• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That may be your opinion Jack, but certainly not mine yesterday I bought goods at ridiculous prices just to be able to do quest.
Umm actually it sounds like you agree with him.
He said buying goods at the wholesaler is "overpriced"
You said buying goods at the wholesaler was "ridiculous prices"

That sounds like an agreement to me.

There are only 3 choices of what to do with excess coins
1. wholesaler which isn't great
2. getting KPs which are pretty good
3. don't collect the coins, just stay capped which is a waste

From that, it's pretty simple to conclude that buying KP with coins is the better choice, and the downside (they cost more) is pretty irrelevant since like Jack said, you also get richer every chapter.

DeletedUser9601

Exactly!:D

I can buy KP every day no problem because factories barely ask for any.
Coins have basically no value, and KP are really great. Trading coins for KP is a no-brainer.
That was one of the best parts of Amuni. Actually giving coins some value in production.

DeletedUser3507

I use 8 x 1.4 m coins per day in my factories I produce 30,225,370 roughly 20m over what I use. And I skipped the Amuni quest line. It was to greedy with space requirements..:)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
From @jps54
These buy KP quests are too hard
Also from @jps54
I make 20,000,000 more coins than I need every day
huh.jpg

DeletedUser12430

I'm stuck on quest #99 Buy 19kp's..... I'm having trouble figuring out how much it cost for me to purchase a kp ....lol (1327K ?) but, it stopped my progress in the event today. All boosted goods are shot, coins are shot, plus I'm still trying to prepare for the tourney on Tuesday. I think this is planned to happen, and that's why there is so much discussion on the topic.
I'm not on Beta, and have therefore refrained from participating in the discussion...lol, but alas...you have me.
Yes, I'm stuck on it for the day.....I know I'll be able to purchase the kp's and finish the Christmas Event with flying colors, but it stinks being stuck for the day....but I guess it's a whole lot better than Gain 32 Relics....that'll stop ya for a minute, without timing a tourney right. Could be what stopped a lot of people.
I guess I just dont see the big fuss. They used to have events with quest like that you know..... Gain 32 Relics, and that came right after Solve 15 Encounters, and still... some found a way to just get better at the events while others I think, just got soft.

DeletedUser3297

I guess I just dont see the big fuss. They used to have events with quest like that you know..... Gain 32 Relics, and that came right after Solve 15 Encounters, and still... some found a way to just get better at the events while others I think, just got soft.

I think it has more to do with your level of advancement and/or scouting. Some may have gotten soft and some may have gotten tired of doing events. Either way, some cities are just better at doing specific things than others, which may help progress through an event faster. Like gaining relics or solving encounters, I can do that much easier than buying KP.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm stuck on quest #99 Buy 19kp's...
I only buy kp with coins when I have excess from visiting neighbors/collecting houses, etc when my Main Hall is maxed and I need the next research to upgrade it. My next kp bought with coins will cost 1.1 million coins. I'll still buy a few in the morning when I do my visits as my Main Hall maxes at 17.4 million coins and it's at 16.9 right now, lol! I have to get to the next research to upgrade it so I can hold more. I'd rather buy kp than stop collecting or spending it in the ridiculously overpriced wholesaler.
I only buy kp with boosted goods for event quests (or if I need to get an Advanced Scout unlocked to advance to the next chapter and improve the rewards from events). So it's always fairly cheap to buy the kp for the quests. My next one bought with Gems will cost 2450 gems. That's a lot for lower levels, but since I have 1milllion+ Gems right now, it might as well be free, lol.

DeletedUser3122

I have almost never seen one that doesn't run a daily surplus of coins.

Which has me mystified, why players ask their MH be the first to polish, rather than culture. I have hammered this point home in my FS more times than I can count. High culture will insure you have more coins than you can use. MH is limited in how many coins you can collect. I have members that simply don't listen to me and still have MH as their first choice for polish. I have sent articles, pleas, logical arguments, and they simply fall on deaf ears. I always have more coins than I can use and dump them into KP every time, and only extremely rarely into the wholesaler.

Do you, or anyone reading this, have the math to show? I'm too lazy to calculate the difference between polishing a MH and high culture and collecting coins from residences.

I find that no matter how many KP I buy (about 5 a day with coins for years now) my economy always grows much faster than the price increases.

It costs me 1.9 mil coins for 1KP and I still buy them almost daily because I produce too much coins. I have almost never run short, and the coin rain instants are never used except in events or FAs when I need a lot fast.

For people to worry about driving up the cost of buying KP with coins is mismanagement of their city building and strategy.

DeletedUser20386

Which has me mystified, why players ask their MH be the first to polish, rather than culture. I have hammered this point home in my FS more times than I can count. High culture will insure you have more coins than you can use. MH is limited in how many coins you can collect. I have members that simply don't listen to me and still have MH as their first choice for polish. I have sent articles, pleas, logical arguments, and they simply fall on deaf ears. I always have more coins than I can use and dump them into KP every time, and only extremely rarely into the wholesaler.

Do you, or anyone reading this, have the math to show? I'm too lazy to calculate the difference between polishing a MH and high culture and collecting coins from residences.

It costs me 1.9 mil coins for 1KP and I still buy them almost daily because I produce too much coins. I have almost never run short, and the coin rain instants are never used except in events or FAs when I need a lot fast.

For people to worry about driving up the cost of buying KP with coins is mismanagement of their city building and strategy.

Yes it's better for culture, I had to make sure I never did culture once for 2 months strait till I completed a quest because they always did culture. In the end: Culture help with more production of coins and supplies, MH helps give you more coins and BH helps give more building boost.

Sadly, I don't know the forumlas

DeletedUser3122

Ok, I did the math. Sending this to my FS.

Here is the math, from my fully upgraded (and finished with Amuni chapter) city:

If you don't want to read all the math below, bottom line is, you can produce at least 1/4 more coins and 1/4 more tools with a 160% culture bonus than you can with a MH polish that doesn't include a tools production bonus.

250k coins every 20 hours per residence x 34 residences, 160% culture bonus = 8.5 mil every 20 hours

60k + 200k bonus coins (from AWs) for every polish on MH (and that means if all 25 members polish the MH!) - 6.5 mil coins every 23 hours

But the culture bonus also helps my tools productions, whereas the MH only bonus does not.

7830 tools per workshop, per 3 hours, with a 4698 bonus with 160% culture = 12,528 x 10 workshops = 125,280 every 3 hours. Without the culture bonus, it would be 78,300 tools every 3 hours.

DeletedUser3297

I feel like i run the most inefficient city in the game. My culture bonus stays at 170% without buffs, my culrure surplus is 125,000 more culture than what is required for my current bonus. So no need for me to get culture buffs unless I spell my city. When I drain my main hall for KP or goods, it usually takes a week to re-fill. That is because I only have 15 residences and most are Fairy level with only one at my current chapter. I like design over efficiency lol

DeletedUser20386

I feel like i run the most inefficient city in the game. My culture bonus stays at 170% without buffs, my culrure surplus is 125,000 more culture than what is required for my current bonus. So no need for me to get culture buffs unless I spell my city. When I drain my main hall for KP or goods, it usually takes a week to re-fill. That is because I only have 15 residences and most are Fairy level with only one at my current chapter. I like design over efficiency lol
Bet your city looks nice though

DeletedUser12430

So what would be the benefit for visiting the builders hut? I haven't really seen one...lol, and I've been playing for years, but I'm sure there is a great benefit to it. @SoggyShorts do you have any info on this? Why chose the Builders Hut vs Culture buildings or Main Hall...during daily visits?

Also, what benefit do you get from culture visits, after Amuni?

DeletedUser3122

So what would be the benefit for visiting the builders hut?

Not trying to be rude here, but I thought it was obvious that it reduced upgrade time on all buildings? When you're in a lower chapter, it's not enough to matter (saves a few minutes or even an hour). But the higher the chapter, the longer buildings take to upgrade, and the more this can be reduced, the better. I "sacrifice" 3 culture polishes to be sure my BH is polished for faster upgrades. But once it's polished for each builder, it goes fully to culture polish. So my polish preferences have almost always looked like this: BC (the M is pretty unnecessary, as it's the only choice left if all other buildings are polished).

Also, when events ask for building upgrades, it can be a big timer saver, to move onto the next quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.