• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie Needs Advice

DeletedUser19723

Desperately seeking answers to questions that are making me lose sleep. Well, maybe it's not quite that bad. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser19723

Now that I've been playing for 17 days, the questions are piling up. I've tried forum and wiki searches, even google searches. Either I'm asking wrong or nobody else has the same questions? So...I'm using this thread to ask questions that hopefully some of you are willing to help me with.

1. Will I be a "newbie" until I run out of things I can't answer?
2. Why do so many players have more than one city?
3. If I had more than one city would I be able to do anything between them or are they separate entities?
4. If you sell a culture item, do you lose the culture points that came with it even if it was purchased with diamonds?
5. Is there a number of treasure chests per day you get when visiting neighbors? I always get 2 or 3 regardless of how many visits.

DeletedUser2768

1. Depends on your mindset. I've been playing for 2 years and still feel like a newbie.
2. We get bored/are crazy. The definition changes depending on how many cities you have. ;)
3. If you have two cities in the same realm, you could trade between them as long as you were neighbors on the map, or in the same fellowship. If they're in different realms, they are separate entities.
4. Yes.
5. Maximum of 3

DeletedUser19723

1. Depends on your mindset. I've been playing for 2 years and still feel like a newbie.
2. We get bored/are crazy. The definition changes depending on how many cities you have. ;)
3. If you have two cities in the same realm, you could trade between them as long as you were neighbors on the map, or in the same fellowship. If they're in different realms, they are separate entities.
4. Yes.
5. Maximum of 3

Thanks RosehawkATA.
Regarding:
#4 - That's a bummer. Guess that's why someone on the forum said not to spend diamonds on culture, especially in the early stages of the game.
#3 - Well, I didn't pick my realm when I started the game. I just chose elves. The game chose the realm - Sinya Arda. Maybe I could have and didn't know that? Newbie failure? Could I actually pick the same realm to start a second city? Not that I'm exactly ready to do that yet. Too many things I still don't understand about gameplay. I browse the forum and read things that might as well be a foreign language given how much I understand what they are saying.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
  1. The game is always throwing new things at us, from events to chapters. Once you reach the guest races there will be new challenges each chapter.
  2. Part of it is history. Originally there was not as much to do in the game so a lot of people created more towns for something to do between waiting. But there are many other reasons
    • Try the 2 different races
    • Different strategies
    • try out beta world or another world not on the same server
    • play with friends
    • Start in a new world when it begins and everyone is starting new
  3. Yes if they are on the same world but you need to be careful what you do. The rules specifically state push towns are not allowed, where one town helps the other town.

DeletedUser2768

Thanks RosehawkATA.
Regarding:
#4 - That's a bummer. Guess that's why someone on the forum said not to spend diamonds on culture, especially in the early stages of the game.
#3 - Well, I didn't pick my realm when I started the game. I just chose elves. The game chose the realm - Sinya Arda. Maybe I could have and didn't know that? Newbie failure? Could I actually pick the same realm to start a second city? Not that I'm exactly ready to do that yet. Too many things I still don't understand about gameplay. I browse the forum and read things that might as well be a foreign language given how much I understand what they are saying.

Re #4: yep. That's exactly why. Save your diamonds for builders, magic academy (I don't), and something else that is a little more permanent.

Re #3: Are you mostly on mobile? I hear that mobile picks a realm for you. You can start a second, or tenth, city in Sinya Arda. You would need a different email account for each one. And, like Mykan said, you'd have to be very careful about how you played the other cities. As for the foreign language aspect, it WILL become clearer as you progress through the game.

Example - AW and AWKPs. I'm lost.

AW: Ancient Wonder
KP: Knowledge Points. These are used for research. You spend them in your research tree, your built ancient wonders to upgrade them, and can also donate them to any AW in your world. Yes, even to players that you haven't discovered and/or aren't in your fellowship (FS).

DeletedUser19723

1. Part of it is history. Originally there was not as much to do in the game so a lot of people created more towns for something to do between waiting. But there are many other reasons
    • Try the 2 different races
    • Different strategies
    • try out beta world or another world not on the same server
    • play with friends
    • Start in a new world when it begins and everyone is starting new
  2. Yes if they are on the same world but you need to be careful what you do. The rules specifically state push towns are not allowed, where one town helps the other town.

Re: 1. I read about the beta. I figured it was for experienced players only since its purpose was to find bugs, etc. New world? So Inno puts out new worlds every so often? Did it start as one and keep adding? I wonder where my world is, chronologically? Is the order listed anywhere in the forum?

Re: 2. So that's what push means. Now I'm trying to think of games I've played where push was acceptable and done all the time. Can't think of any. Hmmm......

DeletedUser19723

Re #4: yep. That's exactly why. Save your diamonds for builders, magic academy (I don't), and something else that is a little more permanent.

Re #3: Are you mostly on mobile? I hear that mobile picks a realm for you. You can start a second, or tenth, city in Sinya Arda. You would need a different email account for each one. And, like Mykan said, you'd have to be very careful about how you played the other cities. As for the foreign language aspect, it WILL become clearer as you progress through the game.

AW: Ancient Wonder
KP: Knowledge Points. These are used for research. You spend them in your research tree, your built ancient wonders to upgrade them, and can also donate them to any AW in your world. Yes, even to players that you haven't discovered and/or aren't in your fellowship (FS).

Well that explains it! I started the game on my iPad. I checked out the PC version and realized I was missing a lot of of the PC interface when on the mobile version, so switched to my PC. Now I only use the iPad if I am not home and want to check in on my city. I haven't been playing that long but I'm already attached to it. :)

I don't have an Ancient Wonder yet. Secret Ancient Wonders is next on my knowledge tree after Advanced Main Hall, which I'm working on now. I tried reading about it, but I think I need to actually have it and start clicking to really get how it works.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Beta is for anyone who wants to be there and help report bugs if they find some. Bugs aren't always in the last chapter and events that get tested need people in all chapters.

There are numerous servers, most of which are based on language. For English speaking people there is beta, international and US (this server). Thenon each server there can be multiple worlds. 7 worlds for US server, 3 for international. I think sinya arda is US6 from memory.

I can only assume it started with 1 US server but I haven't played for that long. It did start with one international server (at some point) and expand to 3.

DeletedUser19723

Wow! I can't believe you two actually remember this stuff. I'm impressed.

Are all 7 US still available to start a new city? Do you think there are stats somewhere that show things like - How many players in each world? Total number of players? Of cities? Graph of length of time playing/percent of players at that point? I know - crazy questions, but I've always been fascinated by details and numbers. I wonder if Inno keeps those stats and..... if they share them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've always been fascinated by details and numbers
Check out this site:
www.elvenstats.com
It compiles information on cities and fellowships. They report what anyone could see about your city if they visited you and sussed out the details about your buildings. It also has a link you can use that uploads your city into
www.elvenarchitect.com
where you can play around with moving/replacing/building things in your city by using the City Planner. You can use the planner without going through ElvenStats, but you'd have to build your city from scratch. Much easier since ElvenStats came along!

DeletedUser2768

Wow! I can't believe you two actually remember this stuff. I'm impressed.

Are all 7 US still available to start a new city? Do you think there are stats somewhere that show things like - How many players in each world? Total number of players? Of cities? Graph of length of time playing/percent of players at that point? I know - crazy questions, but I've always been fascinated by details and numbers. I wonder if Inno keeps those stats and..... if they share them.

I cheated and looked at the log in screen (https://us0.elvenar.com/web/glps). I have a general idea of the cities, and if I try I can spell them the right way, but that's about it. I know Elcy is US5, Aren is US1, and Ceravyn is US7 only because those are the worlds I play in.

samidodamage answered the rest of your questions. :)

DeletedUser19723

Here's a question that will unfortunately tell how new I am to this game - -

When I visit my neighbors do I see their cities as they really are at that point in time? If yes, then it is easy to tell who is not playing anymore and who is not actively developing their city. If factories are animating, is it because they really are producing when I visit?

Would LOVE an answer to this.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is based on when they last logged in. That is why you might see a buildings that takes 1 min to upgrade in perpetual upgrade mode. Or why you can't help a main hall (unless on the mobile device).

Same thing for yourself, all buildings whose timer is finished upgrade when you log in.

DeletedUser19723

It is based on when they last logged in. That is why you might see a buildings that takes 1 min to upgrade in perpetual upgrade mode. Or why you can't help a main hall (unless on the mobile device).

Same thing for yourself, all buildings whose timer is finished upgrade when you log in.

Thanks so much, Mykan. So it's true - small cities that never change, day after day, after day are probably those of players who tried the game and decided it wasn't for them. I'll still visit them because I haven't expanded very far on the world map. I can visit all my neighbors in one go. When I have many more neighbors, I probably need to visit those who return visit, I'm assuming.
Because I'm still in the early stages of the game, I have to admit that it's fun to visit neighbors with awesome cities. I look all around and hope to reach their level some day.

DeletedUser19723

I'm not sure this will work but I'm going to try to post a screen shot that I have questions about. I need to gain 3 more steel relics for a mandatory quest. I've done all the steel provinces I have. I clicked to scout the nearest steel province I haven't done. I got the message in the screen shot. Does this mean I would not be able to do this province? I'm guessing I couldn't win any fights, but could I negotiate? I feel like I don't know something I'm supposed to. Thanks for any help.
ElvenarMsg.jpg
Of course, this quest came up right after the steel tournament ended. Figures!