• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Their new pattern seems to be for events to start on regular servers two weeks after they start on Beta. This started on May 16 on Beta, so I expect, and will plan for, it to start on May 30th on the regular servers.

Yeah. It has been 2 weeks after Beta start for most events in the approximate 3 1/2 years I’ve been playing. To be honest I probably will be able to finish it. That is only because I have plenty of room & resources to blow through everything else. I still find it insane to have that many scouts that can’t be done at all with the “OR” for players who have finished Constructs. Works for me! No temptation to spend on this one since it is so ridiculous.

DeletedUser9601

It's mind boggling that so many people are "skipping" the event without knowing the daily prizes. Yeah timing the scouting is a pain. But it's also not the end of the world. And do you really want another event where you can crank out all 119 quests in 4 days with a 4 expansion shanty town?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’m not planning to “skip” the event. Not a chance I want to completely skip whatever I may be interested in besides the main prize. It would be foolish for anybody at any stage to not attempt to get what they want & can get even if not the top prize. I’m just planning to skip what I usually spend on events.

DeletedUser

I was just looking at the info for the Stonehenge building and it does not have any special ability to activate with the Pet Food. So how are we supposed to feed the poor druids who maintain it? ;)

67_EmoticonsHDcom1.png

The Unbeliever

For the Beta players, why not try and bombard Inno with the following;
'In Forge of Empires, during events, quests that demand a player "research a technology" or "scout/acquire a province/gain X sectors" will automatically be completed by players who have finished the full tech tree/completed the entire campaign map.

Surely it be easily doable to bring the same coding to Elvenar to allow any player who has finished the full tech tree to auto complete any "research a tech" quests, and/or auto complete any quests that demand "scout X province/s" for anyone who has pushed beyond the final expansion province?'

This is BS that Inno can't make the same damn thing work here...
While I'm nowhere near either of these roadblocks myself, I really do feel for all you guys who are finished the tech tree and have been pushed well beyond 470+ provinces.

The more I read about this event on beta, the happier I am with my decision to just skip it entirely when it eventually comes here to live servers! (well, unless Inno pulls a full 180 and makes the Stonehenge actually viable & reworks the entire quest line to not just be a giant kick in the 'nads :p)

DeletedUser1016

I have to agree with the general feeling about this summer event - it's just more of the same, especially since it's on the heels of nearly the same event [which again is too long, too tedious]. Certainly the grand prize is not that grand, so really no motivation to pursue; and many of the daily prizes seem to just be a repeat of previous summer event, so why bother unless there happens to be one of the "stronger" buildings that you want to replace with a current chapter you are in? I'll not boycott the event, since the expiring buildings [wishing well, library, etc] are always desirable; and perhaps some buildings to disenchant; and instants, etc. ....otherwise, just the same oh, same oh...blah - :confused::confused::confused::confused:

What's really terrible with the quest in this particular event is the five [5] mandatory "Scout a Province" and the EXCESSIVE amounts of "encounters", be it on the world map or in the tournament! There are twelve [12] such quests going from "complete 2 encounters or 10 tournament encounters" ...to "15 encounters or 75 tournament encounters"....Yikes - JUST the last one [of 12] requires you to open two [2] provinces [8 per province] or complete twenty [20] tournaments [4 per tournament]. Players who are waiting for the next chapter better be good tournament fighters, because opening lots of more provinces is the only other options. ...and scouting 5 more provinces just blows!

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have to agree with the general feeling about this summer event - it's just more of the same, especially since it's on the heels of nearly the same event [which again is too long, too tedious]. Certainly the grand prize is not that grand, so really no motivation to pursue; and many of the daily prizes seem to just be a repeat of previous summer event, so why bother unless there happens to be one of the "stronger" buildings that you want to replace with a current chapter you are in? I'll not boycott the event, since the expiring buildings [wishing well, library, etc] are always desirable; and perhaps some buildings to disenchant; and instants, etc. ....otherwise, just the same oh, same oh...blah - :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well, there will always be some repeat buildings in an annual, seasonal event. After all, think of all the players who started since last year's Summer event. Having some repeat buildings and some new buildings is the fair way to do it for all the big events. But yes, I am also surprised we are getting another long event so soon after the previous one, as I thought the pattern was supposed to be a short event or fellowship adventure in between two long events. I will still do the event, and probably finish all the quests too, because I just cannot not do an event. It is part of the game to me and part of the fun/challenge. Besides, we know only the first few daily prizes, so there is still a reason to complete quests and save up the solar things to open chests, because if nothing else, I am sure there will be a daily prize that is time reduction instants or high point AW instants or maybe those 20% portal profits again. Also, since I base my city on how I like the look of buildings over efficiency and optimization, I will attempt to build up the Stonehenge building. I just will not spend anything this time to do that.

The Unbeliever

On the other hand, if we want everything like FoH, we could all just go play FoH....
Maybe for the province scouting, since the world map here is possibly infinite vs. in FoE where it's entirely fixed. (ie: there is a definitive 'end' to it)

But the "research a tech" quests is complete and utter BS... if you've 100% finished every last possible research, then those quests should auto complete.
Why should end game players be effectively "forced" to clutter up their cities with 2-4+ useless buildings just for the off chance that they must occasionally upgrade them because Inno is too damn lazy to just add in a couple lines of code to fix a problem that doesn't need to exist?
Or what happens if Inno goes completely stupid and gives us an event with an actual "research a tech" quest with no alternative option? (and don't say it'll never happen, because Inno is always able to prove logic & us wrong!:p )

End game players have earned that little 'boost' imho since they get hosed on other aspects of every quest line. (*cough*anything involving scouting/province clearing*cough*)
Most of the event buildings are also of lesser value to end game players to boot, since they already have access to the full repertoire of AW's and/or are in far less need of more efficient mana/seed buildings. (ie: they have months to continue amassing more and more resources while waiting for the next chapter)

Vergazi

@The Unbeliever I'm only just entering Dwarves and my scouts take just over 9hrs so even though I am far from an end game player I can still feel your pain. I used up lots of time boosters to get through many quest and finished the sequential quests with about a day to spare. If I should stick around in this game until I'm in Constructs I shudder to think about dealing with scouting quests.

If I understand the general meaning of various comments on the forums about the way the game is changing it seems like it is becoming more like FoE. If that's the case how long is it until we are raiding each other's cities? If they do that it probably wouldn't make me QQ, but I definitely WILL NOT spend any money EVER on this game. As it is right now if I had the resources I probably would spend some, at least for builders, MA and a few expansions. Consider Inno that there are probably others in my position who are more than likely to be paying customers in the future...why piss off future customers as well as current ones. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.