• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NEW website Elvenstats!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hopefully, the "update frequently" flag will include updating the snapshot of my city for import, since the snapshot I imported was a bit old.
You should be able to force an update by going to your FS page, scrolling down to your name and hitting the refresh on the far right side.
notabug.png

DeletedUser13002

You need to click on your fellowship's name at the top of the screen to open up the report, then to the first list with everyone's name. Find yours, scroll to the right, then manually refresh your information. Doing so will update everything, and import a completely current map of your city.

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't see Soggy's reply there.

DeletedUser16361

Hey Everyone,

The creator of ElvenStats here. I've been heads down fixing bugs and replying to contact requests. Thanks Soggy for keeping everyone up to date here!

In addition to my replies below... I'd recommend if you have issues:
- Use Chrome (this is what I'm developing and testing it in constantly)
- At the moment, you need a decent sized monitor or usability issues (like not seeing refresh buttons) will incur. I will be improving this soon and acknowledge that a site should be 100% dead simple and obvious to use on a 13" monitor which it currently isn't. Rule of thumb if the bar charts are overlapping on the fellowship page - you're not seeing everything.
- I've been keeping the NEWS section on the homepage fairly up to date. There are numerous bug fixes and enhancements no specifically mentioned below.
- TIP for editing the collections per day / boost percentages... You can use your keyboard up and down arrows and it'll increment the value.. It's easier and faster IMHO.

Replies to comments here:

I do see a glitch. It says I have 127 expansions but I have 132 (11x12) I can't think of why there is a difference of 5

FIXED: Originally it wasn't taking into account that you have 5 expansions when you start. 127 is technically the number of "unlocked areas". I'm now adding 5 to it to make it 132.

The site is great. Sadly, it has my boosts wrong, and thus reports me as a very low producer of tier 1 goods.

FIXED: We changed the algorithm to use your city location instead now.

Just figured that out. Everyone's first action should be to refresh everyone's information on their fellowship page (especially their own). Once that's done, the city will import accurately.

This was great advice a few days ago but should be no longer needed. :)

The site was working perfectly for me earlier, but now when I click on "Me" or "My Fellowship" I get results that look like this and the url is pointing to player/null/null or fellowship/null/null

That would occur if you tried to click the Me and My Fellowship buttons and you weren't logged in. I'm not sure how you managed to do that. (there is supposed to be a dialog that comes up instead forcing you to pick your username... ) but could have been a bug. What browser.

Is there anyway to make corrections to it? It is still showing players that are no longer members & I think in Grimm, it is showing a player whose city no longer exists (deleted). It also shows that we have 27 members in Grimm. LOL

FIXED: Inactive members were quiet an issue since the refresh button would fail on them. I improved things so they can be removed with an ADD/REMOVE member button.

To be fair, this is already in the FAQ documentation, it just isn't fully implemented as described yet.

You were correct about this. It didn't actually take the level of buildings into account as I thought it did when I wrote that FAQ. But, it doesn't matter anymore thanks to the new Boost Detection Algorithm based on world map instead of counting manufactories.

there a way to correct the mislabeled boosts? It has already made corrections to the member list.

FIXED (described above)

I have a FS member who is trying to log in but it keeps shifting him to another world he no longer plays in. Is there anything he can do to keep it on his current world?

Please have them submit a ticket at the contact request or use Chrome. It kinda sounds to me like they logged in on one of the worlds... then they go to their new fellowship using the Fellowship search box (which just lets you view a new fellowship)... and then they're clicking the "My Fellowship button which is bringing them back to the world they logged in on. Either Change your user (by clicking the avatar) or jump to your fellowship using the Fellowship link.

Maybe a little more than "just" the beta tester?

It's hard to find something that SoggyShorts does that you couldn't say he's a little more than "just".... He's a little more than a forum contributor... He's a little more than a good elvenar player... He's a little more then "just' a guy who craps his pants... SoggyShorts is a great friend to have in your corner. I'm very grateful. I'd love it if he was "more" than a beta tester... I'm trying to get him to do lots more :)

In case there is any doubt, SoggyShorts is more than welcome to talk on my behalf about ElvenStats.

The page doesn't load for me at all. I've left and tried again within the hour and still no go.

I know you have since gotten it to work... but I'm curious as to what changed? I didn't really change anything... so wondering if it was an old browser that caused the issue?

How do we SAVE corrected information (once corrected) and what does MH% mean? I have about 5 members of one fellowship who is showing MH 0%?

FIXED: There are now two ways to save (one is a little dialog that comes up on the bottom) The other is a SAVE CHANGES button at the bottom of the table. RE: MH 0% I fixed a bug where MH % wasn't properly detected on users that have a MH that you can't currently contribute to (such as a level 25 / A completed wonder that has yet to be upgraded or perhaps even the rune levels)...

It is telling me to click refresh next to each player to update accurate results. I do not see a Refresh button next to each player. Where is this located? TIA

As others have pointed out it's on the far right of the goods table. This is a usability issue i'm hoping to address this week. If you have a smaller monitor you don't see it and it's really not obvious that there are other columns to scroll to the right for. Fortunately, you probably will not have to do this thanks to the automatic importing features i've added. (see quote below)

On the page where it list all FS members the "refresh" is on the far right. You have to do each member separately, it'd be easier if you just refreshed everybody at once.
But I quibble, it is a great site.

Quibble ACCEPTED.... Quibble completed. The site now does EXACTLY that. Everything should be as simple as possible and not one bit simpler is what I'm striving for. :)

It appears the site may be calculating the Mt Halls as if it were multiplicative with the entire boost, treating a Mt Halls with say 52% as though it were 700 * 1.52 = 1064% rather than the 752% that it is.

I'm not going to go on record saying that the math is bug free... (yet)... But, I do know that if there is a bug with it... it's at least being applied uniformly to all members. So, the relative amounts between the goods reported will still be accurate. I can confirm for sure that it's adding the boost percents from MH not multiplying though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16361

@elvenstats Will you be adding T4 goods at some stage?

I'm not sure what to do about T4. What were you thinking?
I actually have the data... I even have a flag to detect once users have placed their advanced trader...

I think the data is interesting from a watching how sentient good availability has changed (like per server breakdowns and such)... but not sure if provides too much utility on the FS page. Like are fellowships really making recruiting decisions on balancing their sentient goods right now?

I'm really curious what you had in mind. It's been something i've personally gone back and forth on multiple times.

DeletedUser13002

Hey Everyone,

The creator of ElvenStats here. I've been heads down fixing bugs and replying to contact requests. Thanks Soggy for keeping everyone up to date here![/QUOTE]

Pleased to see you here, pleased to see so many things getting fixed, and (again) THRILLED that you've taken the time and effort to put together such a useful site. Cheers!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure what to do about T4. What were you thinking?

Honestly I haven't thought too hard about it. You are right it is unlikely recruitment is based on it, at least not for several more chapters. Plus a balanced T1 should mean a balanced T4. I suppose having a sense of who in the fellowship is producing T4 and possible quantities is about all you can do. It is just informational rather than any type of recruiting.

DeletedUser16361

Thanks @Mykan i'm with ya. I like information. :)
The sentient icons look pretty sweet also... but i'm real low on horizontal space... need a decent monitor as it is and think for now it might just clutter things up to much. Any other thoughts?

Here's some fun stats for today:

This is the number of members on each server and their respective sentinent boost. All players counted have placed the advanced trader.

DE1 is crushing it with the most players in elementals.

Code:
server steel planks marble total
br1    18    15     11     44  
br2    6     5      2      13  
cz1    102   98     98     298
cz2    26    21     30     77  
de1    245   251    227    723
de2    138   147    133    418
de3    108   104    102    314
dk1    25    18     24     67  
en1    98    105    115    318
en2    79    78     73     230
es1    69    84     76     229
fr1    129   144    122    395
fr2    97    93     103    293
fr3    91    77     83     251
hu1    140   119    127    386
it1    102   108    94     304
nl1    129   122    136    387
no1    18    17     22     57  
pl1    110   95     91     296
pt1    35    29     30     94  
ru1    100   96     106    302
ru2    81    86     73     240
se1    19    33     37     89  
sk1    21    9      19     49  
us1    103   99     94     296
us2    69    74     85     228
us3    57    68     54     179
us4    40    51     40     131
us5    28    34     35     97  
us6          2      3      5  
us7    2                   2  
zz1    103   93     111    307

I wish I save the stats from early on... it was very unbalanced at the beginning but probility has since caught up with us and most servers are pretty balanced. Would suck to be one of the 2 guys in us7 there are only 2 that have made it that far and they're both steel.. haha

Laochra

I am really, really liking this website! I was just checking the stats for my fellowships this morning & I noticed in the nice stat sheet that you have made for us to share, in one of my fellowships, under New Personal Records, it lists a player stating they had their most points in a week/Highest Tournament Score/
Highest Tournament Rank.....but I know that this player has been away from the game due to RL circumstances. Is this a bug, or sarcasm? :oops::p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am really, really liking this website! I was just checking the stats for my fellowships this morning & I noticed in the nice stat sheet that you have made for us to share, in one of my fellowships, under New Personal Records, it lists a player stating they had their most points in a week/Highest Tournament Score/
Highest Tournament Rank.....but I know that this player has been away from the game due to RL circumstances. Is this a bug, or sarcasm? :oops::p
Did you note that the block that has the personal records in it is updated Sunday evening? So what you see at the moment is Last week's results

Last edited:

DeletedUser16385

Thank you for showing me this, I've already used it and the city planner to remodel my city for Superior Residences :)

DeletedUser16361

Gonna chalk this one up to being a bug :p
I'll look into it later today.

Did you note that the block that has the personal records in it is updated Sunday evening? So what you see at the moment is Last week's results

Thanks for pointing that out for everyone Ashrem! This weeks report has already be done. I'm trying to do it at midnight CST (cause that's morning in Europe) but sometimes I'm not always available at midnight on a Saturday so i gave myself some leeway.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm trying to do it at midnight CST (cause that's morning in Europe) but sometimes I'm not always available at midnight on a Saturday so i gave myself some leeway.
For the features request list? Include last update time/date in (or near) the block?

DeletedUser16361

@Ashrem - I'd suggest just seeing if a new report exists for this week. It automatically loads the newest one. If it still has last weeks report, it's safe to assume the snapshots haven't run yet.

2018-03-25_13-38-52.png

DeletedUser16361

Thank you for that very polite and restrained way of not pointing out I'm an idiot.
Ha! I didn't think that. I actually think like a cool
NEW
Badge would be a good idea... having to remember what the actual day of the month it currently is a pain.

DeletedUser16361

SITE UPDATE

The big focus of development for the last couple weeks has been on rearchitecting ElvenStats for localization in other languages. It was a big endeavor and today we launched the first batch of translations making the site now available in 11 Languages! It was incredible how fast the community got the translations done. We began sharing the instructions only three days ago!

There are a still several kinks to work out. It's been a good learning experience for us - English apparently is quiet different in terms of sentence structure than most other languages. Madame King, my high school French teacher would be so disappointed. :) We'll get them addressed soon! We're still missing Polish, Portuguese (BR & PT variants), and have some additional work on lots. You can see the status and contribute here.

We're now going to shift focus back to adding some new features such as improved tournament ranking lists, adding fellowship tournament score history, match making.

March 27, 2018
  1. 24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    24.png
    Translations are making their debut! It's been remarkable how quickly the community has stepped up! Still more to be done see here to contribute.
  2. Added a badge to players that have helped with translations or made a donation.
  3. Big thanks to heitz, gamafey, heroe, krak93, Друиды, fanusa, petrence, ladiesmen, ap25, lappen, and Tordhrano
  4. Fixed issue where cities with Phoenix Cult buildings population/culture stats were incorrect
March 25, 2018
  1. This weeks weekly reports are up!
  2. ACTIVE crowdsourcing of language translation is underway! Still have: Italian (50%), Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, Greek, and a few others. See here to help
  3. French, German, Russian have been translated fully (will appear here in a few days)!
  4. Fixed issue in weekly reports related to personal records were displayed for inactive members
  5. NEW Server: gr1
March 22, 2018
  1. Re-engineering the site to support translations this weekend. Looking for volunteers for: Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian. If interested, please contact me.
  2. Fixed bug where new users weren't being added on refresh
  3. Fixed boosts on a few servers.
  4. Added City Coverage Table to Fellowships/Player Pages
March 21, 2018
  1. Improvements to Fellowship Member sync button, it now also refreshes users scores and roles.
  2. Supplies and Coin tables apply culture boost
March 20, 2018
  1. Improved tables for better display at lower resolutions.
  2. Iconified Tables on Fellowship/Player pages.
  3. Bug Fix: Culture Boost displayed 0 on Player Pages
March 19, 2018
  1. Elven Architect links display date of city snapshot / Ability to refresh user on player page.
  2. Greatly improved the speed of tournaments page.