• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Newbie questions -realms, moving?, trading

gernsey

Hello, I just started playing 2 days ago, got a couple questions.

My wife and I signed up the same day both playing elves, she signed up 8 hours after me. I believe she is on a different realm/server or however it works? I don't see a way to message her, actually i don't see a way to see what server i am on either? Can we eventually move to be on the same server?

In her starting area the zones surrounding her city are all medium/hard.. in my starting area they where all very easy and easy, i just steamrolled the first batch, meanwhile she took some losses. Is that normal, just random? should just just explore more to find some easy or will they get progressively harder the further she goes out to scout?

Since i've unlocked trading, the trader fees are pretty ridiculous. That's because the other party of the trade is not in range of me, correct? How can i see what trade offers my neighbors have posted? So i can avoid trader fees.

Kekune

Hi there, welcome to the game and the forum. :)

Can we eventually move to be on the same server?
No, you can't move. If you want to play on the same server, one of you will have to start a new city. The first city is assigned to a server at random, but you can control the world you're in for additional cities.

On the log- in screen, you should see the names of all the worlds. The one you're playing in will be green. If you want to start another one, select the world you want and proceed. If you're on mobile, you might need to log out again from the screen where you enter your username - that should back you out to the screen that shows the worlds.
In her starting area the zones surrounding her city are all medium/hard.. in my starting area they where all very easy and easy, i just steamrolled the first batch, meanwhile she took some losses. Is that normal, just random? should just just explore more to find some easy or will they get progressively harder the further she goes out to scout?
They should all start as very easy and will get progressively harder. Has she cleared more provinces than you? They get hard very quickly for a small city. Unlocking a squad size upgrade tech should make them a little easier again, but this will be a tough spot for a while in the game. Eventually, as you grow, they'll stop being hard or very hard but it takes awhile.
Since i've unlocked trading, the trader fees are pretty ridiculous. That's because the other party of the trade is not in range of me, correct? How can i see what trade offers my neighbors have posted? So i can avoid trader fees.
The folks in your trading range are the same ones you can visit on the world map. You have to scout and clear provinces to find new trading partners. When you're small, you won't have many available, so if the cities right around you aren't active traders you won't see much. Try posting what you need. Many bigger cities will try to help smaller cities by taking trades - you'll be in their range, even if they're not in yours. If you don't have good trade help in your neighborhood (or even if you do) consider joining a fellowship. It'll expand your trade network, and many elements of the game are more fun and easier with an active group.

gernsey

@Kekune Thank you for taking the time to awnser my questions, it's appreciated. After i read your post i closed the browser for the first time since i signed up, and boom, server names :). Now we just need to determine if either of us wants to start over or not.

Thanks for the advice on trading, i'll look into a fellowship!

Kekune

You're welcome. :)
Now we just need to determine if either of us wants to start over or not.
It's a long-term game, so losing a couple days of progress won't affect much in the long run. I know it's tough to contemplate now, though. You might also consider having a second city - a lot of folks like to have a human one and an elf one. (A lot of folks have waaay more than two but I'd recommend not doing that yet. It's easy to start a bunch of baby cities but as you grow, they're harder to keep up with. The worlds are littered with abandoned cities which really drags down the overall game experience.)

Lyinaral

I agree with what Kekune said, me I prefer elves better than humans , elves bldgs are smaller , I have elves & a human city. I checked & yall aren't in my world, or would invite you to join my FS as we light helping new people out.

DeletedUser29237

I would recommend if you both want to be on the same server to make the switch very soon. If you windup in a bad location on the map it’s easier to have the trade hurt only for a couple of days. They move cities on Mondays if your in a bad spot they will move you to a better one.

DeletedUser29237

I think it has to do with if your trades are being taken and if your getting visits to your city. Someone in a FS that gets trades taken by their fellow members are probably at the bottom of the list

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
No it has to do with consolidation. The farther you are on the rim the more likely you are to be moved.

Welcome Gernsey and wife :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the advice on trading, i'll look into a fellowship!

This is key. Once you are both on the same world find a fellowship with some advanced players who can help with trades and answer questions.
And don't be afraid to move on if you find yourself in an FS that doesn't suit you. They all vary in personality.
And don't be afraid to ask questions here. Just don't expect everyone to have the right answer for you. ;)