• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I know that many are not enthusiastic about the Owl building, but I'm still curious what it will look like for lower chapters so I can have more context for how disappointed I should be.
In my experience, crap runs downhill. By that I mean: if the high level players are screaming about how bad a building is at their level, it is normally just as bad or even worse at lower levels.

BrinDarby

@Iyapo1 ,

This new format seems less disruptive.

to whom ????
T1 : (1) 24hr = (3) 3hr basically ... for a person who relys on (5-6) 3hr runs per day....
this is very disruptive , cuts production to almost 50% per day..... ( same thing pretty
much happens by eliminating 15min & 1hr workshop production runs..... )

The whole game is set up tp be as anti social as possible, log once a day, play for 1/2 hr, log out.
Just as there is a huge difference between a newer player and a old player... so too is the gap
between ppl that just log once a day, and those who log 5-6 times a day, and play for 8-12+ hrs/day.

My city is set up for 15 min runs for workshops, and 3 hr runs for resources.....
It might be ok if both brewers and blacksmiths were an equal share of the time need'd,
but its not as I showed in my earlier post.

Why not eliminate all the long production runs, and encourage a bit more .... playing the game ??
Every major waypoint should be a chest, because lets face it.... FAs are a HUGE outlay of time,
for very few prizes..... and basically its there to offer 2 artifacts for the last Event, thats it. If you
made it more competative maybee the same 10 FSs wouldn't populate the top 10 ranks...

For what little you can win or even do in a FA, asking players to now cut production by 50%...
just to compete = many many ppl/FSs will just stop trying and skip the FAs.....

Kekune

T1 : (1) 24hr = (3) 3hr basically ... for a person who relys on (5-6) 3hr runs per day....
this is very disruptive , cuts production to almost 50% per day..... ( same thing pretty
much happens by eliminating 15min & 1hr workshop production runs..... )
It allows a strategy change. Most players build some lvl1 buildings for FAs. Running a whole bunch of them on short cycles was very challenging and disruptive for many (most?) players. To compete, groups had to tear down their cities and basically eliminate *all* productions from fully leveled buildings.

Now, people can use their main buildings to run whatever cycles they normally run, because that'll get the bracelet badge. And lvl1 buildings can run 24-48 hour cycles, with a few shorter ones mixed in. Most players, even those who log in multiple times a day, will appreciate not having to reset 100 x 15min runs all day long.

Iyapo1

to whom ????
this is very disruptive , cuts production to almost 50% per day.....
With the new braclet requirements doing it the way you outlined is a very bad idea.
It would be better to build level 1 manufacturing for the 48 and 24. They are small and since you dont need sets you can stick to the ones that use 2 squares and shoe horn them in every where.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am trying to do planning for the upcoming fellowship adventure, but it is hard because there are so many brand new badges or badges which have been changed. Which of the new badges seemed to be the hardest to make in Beta?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
so I've asked this question before because I see some conflicting information....

The necklace badge is 1 of each T1's on gems but the wiki says 3 T1 24h collections indicating that I can use three of the same T1... so which is it?

Crow Last Elf

so I've asked this question before because I see some conflicting information....

The necklace badge is 1 of each T1's on gems but the wiki says 3 T1 24h collections indicating that I can use three of the same T1... so which is it?

Souls, @samidodamage is correct, during beta's FA I made Necklaces from any combination of manus. It was not necessary to have a production from each of the 3 different T1's as in previous FA's.

edited to add: The same change applied to the Statue badges (which now need only 2 productions of 48 hours, I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.