• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new round of Fellowship Adventures starts on Monday 13th August.

Here is our EPL Note with all the information you need. I haven't finished the Strategy Tips section yet but the rest is done; I will finish it tomorrow.

https://tinyurl.com/y7j28oey

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

Here is our Adventure Spreadsheet that you are welcome to copy and use.

https://tinyurl.com/y7eg475m.

38630404_10212251410741067_1634933417810329600_n.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer
The questline for chapter 13 is terribly restrictive.
There is a quest to have 8 level 4 Goldsmiths and 4 level 4 Trap Makers.
This requires 5,000 prestige which is exactly how much you get from a level 4 portal with the maximum allowable monuments (4 pillars, 3 palms and 2 temples)

There is ZERO build diversity if you wish to complete the chapter and the quests.

If you build and delete, you do not need to have all at the same time.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you build and delete, you do not need to have all at the same time.
Sorry, but that's wrong. In order to complete the quest
"Have 8 level 4 goldsmiths and 4 level 4 trap makers"
You need 5,000 prestige.
There is exactly one way to get that much prestige, which is to have a level 4 portal and ALL of the monuments at the same time.
4 pillars= 32%
3 palms =24%
1 temple = 20%
1 temple= 24%
---
total 100%
Level 4 Portal 2,500 +100% = 5,000

Level 4 Trap req 500 prestige x 4 = 2,000
Level 4 Gold req 375 prestige x 8 = 3,000
Total prestige required = 5,000

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Agreed! I did that with Dragons and Elementals. I did not lose space that way.
Even if that was possible this time(and I explained why it is not above) It would be extremely wasteful to spend 250,000 grave goods building the monuments and then tear them down.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Even if that was possible this time(and I explained why it is not above) It would be extremely wasteful to spend 250,000 grave goods building the monuments and then tear them down.
But Soggy, they are going to come down anyway.....I respect others enough not to interfere or inject my philosophy on their gameplay. I do not need another to critique my way of playing my game. Your points are valid for you. Happy gaming ♥

SoggyShorts

I do not need another to critique my way of playing my game. Your points are valid for you.
I am not critiquing your way of playing the game, I am complaining that there is only one way to play the game this chapter.
My point is valid for everyone.
You simply cannot do what you want to do; you absolutely must have all of the monuments built at the same time in order to complete the quest.
Perhaps you can then delete the monuments and go into the negative for prestige, if so then that is what everyone will do since they serve no other purpose.(not counting the tiny amount of culture)
Even this is only possible after you get the last temple, which is at the end of the chapter.

To be clear:
If you want to complete the quests you have no choice what to build. I don't like that.

DeletedUser

To be clear:
If you want to complete the quests you have no choice what to build. I don't like that.
Oh you WANT to complete all of the quests....my misunderstanding. I don't blame you, I wouldn't like it either, which is why I will not. I have worked too hard to be ranked as high as I am for a quest that will have no meaning when I finish the chapter. Happy gaming ♥

Pheryll

Set Designer
You simply cannot do what you want to do; you absolutely must have all of the monuments built at the same time in order to complete the quest.

The have X is four part (I assume) for the monuments (edit: looking at how they set it up, they could do it in one part) and two part for the goldsmith/trapmaker. It has been shown in the past that you can do one part delete a little, and then do the other.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

The have X is four part (I assume) for the monuments (edit: looking at how they set it up, they could do it in one part) and two part for the goldsmith/trapmaker. It has been shown in the past that you can do one part delete a little, and then do the other.
It would be incredibly awkward to upgrade 8 goldsmiths to level 4, nuke some, then upgrade 4 traps to level 4, nuke some then rebuild to balance.
I'll grant it is possible, but so ridiculous as to not even count as a valid strategy imo.;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
It would be incredibly awkward to upgrade 8 goldsmiths to level 4, nuke some, then upgrade 4 traps to level 4, nuke some then rebuild to balance.
I'll grant it is possible, but so ridiculous as to not even count as a valid strategy imo.;)

It is the strategy of those who are space starved. They end up with 1 side temple, 4 pillars, 6 goldsmiths, and 3 trap makers. 3/4 of the normal production but saving a lot of squares. In the process they build and delete 2 goldsmiths, 1 trap maker, 3 palm gardens, and a side temple.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It is the strategy of those who are space starved. They end up with 1 side temple, 4 pillars, 6 goldsmiths, and 3 trap makers. 3/4 of the normal production but saving a lot of squares. In the process they build and delete 2 goldsmiths, 1 trap maker, 3 palm gardens, and a side temple.
exactly, when your city is maxed out, with limited space, you do what you have to ...to make ends meet....regardless of "awkwardness/waste/et.al" ppl get through the chapter as best they can with what they have where space is concerned. There is NO reason to stress over it, it is a game made to be BEATEN. think outside the box.;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am with @Purfie on this one. I was really happy when the video came out because I LOVE cats. Then I realized how BIG the building are and that there are so many of them and few have anything to do with cats. Frankly, I am getting very fed up with getting my kingdom how I want it and Inno assuming it is OK to require things to be nuked almost instantly. I really liked Woodelvenstock and spent to make sure I got all of it. It was instantly apparent that I would have to nuke at least most, if not all, of it for this chapter. That was a bummer even before they instantly came out with this FA. Every time I log on now I'm thinking that there is NO WAY I am going to nuke enough buildings to fit all of the buildings for this chapter. Even with the expansions it is a no go. I guess I'm just weary from the same old. If this chapter cannot be done without nuking what I refuse to nuke then so be it. If it takes twice as long so what! I have the resources to build & rebuild buildings that are worthless at the end of the chapter so I refuse to decimate my kingdom.

DeletedUser

I have the resources to build & rebuild buildings that are worthless at the end of the chapter so I refuse to decimate my kingdom.
Exactly my point, it may be wasteful to rebuild something we already have, but that is life ....you aquire---you loose, you rebuild. I am looking forward to moving as much of my "don't need a road" items to the expansions. I will nuke some of my culture that I can replace with smaller buildings of culture and pop, I was definitely weighing my options on those and have a tentative plan that I believe will work. Depending on the actual size of the buildings, ...those will be built/nuked/built again if necessary. One thing I will not do is stress over something made to be beaten... (without loosing rank and necessary items)....how is the real question. Thanks Deb, nice to see you again.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
You will find that many of the core group who posts very regularly have a very different play style compared to us. I call it utilitarian players who's goal does not include aesthetics and ranking let alone premium items. I tried some suggestions at the beginning of Elementals and my ranking plunged and I could no longer be very helpful on trades. That did not last long because it made me very unhappy with my game and it was unfair to the FS. I'm not sure how this game went from city builder to city bulldozer but I will rise to the challenge of keeping what I want.

@Purfie Yeah it is nice to see you. Miss you and it makes my heart hurt :(

DeletedUser

Yeah it is nice to see you. Miss you and it makes my heart hurt
All is well, you and I are buddies--always have been always will be--I really hate the FA, If I said it once I've said it a hundred times.....it brings out the worst in people. On the plus size I have enough stone, plat, and gum to open the chest, and enough mana to clear w/s and residences. My reserves are deep so no worries on those. However, I will need to build more mana makers as I sold all of the big ones...they took up too much space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I couldn't agree more! I have come to hate the FA more than anything in this game. It has cost me way too much in problems caused and for what? I have a total of 2 prizes still in my kingdom now. Woo Hoo! I am sick of the stress and the implied pressure to do more & more & more. I am over it! I want to play MY game! Sure I have a responsibility to do my share but I do not have a responsibility to make up for those who don't participate and I don't have a responsibility to spend to accomplish what I see as no benefit to me. What I want to do is focus on planning for the upcoming new chapter and that is what I plan on doing. Isn't that what made the game enjoyable in the first place?

DeletedUser

Sure I have a responsibility to do my share
I don't even have that!, When I went back to Summer, I let them know I would only contribute what I made naturally. Due to work schedule, I will not take my home time and sit in front of a computer. Most of the FS will do the same. A few younger cities like to go all out, that's fine too, they have space and time. I have neither.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if the province limiter is being changed for chapter 13?
yes we are suppose to get 10 more slots open, so unless you have enough in reserves all ready to fill those, you should be able to open more. I have been scouting since we were told we would have more land. ....suggestion....click on your expansions and see how many you have in reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.