• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie Province Help Needed!!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
1600706512400.png

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Then please educate me as to what causes all unscouted provinces that are shown as Hard to change to Medium and all that are shown as Medium to change to Easy when I complete a Squad Size Upgrade Tech? I am of course using this as an example
And yes I realize that the provinces can only go to Very Easy and nothing lower.

In terms of mechanic of making things easier you are correct. But as Ashrem said it isn't guarenteed that they will drop a level. The difficulty markers are not a true difficulty but an indicator. They are using a comparison of squad size ratios (possibly some other minor things) and have made a decision of what ratio range will get what difficulty. So it is possible to have medium provinces that are just shy of hard and get a scout tech and still be medium but be closer to the easier border.

You can see this effect as well when scouting new SS techs if your difficulty is close to the border of 2 difficulty levels. Your increase squad size will shift your ratio and drop you a level even though the fight composition is exactly the same as it was before.

StarLoad

OK thanks Ashrem, that makes sense as I am just getting to the larger rings, so my and most others below me would see that the completion of an SSU would appear to "cause" the shift lower in the difficulty.