• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie looking for advice on keeping the correct number of provinces

DeletedUser28818

Hi! I’m new to the game and been reading a bit on the forum. I was wondering what’s the minimum amount of residences and workshops that are needed to keep me from over scouting provinces to enlarge my city? I’m a couple of days away from getting the magic academy as long has I let the books refresh themselves instead fighting for them.

For some reason my ipad decided I should have another city, I have both an elven and human city at the same point.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Welcome to the game and the forums!
This is different for different players. There's lots of things to consider (like how often you collect resources, plus lots of other stuff). Here's a good reference that talks about lots of those things and makes ballpark recommendations for folks at different progression levels in the game:
Gems: City Balance - Buildings
On the left side of the screen will be a column of rectangular buttons. This particular section is under the 'Basic Strategy' category. It may be helpful to go to some of the other sections of that category. There's a wealth of info for just about everything Elvenar related on that site; poke around while you're there!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The best way to make sure you do not overdo your completed provinces is to go to the research tab and scroll the screen to the right until you get to the start of the next chapter. It will list there how many you have to complete to unlock that chapter. If you stay close to this, you will be good. I have a city that is now in chapter 12 and I have only just started to complete extra provinces for extra expansions there. The space has stayed tight up to that point, but it can be done, with or without getting lucky in the events and winning buildings that give extra population and culture.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, you want to find a fellowship that can trade you the non-boosted goods that you need and only build your boosted factories for each tier of goods. You won't need any of the other factories until you get to chapter 12, so do not worry about them now.