• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm feeling a bit grumpy today...It seems I'm out of tardar sauce, and I'll have to go all the way to Valhalla for more.

Peace2.jpg

So thanks for that. :cool:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Today's upgrade in Beta:

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.80! Today's update includes the following content:

Balancing
  • The Stonehenge building has gotten some changes:
    • The building now produces every 48h and not every 24h.
    • Because of that, the production values have also been updated: regular resources are now doubled.
    • In later stages, the building now gives 3KP for each production cycle.

Deleted User - 3932582

• Because of that, the production values have also been updated: regular resources are now doubled.
So basically, they have improved production rate slightly (you only need to time collections every 48 hours instead of 24), and nerfed KP production for L10 at least (2/day -> 1.5/day)

Not exactly a groundbreaking change.

DeletedUser

It is spelled Tartar sauce, which means you have to go to Tartarus to get more. ;)

No, friend, her name was Tardar Sauce, and (speaking in character here) I'm reasonably certain that as soon as she set paw on the Rainbow Bridge, that either Odin or Freyja scooped her up and gave her a special place from which to brighten everyone's day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Cat

HJK84

Today's upgrade in Beta:

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.80! Today's update includes the following content:

Balancing

Wow... I feel like someone read my previous post about this building and took action.
Yay! :D

DeletedUser6326

My group on Beta has no interest in participating in the Summer event. The quests are ridiculous and the reward for each level of evolving the Stonehenge is not worth all of the effort. Too bad because we usually love the Summer events and who doesn't love Stonehenge?! Lol... but we'll enjoy going for a few of the higher chests with the Sun Flares we don't care about anyway (33% portal profit is pretty sweet!) and maybe going for a daily prize here and there. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It looks to me like this is a 25 day event. Having finished Constructs I can't do any research. That mean scouting 5 provinces. For me that takes 4+ days for each province or 20+ days. That leaves 4-5 days to do all the other quests. Seriously? Stonehenge looks nice but not anywhere close to nice enough to spend the boatload of diamonds to finish those scouts. I guess I will pass on this event and definitely pass on throwing any $ at it. What a waste! SMH!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It looks to me like this is a 25 day event. Having finished Constructs I can't do any research. That mean scouting 5 provinces. For me that takes 4+ days for each province or 20+ days. That leaves 4-5 days to do all the other quests. Seriously? Stonehenge looks nice but not anywhere close to nice enough to spend the boatload of diamonds to finish those scouts. I guess I will pass on this event and definitely pass on throwing any $ at it. What a waste! SMH!!

This sounds like the event was designed to get us to use up our stash of time reduction instants we got from the last event.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This sounds like the event was designed to get us to use up our stash of time reduction instants we got from the last event.

I’m thinking I’ve never had 20 days worth of time boosts. Besides, I don’t see any great benefit in getting them if I need to save them to use all just to be able to participate in the next event. Think about it. Why spend $ on an event if I can’t enjoy the rewards?

The Unbeliever

Unless Inno massively buffs the Lv.9-10 Stonehenge, I'll be skipping this piece of gak event.
Not worth the effort at all, and compared to the 3 Phoenix we just had, this new evolving buildings is pretty damn weak...

Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised - when FoE first got these over a year ago, the second evolving building was also a direct nerf of the initial one! :p

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I would think that even without planning, If you simply run scouts throughout the event, you should be able to trim at least 10 days off that 20, leaving 15 for other things?

Yes. If I get lucky enough to have a scout finish sometime on the day of the start of the event that would give me an additional 4 days 5 hours. Problem is that since we don't know the start date and it would require pretty precise timing on the next 2 scouts I do, I doubt I will get that lucky. We shall see! Honestly, not a big deal. I like the Stonehenge but not enough to spend to get it to level 10 so not worth the space in my city.

DeletedUser19723

I'm thinking about Deborah's scouting concerns for this new event. I haven't been playing the game for years, so I could be way off base, but it seems to me that the most successful players in events are the ones who are not at the beginning chapters or the end chapters. I just started a beta city. It's so small I think you'd need zoom to see it on the map. And heck, I can scout a province in 12 minutes; but I wasn't even able to produce 9 beverages in one go round. I won't get far because I don't have enough of anything yet. I'm not going to spend any money because I'm curious how far I can go doing nothing other than growing my city. I'm totally okay with this. There will be other events. I'm just wondering.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes. If I get lucky enough to have a scout finish sometime on the day of the start of the event that would give me an additional 4 days 5 hours. Problem is that since we don't know the start date and it would require pretty precise timing on the next 2 scouts I do, I doubt I will get that lucky.
With each scout at 4+ days, I'd assume that without any planning, random circumstances should average about a 2-2.5 day wait for each one required. Even just using one or two time instants picked up during the event should cover enough to bring it to 2 days per.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes. If I get lucky enough to have a scout finish sometime on the day of the start of the event that would give me an additional 4 days 5 hours. Problem is that since we don't know the start date and it would require pretty precise timing on the next 2 scouts I do, I doubt I will get that lucky. We shall see! Honestly, not a big deal. I like the Stonehenge but not enough to spend to get it to level 10 so not worth the space in my city.

Their new pattern seems to be for events to start on regular servers two weeks after they start on Beta. This started on May 16 on Beta, so I expect, and will plan for, it to start on May 30th on the regular servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.