• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

newbie or not?

Aritra

I just joined the forum two days ago and I've posted a few times.
I have referenced myself as a newbie, mostly to acknowledge that I don't know a lot.
It occurred to me that if I've been playing six months and am in chapter six, am I actually a newbie?
Probably not, lol. What do you think?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We in my fs generally say "newbie"for anyone before chapter 5 and/or less than 10,000 pts. Others may have different standards. Given that, if your pt total is less than 10k you may be a newbie, but at chapter 6 you are either not or very close to not being a newbie. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Einstein knew nothing about music, architecture, economics, basketball, pop culture, the Library of Congress, and so on. In fact, there were more things that he didn't know than he did. But he gave what he did know and that's what counted. Do the same and welcome to the forum. We may end up calling you Einstein. You never know.

AJ

DeletedUser26692

I used to send messages to "new players" when they joined our fellowship, filled with info about elvengems and elven architect and how if they had any questions they should not hesitate to ask me (I may not know everything but I read every scrap of information about this game I can find). Anyway.... more often than not that "new player" would respond with..… This is just a new alt account I actually have a city in the last chapter,lol.

Aritra

I used to send messages to "new players" when they joined our fellowship, filled with info about elvengems and elven architect and how if they had any questions they should not hesitate to ask me (I may not know everything but I read every scrap of information about this game I can find). Anyway.... more often than not that "new player" would respond with..… This is just a new alt account I actually have a city in the last chapter,lol.
That's very nice of you, though. Me, I was building six months before I even set up my forum account. :rolleyes: lol

Aritra

We in my fs generally say "newbie"for anyone before chapter 5 and/or less than 10,000 pts. Others may have different standards. Given that, if your pt total is less than 10k you may be a newbie, but at chapter 6 you are either not or very close to not being a newbie. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Einstein knew nothing about music, architecture, economics, basketball, pop culture, the Library of Congress, and so on. In fact, there were more things that he didn't know than he did. But he gave what he did know and that's what counted. Do the same and welcome to the forum. We may end up calling you Einstein. You never know.

AJ
My score at the moment is 25,393.
I'm in chapter six: I have my dwarves portal and granite mines.
Allllmooost got my copper mine, but not quite there. ;)

shimmerfly

Hey @Aritra and Welcome. Nope no newbie anymore IMO. Of course there are no set rules to peoples opinions thank goodness!
It took me a while to join in but I lurked for a few months myself.
ANyway Glad to meet ya!