that. Sometimes so hard you can't afford to fight them and you don't have the goods to cater them. My rule of thumb is never scout anything above "medium." That, for me,seems to keep me at the optimum number of provinces at the cheapest long term cost.

AJ

BrinDarby

Don't let the game force your MainHall upgrades, resist as long as possible.....
They eat up valuable population, you can skip the few tasks that require that.
As long as you are not red-lining tools/coins, you don't need the storage space yet.

The game opens up @ CH3, when the spire becomes available, by then you''ll
prolly be in a FS. Welcome in, but I'm still a green horn too of sorts....

neeronie

Just started out..
Research is everything up to (not including) Armory and Trader.

Buildings = 14 Residence (11 @ lvl 2), 9 Workshops (lvl 1), 2 Planks (lvl 1), 2 Marble (lvl 1), 2 steel (lvl 1) and 1 Barracks (Lvl 2), Main Hall (lvl 2)

No Idea what I am doing.. but.. gotta learn sometime.

I am sitting on quest Research Trader..

I completed the First Ring (or whatever it is called) and 1 stage of 2nd .. Scouting is listed as hard for next ring.

My ranking points is listed at 39.5k.. seems to be going down (?).. /shrug..

Not sure what else there is to tell...

Anyway.. looking for a home.. May need to wait until tomorrow to join.

If there is no place to join.. some tips on what to do next would be welcome.

Thank for your time.
I see you found a home, all good, have fun.