• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You both made the following claims with great authority. Could we get links to that authority? Or are these statements purely conjecture?

Do the simple math. If 100 new cities are created today, that is 100 more with no scrolls problem because they can never get more than one Moonstone set. It is only a matter of time before the people with too many scrolls will be in the minority.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Do the simple math. If 100 new cities are created today, that is 100 more with no scrolls problem because they can never get more than one Moonstone set. It is only a matter of time before the people with too many scrolls will be in the minority.

That is because so many scroll boosted players have and continue to quit. I don’t blame them one little bit. I’m so heavy in scrolls I can’t reasonably keep picking up their trades to try to help. The longer this imbalance goes the more screwed they are :(:(

I am curious though. How can they not have a scroll problem when there are always pages & pages of trades trying to give away scrolls and none asking for them?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You both made the following claims with great authority. Could we get links to that authority? Or are these statements purely conjecture?
Well, experienced players have been asking for over a year to switch the Moonstone set to T2 boosted instead of scrolls for everyone. There has been no official announcement of "no, we are never doing this" that I can give you a link to. There have been some comments from mods that if you examine closely makes you think this idea has been rejected. In addition, there WAS a statement from Inno a few months ago that "they were aware of the scroll issue and were looking for solutions." About a month or so after this statement is when the Moonstone Set was removed from the Spire and artifacts for the old evolving buildings were put in its place. It has now been 12 weeks since this started and there has been no further action with regard to the Moonstone set. Based on this, I am assuming that removing the Moonstone set from the Spire is how they "fixed" the issue. So no I can't give you a link with a definite statement. But I also do not think what I am saying is just "pure conjecture". But if you wanted to call it "reasoned deduction", I would not take issue.

Iyapo1

there WAS a statement from Inno a few months ago that "they were aware of the scroll issue and were looking for solutions." About a month or so after this statement is when the Moonstone Set was removed from the Spire and artifacts for the old evolving buildings were put in its place.
They might fix it and put it back in when the artifact rotation is over........

Dont kill my hope. I am scroll boosted in 2 out of 3 cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am curious though. How can they not have a scroll problem when there are always pages & pages of trades trying to give away scrolls and none asking for them?

It could depend on your region on a server/world. Just because where you are, or where I am, scrolls trades do not get taken, does not mean it is that way everywhere. Especially if a bunch of newer players are put near each other by whatever method the software uses to assign a player their spot. Give it a few more months and it will shift even more.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Why do we think Inno will do anything else, since with every day that goes by, the number of cities (new players or new cities of old players) that need scrolls increases, while the number of cities/players complaining about scrolls stays the same or decreases? So every week and every month, this "problem" only decreases in Inno's statistics.

Yes, my 4+ year old Live city has way too many scrolls, but my 10 month old Beta city can't get enough scrolls. And neither is boosted in scrolls.

You are correct, but it will take years before it's really solved.
Are you ready to wait many years for the solution?

Lets say your internet connection is poor because there are 1000 people in your neigbourhood on the same wire. your ISP acknowledges it and tells you they have implemented a solution. it will only take 5 years before you see the effects.

Would you accept that as a solution?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
that's not math, that's made up numbers.

Duh. Everything here is made up numbers because Inno does not give out anything concrete to work with. But it is still a plain fact that the more time goes by, the more new people play the game who do not have the same problems as the old players.

Gladiola

As a pretty new player myself, I think the "problem" will be partially solved because new players with scroll boosts will quit at a higher rate than players with silk or crystal boosts (even if quitting means restarting to make an account boosted in silk or crystal). The cascading problem this will create is when people get to sentient goods, which are based on boost plus 1. If a whole bunch of scrolls players give up and don't grow, then there will be less of the scrolls plus one sentient good. So it's a gift that will keep on giving.

The Unbeliever

Considering the rate at which I assume scroll boosted players are quiting, I wonder how many new accounts players have to start to get a non-scroll boosted city.
Depends on how much the RNG hates you when it places your new city on the world map...

My dad & I play across all worlds - he has 5 cities, I have 2 that I actively play and 1 that I mostly ignore.
Between us we have:
T1: marble x4, steel x2, plank x2
T2: crystal x4, scroll x1, silk x3
T3: elixir x2, dust x3, gems x3

As you can see, the RNG loved giving us marble & crystal a whole lot, while we got lucky and only his 1 city is scrolls-screwed. :p

Iyapo1

@The Unbeliever

I am not sure how long your dad has been playing, but your cities(unless they are alts) dont count. They predate the problem.

My cities do not. I am boosted in scrolls in 2 out of 3.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The issue is if a scroll boosted player quits, that spot is opened on the world map. and can be filled by a new player.

It's very likely to be a vicious circle.
The only way to solve it in it's current way is to way untill enough players with moonstone sets quit the game, then former stocks need to dissipate, then new players boosted in scrolls might stick.

btw someone pointed out that in the future we might end up with a velvet shortage because of it, especially on new worlds.
If not enough scroll boosted players make it to sentient goods because of this issue, then there will lay the next issue. especially on worlds with less history, the same worlds that currently experience the brunt of the scroll issue

Scrolls overflow, velvet shortage.

WolfSinger

I don't understand why people whine about picking up extra scrolls. We have unlimited storage - so having 5-10-100 million scrolls doesn't impact anything (if storage was limited then I would understand).

If you have enough of the other T2 goods to pick up trades - but don't because you have TOO many scrolls - that seems a little silly to me.

What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.