• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie Questions Potpourri

Lemon Wren

Hi. Been playing a couple of months now, I'm in Chapter 3 and I think I have more questions now than I did when I started when my only intention was to build a fun city. In no particular order:

Fellowship Adventures. I'm in my first one now and I feel like it just appeared without warning. Are they on some set schedule? Are they always pretty much the same? (Three paths with each one demanding various tributes like altars, etc.) I feel like next time I need to do a better job of starting some laborious manufactures asap so stuff is ready when one of the tribute points demands it. For this time I happened to have extra empty squares as I about to do a complete overhaul of my town so I threw up some level one workshops to churn out beverages, but it was definitely just serendipity that allowed this to happen. Next time I'll probably try and coordinate with guildmates, but at this point I don't know enough to know what to ask for.

Speaking of coordinating with guildmates - Band. My other game is Elder Scrolls Online and I'm on Band with guildmates there. Makes communication easier and a lot more evergreen. Is that a thing with this game by any chance?

The Spire. I'm on my third appearance of this and while I think I at least understand it, I've only gotten a bit of the way into level one? My forces aren't nearly sufficient to take on the military in the spire so I've been using negotiations. Would it be better to stay out of the spire until I have more resources (military and goods) saved up from skipped weeks so that I can get farther into it? Right now I'm just dabbling and then waiting until it rolls around again.

The Elven Carnival. Again, this just kinda appeared for me without warning and I haven't been able to find a schedule of events for 2021. How often do special events come around?

Troops and fighting. Not really into fighting (I use auto fight when the odds generally favor me), but I have two armories (level 5 and level 8), level 4 Cerberus, a level 8 barracks and an Orc Strategy thing. Fighting seems really difficult except for the weekly tournaments, so I upgraded things a bit BUT after the last upgrade I found the tournament fighting got harder, so now I'm dragging my feet on any more upgrades. I've read that it's just harder in the earlier chapters and I definitely overextended my province reach but by the end of this chapter the provinces should be ok so my question is: Should I keep upgrading my armories, barracks, etc.? Or is there some sort of level adjusting thing going on and the more I upgrade the more game compensates accordingly?

If one wants to engage with events and FA, what magic academy items would be good to focus on compared to others?

Sorry this is so lengthy - any insights appreciated!

Iyapo1

You are going to get a lot of replies. From specific to general with opinion tossed in ;) so hold on!
Fellowship Adventures. I'm in my first one now and I feel like it just appeared without warning. Are they on some set schedule?
They are not on a set schedule. Usually we get a 48 hour warning. Inno refuses to be specifically pinned down to anything less vague than....summer, winter, autumn, soon, etc.

However, they follow a pattern. FAs usually start a week or so after an event. And events start a week or so after the FA.

The Spire.
My best advice is go to youtube and search "minmax gamer spire" a whole bunch of vids will come up, watch the two vids on chapter 4, first floor. There is a fighting one and a diplomacy one. In chapter 3 both will help.

Troops and fighting.
I cater, so I will leave this for experts.

magic academy
In my opinion you should focus on opening the mystical object(the gold chest) in the Magic Academy. You have a chance of winning 500 diamonds in every other object. You can then use those to upgrade the MA, purchase premium expansions or upgrade the builder's hut.

The fighters will tell you to craft military buildings. I recommend boosted relics, CC relics and lava codexes. But since the point is the diamonds in the Mystical Object I also recommend that you craft anything you might find useful whenever you can.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hi Lemon Wren
Yes there is a schedule, it goes like this:
3 week event
Small break
Fellowship Adventure
Rinse and repeat.
Sometimes the event they want isn't ready for some reason, so we may get a small event and a Challenge instead.

There are Announcements for events in the section at the very top of the Forum. There are in game notices like pop-ups, so at least glance at them, and there are also notices under the horn, near the fellowship shield, in your own city.

Besides that, read the "News from Beta" thread to stay informed of what is going on there, because it typically runs 1 to 2 weeks ahead of the live servers.

Lemon Wren

You are going to get a lot of replies. From specific to general with opinion tossed in ;) so hold on!

They are not on a set schedule. Usually we get a 48 hour warning. Inno refuses to be specifically pinned down to anything less vague than....summer, winter, autumn, soon, etc.

However, they follow a pattern. FAs usually start a week or so after an event. And events start a week or so after the FA.

My best advice is go to youtube and search "minmax gamer spire" a whole bunch of vids will come up, watch the two vids on chapter 4, first floor. There is a fighting one and a diplomacy one. In chapter 3 both will help.

I cater, so I will leave this for experts.

In my opinion you should focus on opening the mystical object(the gold chest) in the Magic Academy. You have a chance of winning 500 diamonds in every other object. You can then use those to upgrade the MA, purchase premium expansions or upgrade the builder's hut.

The fighters will tell you to craft military buildings. I recommend boosted relics, CC relics and lava codexes. But since the point is the diamonds in the Mystical Object I also recommend that you craft anything you might find useful whenever you can.

Ok, thanks!

Also, I clearly don't understand the Magic Academy. I don't think I've ever seen a mystical object in it? Or maybe this is user error on my part? And what do you mean, "boosted relics?" Also, what are CC relics? Lava Codexes I've seen folks post about, but I haven't seen one appear yet in my particular gaming. Oh! And I've made some Pet Food, since it's shown up as an option to craft in my MA, but I'm assuming this is for fighting so I guess I should stop making them since I always auto fight?

Thanks again!

Lemon Wren

Hi Lemon Wren
Yes there is a schedule, it goes like this:
3 week event
Small break
Fellowship Adventure
Rinse and repeat.
Sometimes the event they want isn't ready for some reason, so we may get a small event and a Challenge instead.

There are Announcements for events in the section at the very top of the Forum. There are in game notices like pop-ups, so at least glance at them, and there are also notices under the horn, near the fellowship shield, in your own city.

Besides that, read the "News from Beta" thread to stay informed of what is going on there, because it typically runs 1 to 2 weeks ahead of the live servers.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I'll try to pay more attention to the notices, which I'm usually awful at. I'm bad about paying attention to notices in ESO, too.

Iyapo1

If you click on the main hall and select the relics tab you will see:
20210315_152217.jpg

The top row is your standard boosted goods relics. The 700% is the maximum boost without an ancient wonder. When you make your boosted good the production is boosted by that %. To get it to 700% you need 500 of the relics. So in chapter 3, I recommend crafting your standard boosted relics in the MA whenever you can.

The bottom row is your CC relics, you need those to craft CCs in your Magic Academy. You need CCs to craft other things in your MA so you can earn Vision Vapor and open the mystical object. I am in chapter 7 and I still craft those.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

The Mystical Object is the golden chest in the magic Academy crafting screen.
20210315_152334.jpg

Every time you craft something it gives you Vision Vapors(in this pick if I craft the item, royal restoration, I would get 25 Vision Vapors).
Once you collect 100 vision vapors you will be able to open the chest, every other chest has a chance at winning 500 diamonds in it. If you click on the blue "i" next to the chest it will tell you what you might win when you open it.

NightshadeCS

It is perfectly fine to autofight everything: Spire, Tournaments, and province encounters (as opposed to manual fighting, which can only be done on PC, not mobile). You can minimize your troop losses by becoming good at manual fighting, but I have always found just too time-consuming.

My biggest tip for fighting is to try putting out 5 of the same troop for now, even if it seems like they are not great against some of the enemies. Early on, one tends to have better luck with 5 of the same. Also, your Light Ranged, Heavy Ranged, and Mage units can generally do better than Light or Heavy Melee. There are some exceptions, but this will get you started. I found that the fighting just took time to get a feel for.

Also, the early chapters (up to chapter 9 or 10, even) are where you can cater most effectively, so don't feel bad about paying those bad guys to just go away. : )

Fellowship Adventures are pretty much always the same, with slight variations to the number of badges required thrown in now and again. Sometimes they introduce new badge types, but you will hear about that ahead of time if you creep the News from Beta forum.

Events also fall into a predictable pattern these days. The most important thing to do for those is to look ahead at the prizes (if this doesn't make you feel like cheating) and figure out what buildings will really help your city. You can ask for aid here on that, and if something really awesome is going to be offered, you will hear about it again in the News from Beta forum.

Pet Food. This is used on special pet buildings: Phoenix (spring events) or Bears (fall events). You can craft a few to hang onto, but if you don't have a pet out, then you are probably better off skipping these for something else in these early chapters. Portal Profits will start to come in handy after chapter 5 when guest races appear. Time instants, coin rains, and supply instants are quite useful when you are running short of goods or want to speed up a production or building upgrade.

Lemon Wren

If you click on the main hall and select the relics tab you will see:View attachment 9386
The top row is your standard boosted goods relics. The 700% is the maximum boost without an ancient wonder. When you make your boosted good the production is boosted by that %. To get it to 700% you need 500 of the relics. So in chapter 3, I recommend crafting your standard boosted relics in the MA whenever you can.

The bottom row is your CC relics, you need those to craft CCs in your Magic Academy. You need CCs to craft other things in your MA so you can earn Vision Vapor and open the mystical object. I am in chapter 7 and I still craft those.

Holy Toledo - thank you so much for the clear explanation, with visual aid! I have actually avoided making those, thinking them redundant to what I got elsewhere. :oops: I'll be sure and start making those.

Lemon Wren

The Mystical Object is the golden chest in the magic Academy crafting screen.
View attachment 9387
Every time you craft something it gives you Vision Vapors(in this pick if I craft the item, royal restoration, I would get 25 Vision Vapors).
Once you collect 100 vision vapors you will be able to open the chest, every other chest has a chance at winning 500 diamonds in it. If you click on the blue "i" next to the chest it will tell you what you might win when you open it.

Thank you! So helpful to know. :)

Lemon Wren

It is perfectly fine to autofight everything: Spire, Tournaments, and province encounters (as opposed to manual fighting, which can only be done on PC, not mobile). You can minimize your troop losses by becoming good at manual fighting, but I have always found just too time-consuming.

My biggest tip for fighting is to try putting out 5 of the same troop for now, even if it seems like they are not great against some of the enemies. Early on, one tends to have better luck with 5 of the same. Also, your Light Ranged, Heavy Ranged, and Mage units can generally do better than Light or Heavy Melee. There are some exceptions, but this will get you started. I found that the fighting just took time to get a feel for.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I've been trying to level them equally so this is good to know.

Appreciate it!

Gladiola

Holy Toledo - thank you so much for the clear explanation, with visual aid! I have actually avoided making those, thinking them redundant to what I got elsewhere. :oops: I'll be sure and start making those.

I am also a newbie -- newer than you, still in chapter 2 -- and I have crafted relics when a quest called for them ("gain 5 marble relics") and I didn't have a province of that type open and it wasn't going to be that type of tournament for a while. But I think tournaments are going to be the best way to gain relics over time. There are so many other things to craft with spell fragments and combining catalysts! (I lucked out and got a Grounds of the Orc Strategist, so I have culture plus units I won't be able to make for a long time.)

Is there a thread that talks about the best way to get relics?

Glenfidd

HI,
another newbie here... Still stuck in level 2, and having a hard time to even follow the conversation at this early stage. But hey, I am old and have plenty time, I will catch up sooner or later (I hope)...

So I just finished this event where I had to collect huge amounts of all kinds of stuff for about a week - that seems to be finished, now what? Are there any rewards, or did I fail 100%, or what... the whole thing just disappeared and I feel left behind clueless LOL

/Paeng (Glenfidd on SiyaArda)
Greedfall

Crow Last Elf

It was a Fellowship Adventure, every member of your fellowship who participated received the same rewards. Ask your Archmage or another player what rewards your fs won and see if you can find them in your inventory.