• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie question - why can't i place an offer?

Jmouse99

Figured it out. I was just doing something stupid. Another Newbie question: why are all the fighting encounters so difficult? The enemy squad sizes are at least 3 times bigger than mine. No way I can win them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Figured it out. I was just doing something stupid. Another Newbie question: why are all the fighting encounters so difficult? The enemy squad sizes are at least 3 times bigger than mine. No way I can win them.
Squad size increase techs will help being outnumbered. Look for these in the tech tree. Also, enemy size is set by the scouting cost of a map province. The first technology of every new chapter is Advanced Scouts. This will reduce the cost of scouting by 25%, which in turn will reduce the size of the enemy armies. Depending on how many provinces you currently have open and how many provinces you need to advance to your next chapter, it might be best to pause scouting until you advance to your next chapter. Please note that the difficulty is set when the province is scouted. So the next Advanced Scouts tech will not help the provinces that are already open. But it will make future provinces you scout easier.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
why are all the fighting encounters so difficult?
You might find some useful info in this discussion in the Battle Help section of the forum:
Very hard provinces
The first 5 or so threads in that forum section:
Battle Help
are discussions about this situation and ways to get past it. It's rough in the early chapters, you don't have all the troop types yet, you have to unlock squad size upgrade techs to get your squads where they're able to handle enemy squad sizes, the further away a province is from your city the higher the enemy squad sizes and the higher the negotiating costs; lots of things go into it.
In the beginning, it can feel like you *have* to keep scouting/completing provinces to get more space, more kp, etc, but it's a trap, lol! Try to look at this as a marathon, not a sprint. Slow and steady progress is best here.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I often think Inno should have a tutorial for beginners to advise them against overscouting. If you only have orange or red provinces, then you've gone further than you should have. (Not your fault ... I did exactly the same! How are we to know?) As Sami says, this is a marathon. It takes a long time to learn all the things you need to know, but you're smart ... coming to the forum is the best place to learn strategy and world building. I hope you stick around. I learned so much here, and am still learning. :)