• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NEW website Elvenstats!

kctanzen

Screenshot_28.png

Still having a negative pop show up in report when it's positive due to last event building.

It may be figuring in the upcoming changes already - just a guess though!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Was just thinking if its possible to have some additional information for fellowships and tournaments, like an average tournament score ranking.

The reason for the suggestion, if your looking for a strong tournament fellowship you need to either follow the fellowship for weeks, or check out multiple fellowships from a week's tournaments but a number of fellowships do push weeks or something else so have erratic performances. Having a quick way to identify consistent tournament performing fellowships might be useful. Assuming it is possible ;)

Laochra

News
"May 22, 2018

1. Improvements to Recruit/Find Fellowship functionality: Links fixed on Recruit, boost indicators work on both"
Where do you find this option?

StarLoad

One note about the "recruiting" link is that when it displays the results it shows members that are already in a fellowship. In my most recent tests 90+% were in a fellowship. I realize that the number of available player not in a fellowship and that are active should be sortable option if not a default one.

Ed

DeletedUser6375

My opinion about the "Recruiting" tool is that :

1. I need to be able to set the boost(s) i'm looking for. right now it's recommending something other than i need. I have an inactive person, who is marble/crystal/gems but my overall Fellowship recommendation is that i'm low on Steel/Silk, so it's showing me primarily steel players and silk, when the person i need to replace is marble (was our biggest producer).

2. let me choose the point spread. Since i can't set the minimum or maximum scores, it's showing me basically all the top players on the server in Fellowships that are in higher rank Fellowships than our own and unless they're planning on slumming, i don't think the're interested in downgrading. IF YOU ARE, PLEASE MESSAGE ME PRONTO LOL :)

3. Let me flag players who already denied me. That way i can get other names in the list.

4. As a wish list item.. i'd like to be able to search (or at least sort) by their Tourny Average score. :)

DeletedUser3507

Warning if you was to do that on my world you would end up with a list of player in #1, #2, and #9 FS and no we would prefer not to have to °Down Grade*.......And of course @SoggyShorts alliance DERP #26...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1. I need to be able to set the boost(s) i'm looking for..........I have an inactive person,
I think this is best solved by removing the inactive player. Otherwise you could change their productions per day to 1 which should help.
perday.png

2. let me choose the point spread.
I like this idea. When I tried using the recruiting tool, looking for players who do their part in the tournament (1600+ points) and it gives me mostly 300K+ players in the top fellowships. I would rather have a 50K player in chapter 4 who does his share instead of a 300K player in chapter 12 who only gets 600-1000 points.
3. Let me flag players who already denied me. That way i can get other names in the list
I like this too.
4. As a wish list item.. i'd like to be able to search (or at least sort) by their Tourny Average score. :)
you already can sort your list multiple ways by clicking on the tabs at the top
avgchest.png

Largely the problem lies not with the recruitment tool, but with the players. Many(most?) are unwilling to leave friends they have made for a FS that better suits them. Of course that is fine, but it does limit the effectiveness of recruiting.

DeletedUser6375

This will come across as "not important" to some.. but i have been working hard to increase our fellowship ranking, and to drop one of our top players really does hurt our rankings and believe it or not, does make us less appealing to new prospects. I'd rather not drop them until i have a replacement. As for the dropping them to 1-a-day, I like Risen's solution to allow it to be able to set to zero instead of 1 simply because the person in question, by setting them to 1-a day is still more then some of our marble producers.

Also, that #of chests is a useless stat. It has nothing to do (or might) with the player. It's the fellowships last 4 average # of chests. That doesn't give me their Individual tourny participation performance.

Risen Malchiah

Also, that #of chests is a useless stat. It has nothing to do (or might) with the player. It's the fellowships last 4 average # of chests. That doesn't give me their Individual tourny participation performance.
When you look at the fellowship's tournament history, you can click on any of those weeks to see a breakdown of who participated and by how much. I find that and the average tournament score incredibly useful (and actually used this information to find my current fellowship).

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I find that and the average tournament score incredibly useful (and actually used this information to find my current fellowship).

I just wish there was a ladder or something similar for the fellowships tournament average. It would make it easier to find a fellowship who is more consistent in performance then looking for weeks at the ones doing well.

DeletedUser6375

When you look at the fellowship's tournament history, you can click on any of those weeks to see a breakdown of who participated and by how much. I find that and the average tournament score incredibly useful (and actually used this information to find my current fellowship).

I should state that it's a useless stat on that particular page (recruiting page), because you're looking at individuals, not fellowships.

DeletedUser6375

I just wish there was a ladder or something similar for the fellowships tournament average. It would make it easier to find a fellowship who is more consistent in performance then looking for weeks at the ones doing well.

I'm pretty sure when he came out with the average tourny stat, there was only 4 weeks worth of data to use.. but now that some time has passed, maybe there could be a better range. I suggested a 9 week average, since that would cycle through all the tournament types. Maybe in the future it can be adjustable.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You're reading that wrong. It is individual performance. It's what that player would have gotten in a FS of 24 other players with the same points.
You can check this by looking at a player and then looking at their FS, they will have different numbers (unless the player is perfectly average for their FS)

For example if I got 1601 points every tournament, I would show up as 10 chests, even if my FS never got more than 5

DeletedUser6375

You're reading that wrong. It is individual performance. It's what that player would have gotten in a FS of 24 other players with the same points.
You can check this by looking at a player and then looking at their FS, they will have different numbers (unless the player is perfectly average for their FS)

For example if I got 1601 points every tournament, I would show up as 10 chests, even if my FS never got more than 5

Ok, you're right. Still seems like more work to compute that than to just have the tourny average score. But that's good to know. I think averaging 4 tournies isn't the greatest though.. if you look up (jerzeewill + gratz on a great planks tourny) you can see he's basically a under 1k most of the time, but he had a huge 6894 tourny recently, and it really skews his average :p maybe that's not a big deal, but the point of an overview page is to quickly get a feel for a candidate.. and that field isn't really giving me the correct information for what i'm looking for.