• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kekune

Well, I did like the idea of this building. I was pretty excited about t2, seeds, and kp all in one. But...more scrolls? For real? I have endless ways to make scrolls, and very few sources of anything else. Throw us scroll producers a bone, would ya Inno?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Well, I did like the idea of this building. I was pretty excited about t2, seeds, and kp all in one. But...more scrolls? For real? I have endless ways to make scrolls, and very few sources of anything else. Throw us scroll producers a bone, would ya Inno?
From what I read the building gives whatever your T2 boost is. It just happens that the player who posted the pic is a scroll boosted player. This won't really help the scroll boosted players but at least the market won't be even more flooded with scrolls than it already is, since the crystal and silk players won't be getting scrolls.

Iyapo1

This is really the point I was making, however sarcastically. The people whose boost has already been so sharply devalued are the exact people who lose out on this opportunity. Meanwhile, people who already have easy access to crystal or silk will have yet another avenue to get more.
I am scroll boosted and I would not wish scrolls on silk or crystal boosted players. Giving them more scrolls means they will make/trade less crystal and silk. That also solves nothing. It like wack-a-mole.

Veesviewpoint

I am scroll boosted and I would not wish scrolls on silk or crystal boosted players. Giving them more scrolls means they will make/trade less crystal and silk. That also solves nothing. It like wack-a-mole.
....any chance that the issue of scrolls, with this particular "event"...could be....say...re-worked in some way? Looks like a nice building, but really, scrolls...again? sigh

The Unbeliever

....any chance that the issue of scrolls, with this particular "event"...could be....say...re-worked in some way? Looks like a nice building, but really, scrolls...again? sigh
The devs have said they're working on a 'fix' for the scrolls problem, but well...

I think at this point their idea of a 'fix' is just removing the offending Spire Library set to a 0-1 crafting recipe and calling it "job's a good 'un!" >.<

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Looking for info on the fellowship adventure that recently finished in Beta and should come to live worlds soon. Is there a helpful soul from Beta with a link to share?

Kekune

Yeah, logically I get that, and I realize that shifting the burden onto someone else doesn't solve the underlying problem. (Though fwiw, I suspect a decent chunk of people who would gain scrolls from this simply won't place it.) This just feels like salt in a wound... kicking us while we're down... that sort of thing. There's part of me that's thinking, "geez, pick on somebody else for a change" even though the (slightly) more mature part of me realizes that is neither sporting nor effective.

It would be nice if this building offered all 3 types of t2 goods, like the panda bear or the gingerbread house. Then everyone gets an equal benefit. I know that doesn't support trade, but it would make this equally appealing to everyone. Because as-is, I won't bother to place it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yeah, logically I get that, and I realize that shifting the burden onto someone else doesn't solve the underlying problem. (Though fwiw, I suspect a decent chunk of people who would gain scrolls from this simply won't place it.) This just feels like salt in a wound... kicking us while we're down... that sort of thing. There's part of me that's thinking, "geez, pick on somebody else for a change" even though the (slightly) more mature part of me realizes that is neither sporting nor effective.
I understand what you are saying. And if the trade environment was even then an evolving building that provides T2 boost makes total sense. Thing is, I do not think the Devs realize how severe the scroll issue is. I honestly feel they feel they solved the issue by taking the Moonstone set out of the Spire so that players can't get multiple copies anymore. Now if I were a Dev and were trying to compensate for the scroll problem, I would have the upcoming evolving building give everyone silk. Then I would have the next evolving building give everyone crystal. Mind you, the course of action I just outlined is the 2nd best possible solution. But the Devs have already rejected the BEST solution, which would be altering the Moonstone set so that instead of giving everyone scrolls it instead would give T2 boosted.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why do we think Inno will do anything else, since with every day that goes by, the number of cities (new players or new cities of old players) that need scrolls increases, while the number of cities/players complaining about scrolls stays the same or decreases? So every week and every month, this "problem" only decreases in Inno's statistics.

Yes, my 4+ year old Live city has way too many scrolls, but my 10 month old Beta city can't get enough scrolls. And neither is boosted in scrolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.