• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
In today's upgrade on the Beta Server, they fixed the glitch that credited you with double as many Knowledge Points towards a quest, when donating to Ancient Wonders.
This will be fixed in the Live Worlds soon, I guess.

43548830_10212607757369510_7639037426895159296_n.jpg

DeletedUser3122

I know this is an "older" post but just now reading it.

players who are not mathematically inclined may come here for answers

It's surprising to me how many people are not mathematically inclined, including most archmages who don't give as much useful guidance as they could if they had mathematical ability. In any case, many times members don't listen to me or my husband, even though he's a theoretical physicist and knows the math in ways the majority don't (and he tolerates and groans incessantly over the game design). But y'know, emotions and opinion tend to carry more weight for many players, than math. Like putting cats in the game. :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Bloody casuals...;)
Can't wait for Tauriel to complain that 14 tournament encounters is too hard for "no military" FSes that ignore all techs except squad size upgrades.
Those players still have it easy.
I'm planning on starting a new city when there are 3 days left, playing solo(but without my own FS) and trying a no-barracks&no factory build.
Prepare yourself for my strongly worded letter of complaint if I don't win TWO of the prize buildings.(one for each login)

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There is a new change today in Beta - all our MA's seem to have lost what they were making yesterday, and now they are Making Ensorcelled Endowment Spells.
Something is happening to the Magic Academy to prepare for - who knows what?

Perhaps the long-awaited Royal Restoration Spell?
:) :)

44715829_10212701154864389_7149748576371867648_n.jpg

By the way - we have all 30 of the quests now for the Halloween Event - I posted a link above!!
:)

Laochra

Those players still have it easy.
I'm planning on starting a new city when there are 3 days left, playing solo(but without my own FS) and trying a no-barracks&no factory build.
Prepare yourself for my strongly worded letter of complaint if I don't win TWO of the prize buildings.(one for each login)
@SoggyShorts , if you need a temporary FS to attempt a trial city in, you are welcome at any of mine. :cool:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
HERE IS A NEW GAME FEATURE THAT IS BEING TESTED IN BETA WORLD!!

It is an enchantment that allows you to turn unwanted items in your Inventory (like outdated event Buildings) into things you really need!
There will be a list of possible 'prizes' from which you can choose - or if it does not suit you, you can wait for a time period still to be announced, till a new list appears!!

It will probably still be a while before this appears in the Live Worlds.

Announcement: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-feature-crafting-on-beta.11706/#post-66137

Discussion: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/crafting-on-beta.11707/

44830137_10212707299818009_2213446709214707712_n.jpg

DeletedUser9601

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/crafting-on-beta.11707/

Crafting is out, and it looks AWESOME! (Although not many people on the thread will agree. :/
Awesome because it is a cool, new feature, with interesting mechanics?

Or

Awesome because it offers meaningful rewards? So far the commentary has been that the rewards aren't that great, cost a lot, take a lot of time, and are somewhat random re: when you can achieve them.

I think the problem for me in most of this is that if the primary source of crafting supplies is breaking down spells, BUT spells are a key source of free mana via the Dragon Abbey, it will be hard to justify much crafting while mana is a crucial game resource. I caveat this with A. its beta, and we don't know the details, and B. I currently don't cook spells much, so if crafting promised strong rewards, I could offset the DA-mana loss just by cooking a lot more spells.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Some things are way overpriced, some are pretty decent.

Good:
The flower cage is actually pretty reasonable at a cost of 150 Spell Fragments (3 pop spells would disenchant into 156 SF) and 1 Combining Catalyst spell(a CC costs 3 non-boosted relics)

Bad:
5 crystal relics for 300 SF and 1 CC. Maybe, maybe there is a place for this if you haven't hit max boost, and have loads of spells and relics except for crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.