• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3507

Per Elvenar Stats that's where I get my data..
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us2/652254
Screenshot-111.png

But it seems to conflict with screenshot Elvenar Stats could be wrong I guess..
170 + 54 = 224

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
NEWS FROM BETA SERVER:

Marindor wrote: We will be testing the new Royal Restoration spell very soon on Beta. You can already see some preparations for this in the game, e.g. chapter icons for event buildings.

Discussion thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-70.11953/

48413249_10213025013120643_6629699449247498240_n.jpg

ROYAL RESTORATION SPELL:

For those who missed the Announcement. Earlier this year the designers announced that a new function was to be added to the Blueprint, which top fellowships win in the weekly Tournaments. Blueprints have only one use - upgrading a Magic Building.
The new use would be to allow one to upgrade Event Buildings from an old chapter! All Blueprints would be converted to 'Royal Restoration Spells', which apparently would have this new function - though nothing has yet been released about their exact properties, and whether there is any other way to acquire them other than Tournaments.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's here folks!! At long last, great news from Beta
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-70.11952/
Marindor has announced we'll be Beta testing this week, the long awaited Royal Restoration Spell :)

Greetings all, I am Lelanya. Some of you cross realmers know me, from the International Server, where I make my home, ohhh some 33 months now

FAKE NEWS! LoL just kidding, but I'm worried that you might be jumping the gun here a little. I really hope you are right, but what @Marindor actually said was that the RR will be released on Beta soon, not "this week".
Skip to 14:40

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

About time...:D

About time for inno to nerf something else??? The funny thing is, people complain about the prizes not being worth it for tournaments and other events, now include that RR spell... 1 BP equals 10 RR... However, for endgame players it may take on average of 18 to 20 RR spells to get the same benefit from a BP. Also, royal restoration spells can now be found in the 3rd chest of tourneys and beyond, which may make it more difficult to convince players to go for all 10 since they can easily collect RR's every week..

If you wanted to become a 10 chest fellowship for that elusive blueprint, don't worry now you won't have to! Be a 3 chest tournament for 11 weeks and still get everything from the top! Yes it takes longer, but now any argument for doing 10 chests has less "weight" to it.

Now there is nothing in the 10th chest that cannot be acquired by other means. Great job on that one....

Risen Malchiah

I like that RR would be obtained earlier in the tournament, but I agree there still needs to be *something* special about obtaining 10 chests. And the ratio of 10 RR to 1 BP is horrendously bad. The only way I see this working would be if they offered 10 RR spells scattered throughout the tournament AND 10 additional RR in the final chest bringing the total to 20. For players in later chapters, that will at least bring the ratio more in line with what they're currently getting.

hvariidh gwendrot

sorry to butt in on beta but, i'm interested in the BP to RR ratio (is it 1 to 10 going BP to RR?) ..and if any limitations or problems or bonus use on using the RR on the event buildings would be great info

DeletedUser3297

sorry to butt in on beta but, i'm interested in the BP to RR ratio (is it 1 to 10 going BP to RR?) ..and if any limitations or problems or bonus use on using the RR on the event buildings would be great info

Every blueprint will be converted into 10 RR spells. Event buildings are upgraded at a cost of 1 RR per square. Expiring event buildings will not get extended time, they will just get the cultural benefits from the next chapter.

One example of a nerf to the blueprint:
Currently it takes one blueprint to upgrade a chapter 9 workshop to chapter 10

After the update it will take 20 RR spells to take that same building up one chapter, essentially making the blueprint worth half of its current value for that particular building.

Since not all buildings take up the same amount of squares, each upgrade comes at a different cost (as it should for size increases)
Another example: It will take 12 RR spells to upgrade from a Fairy residence to an Orc residence.

Even though this nerf was done for balancing, it still hurts the players who have been loyal to this game for years.

Newer players will see more positive benefits from the RR spells early on since they can get them easier.

What Inno should do is double the conversion rate for every current blueprint every player has in inventory. That way the players who have earned those blueprints will not feel like they have lost any value. Moving forward from that they can decide how far t h ey actually want to go in the tournaments, knowing the value of all future RR spells.

DeletedUser9601

Not really sure why people are surprised by this (I say slight, others could say moderate) nerf to blueprints.
Did you really expect Inno to take something already available (i.e., 1 magic res/WS upgrade per 10 chest) AND give that item MORE diversity and applicability (i.e., usable on a variety of other buildings)?

You can quibble about the conversion rate (e.g., maybe 15 RRs for 10 chests vs 11), but there was likely going to be some decrease in their value if blueprints were going to become vastly more useful.

I'd like to see something more out of getting 10 chests, but won't be upset if there isn't. You still get more spells and KP. With crafting, those spells are even more useful.

Edit: One clarification. I'm only talking about the nerf to future blueprints/tournaments. I think the conversion rate for current blueprints is probably too low, but I don't know what the right number is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laochra

Funny. Just in that past week maybe, someone in the Suggestions sub-forum was asking for just this to be implemented. :)
Wondering how many times we will have to ask for Inno to give messaging capabilities to mobile players, before it gets implemented. It doesn't make sense that they would prevent an entire group of players from being able to communicate (outside of a FS).

SoggyShorts

(I say slight, others could say moderate) nerf to blueprints.
Did you really expect Inno to take something already available (i.e., 1 magic res/WS upgrade per 10 chest) AND give that item MORE diversity and applicability (i.e., usable on a variety of other buildings)?
It's a pretty huge nerf for advanced 10 chest players.
E.G. 52 BP per year and 2 guest races per year make it pretty easy to spend all BP on magic buildings for spenders. Cutting the value of a BP in half means an additional upgrade cost of 8,320 diamonds.

The worst thing about this from my perspective is that inno made the full tournament worth 11 RR, and the conversion rate 10. How the hell do they justify that?

DeletedUser9601

It's a pretty huge nerf for advanced 10 chest players.
E.G. 52 BP per year and 2 guest races per year make it pretty easy to spend all BP on magic buildings for spenders. Cutting the value of a BP in half means an additional upgrade cost of 8,320 diamonds.
I saw a post on beta (I think it was edeba). Its definitely a nerf to players who had all or a majority of magic buildings, AND only upgraded them via tournaments. I think that's a pretty small subset of players, though.

But like I said, its a nerf numerically, but its a buff otherwise. For players like me and you, who have 1-2 magic buildings, but maybe have 20+ blueprints, you went from having 2 easily upgraded buildings and a bunch of blueprints collecting dust, to having 2 moderately more expensive upgrades to your buildings, and now a lot of other buildings that can also be improved.

Now, given the event building nerf from last winter/spring (God that felt like forever ago), maybe the conversion number is too low. I think there's a good argument for that. But I think my point is that there has to be SOME discount since now BPs are incredibly more versatile, and so the question is whether a 45% nerf or some lower number is more appropriate. But that's all just personal preference, and of course players are going to argue for a lower number (and Inno will want a higher one...).

Another point to keep in mind is that I think it was only a matter of time before blueprints got their value reduced. 10 chests in Dec 2018 is very different than 10 chests in summer 2016, right? Between wonders, buff buildings, more analysis of fighting/catering. If anything, maybe this means that we get an 11th chest that has 9 more RR spells, or something like that.

SoggyShorts

will there be anything left to make the 10th chest of a tournament special? I mean, I know that you get the maximum benefit from the maximum chests, but it was always a buzz that you needed to have the 10th chest specifically to get the blueprint and 9th was nowhere. It made teams really motivated to get all 10 done.... I know that a lot of people will see it as a strong positive that they can open 9 chests and still earn 8 RR spells. Hopefully you know what I am trying to say though.
This is my biggest disappointment. The end-game in Elvenar doesn't have much going on, and getting a group together to work towards that 10 chest common goal was one thing that gave a sense of accomplishment. Trying to convince players that it is worth it to commit 100% more effort to get 30% more prize is going to be a tough sell.

That special feeling of winning a 10 chest has just fizzled. If the RR was given
1 for 3rd chest
1 for 5th chest
1 for 7th chest
1 for 9th chest
7 for 10th chest
Then I'd still be interested in the tournament.

Note: only 1 of my 3 FS is a 10 chest FS at the moment, and even there it has been a mad scramble every Saturday morning to push those last few thousand points. I loved that.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.