• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Beware the new wording on upgrade quests!

In previous events, the upgrade quests asked us to
"Upgrade 2 buildings to level 4 or higher"
For some reason, the wording has changed and now quests ask us to "
"Upgrade 2 level 4 buildings or higher"

These are NOT the same!

The old way is satisfied with an upgrade from 3 to 4
The new way is satisfied with an upgrade from 4 to 5

The quests have been adjusted and written the old way in @TomatoeHu s guide for your
(actually my) convenience.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1390

I have a question about one of the Evolving Buildings in the new Phoenix Event I wonder if anyone knows yet.
The Aureate Phoenix Special Effect increases goods production by 15-300% of the base production. Does this also apply to Sentient Goods, or only to Standard Goods?

DeletedUser9601

I haven't seen a list of the "new" daily prizes. Usually we get a list that shows all the new prizes, if not the days they will show up. Should I assume no new daily buildings?

Also, I think the saddest part of this event is that there's less incentive than ever to rush/game the event. Usually the events had some combination of (a) really good prizes early on [set buildings, non-repeating daily buildings] that made you want to have 50+ quests knocked out in the first few days, and (b) gate-keeping quests (like "collect 15 relics" early on that you needed to hit during the first week's tourney if you wanted to get by).

Maybe its the end-game cynic in me talking (if I were just starting Halflings, I'd be going all-out for 5+ Golden Palaces), but there doesn't seem to be any big rush to go fast, other than getting to use your Fire Phoenix for an extra tournament.

Who's buying the daily building? I still can't decide. On one hand, $11 seems like a lot (obviously its not, but compared to prior events, which is probably a poor way to think of it). On the other hand, getting an extra level (or two?!?) of the Phoenix building would be pretty nice, and I can't see myself ever buying diamonds to support the game again when my next expansion is 4K.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I haven't seen a list of the "new" daily prizes. Usually we get a list that shows all the new prizes, if not the days they will show up. Should I assume no new daily buildings?

You mean like this page from GoK?

https://elvengems.com/Phoenix-2019/daily-prizes/

Yeah, I do not see a single "new" building on this daily list so far. I do see a couple I want that are vast improvements on what I got last year. :)

DeletedUser1016

Yeah, I do not see a single "new" building on this daily list so far. I do see a couple I want that are vast improvements on what I got last year. :)
The Phoenix Cult is back [day 14], the ones that I have in my city [and inventory!] are from S&D chapter, so instead of upgrading them with RR spells [seems a waste] I may try to win a couple and destroy/disenchant the one I won years ago.....

Otherwise, not much else worth trying for - probably go for the time boosts [14hr x 4]....

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Phoenix Cult is back [day 14], the ones that I have in my city [and inventory!] are from S&D chapter, so instead of upgrading them with RR spells [seems a waste] I may try to win a couple and destroy/disenchant the one I won years ago.....

Otherwise, not much else worth trying for - probably go for the time boosts [14hr x 4]....

I need the Golden Palace. I am in chapter 13, so that would give me 1000 seeds per day. Very useful. The last time it was around, I was not even into the mana chapters, so it was a useless prize a year ago.

Deleted User - 3932582

I need the Golden Palace. I am in chapter 13, so that would give me 1000 seeds per day. Very useful. The last time it was around, I was not even into the mana chapters, so it was a useless prize a year ago.
Damn, I'll miss transition to my next chapter for Golden Palace by about 3 days. And it seems that I'll need a ton of these for chapters starting from Halflings, so might still be worth it RR cost to upgrade it to later chapters. Not sure how much can I get just on day 3 though. Any other good buildings out there that would give tons of seeds?

In other news, Wishing Well is back as a daily prize! Day 15, so go bananas if you want to build a diamond farm ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Any other good buildings out there that would give tons of seeds?

Not many. Seed production is a lot more limited than mana. I got lucky and had two event buildings I got while in Sorcerers that went from mana production to seed production in Halflings, so I used RRs to upgrade both. All my other mana producers would just produce more mana if upgraded to Halflings, so no luck there. I do have buildings that already make seeds for me, which would have made mana if I got them in an earlier chapter, so there are buildings that go from mana to seeds when upgraded, if you won any of them. Go to GoK and look at the Events section for the event you got the building from and it will list the productions for each building in each chapter. Then you can see what is worth upgrading and what should be replaced when you win better stuff.

kctanzen

As far as seeds go, I think the best bet for that is lots of wonder levels and logging as much as you can to collect from your trader.
Ancient wonder levels x main hall level = bonus seeds every time you collect and the trader is a 3 hour early collection.
That 3 hour collection window matches up nicely with several other wonders that provide freebies as well.

Deleted User - 3932582

As far as seeds go, I think the best bet for that is lots of wonder levels and logging as much as you can to collect from your trader.
Ancient wonder levels x main hall level = bonus seeds every time you collect and the trader is a 3 hour early collection.
That 3 hour collection window matches up nicely with several other wonders that provide freebies as well.
Well, that's already accounted for, and I know of no quick way to level AWs without paying. The way it goes, I'll be missing about 2-3K seeds a day to avoid techlock in Halflings. Hence why I am trying to find some event buildings to fill in the gap...

kctanzen

I don't grasp the concept of "tech lock is bad" train of thought -- unless one is racing to complete a chapter / all known chapters.
Tech lock, for me, is a GOOD thing because that gives me no feeling of torn between tech tree or piling my 350+ KP a week into wonders.

Speaking to the 'quick' leveling of wonders... the second round of every tourney province from 10+ gives 5 KP and the second round is quite winnable battles for most tourney types quite deep into those provinces.

Wonders add so much more utility for the space / ongoing costs required that i certainly wish I had thought through or known about how they really worked even earlier in my city development thinking

Deleted User - 3932582

I don't grasp the concept of "tech lock is bad" train of thought -- unless one is racing to complete a chapter / all known chapters.
Tech lock, for me, is a GOOD thing because that gives me no feeling of torn between tech tree or piling my 350+ KP a week into wonders.
Feelings aside, all other things being equal (*), being in tech lock is strictly worse than not being in tech lock. No tech lock - you can still put your KPs in AWs if you want to, or you can put them in research. In tech lock - you don't have that option, you have to put them in AWs (or waste them).

But sometimes absence of choice makes you feel better, you don't need to think about it ;)

Avoiding a tech lock for me - aside from trying to see how far I can push it - is about having a choice. I am definitely not against leveling AWs - I love AWs and probably will build all/most of them. It is just I upgrade them with instants from tournaments (can't use these for anything else), and not with straight KPs that can be used to progress research.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
being in tech lock is strictly worse than not being in tech lock
Not for me, makes it easier to monitor my KP to wonders knowing I couldn't possibly have put anything to techs.

Beta is updating armouries and residences (orc chapter)
We made some changes to the output of Orcs for level 32 and 33 Armories and for the provided population of level 20 Residences:
  • Armory 32
    • Bunch of Orcs (option 1): 810 orcs → 1100 orcs (cost: 26000 supplies → 35000 supplies)
    • Orc Clan (option 2): 1180 orcs → 1600 orcs (cost: 38000 supplies → 51000 supplies)
    • Orc Horde (option 3): 1730 orcs → 2350 orcs (cost: 55000 supplies → 75000 supplies)
    • Army of Orcs (option 4): 2500 orcs → 3400 orcs (cost: 80000 supplies → 110000 supplies)
  • Armory 33
    • Bunch of Orcs (option 1): 870 orcs → 1200 orcs (cost: 28000 supplies → 38500 supplies)
    • Orc Clan (option 2): 1280 orcs → 1750 orcs (cost: 41000 supplies → 56000 supplies)
    • Orc Horde (option 3): 1870 orcs → 2600 orcs (cost: 60000 supplies → 83000 supplies)
    • Army of Orcs (option 4): 2700 orcs → 3700 orcs (cost: 87000 supplies → 120000 supplies)
  • Residence 20 (Elves & Humans)
    • Provided population 750 → 850

Unsure on armoury change but the residence one will help those starting out in orcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.