• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

Diamond farms are still an element of chance, granted that chance is a pretty solid 10% rate of return, but chance none the less.
And enough of them to make a difference take a substantial amount of real estate.
PP spells accelerate progress quite a lot, putting more pressure on developers for new chapters / ideas -- or heaven forbid, more adventures.
Plus -- PP spells can be randomly crafted from the recipe list, giving another alternate source.
There is not much left to chance with 20+ WW farms as some players have ;) And I'd be happy if we get even Trading Outposts which also take real estate and time. Even if only as part of the grand prize rotation, so you can't spam those. But we got nothing.

Crafting PP is very expensive - not really a viable source. Even if you craft nothing else in the MA.

In the last few months the only reliable source of PP was incidentally the Fire Phoenix - if you got it to L9 or L10. That's it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect more than a total of 100 or 200% PP be available per chapter. It's a significant bypassing of the pace controls and should probably be a special thing. Not to say I wouldn't like a lot more of them, but I don't really think we should get them.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect more than a total of 100 or 200% PP be available per chapter. It's a significant bypassing of the pace controls and should probably be a special thing. Not to say I wouldn't like a lot more of them, but I don't really think we should get them.
This makes sense. However, many players nowadays can't get any PPs, never mind 100-200% per chapter. If they don't have L9+ Fire Phoenix, what options do they have? Crafting is super expensive, but perhaps that can be a pace control. Event chests are not always there - last event we didn't have any in the chests. This event the only chest with PP is very volatile, but again, maybe good for 100-200% - if you're lucky.

Long story short, I think it would make sense to have a TO as part of the grand prize rotation. This way you can't farm them, and you're guaranteed 1-2 TO per major event (so exactly 100-200% of PP in total).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sounds reasonable. I also think they aren't getting as much value from their Wishing Well idea as they could. A different version could offer portal profits instead of diamonds, or a longer list of options that included both, along with maybe a three-pack of combining catalysts or some vision vapour.

Deleted User - 3932582

Sounds reasonable. I also think they aren't getting as much value from their Wishing Well idea as they could. A different version could offer portal profits instead of diamonds, or a longer list of options that included both, along with maybe a three-pack of combining catalysts or some vision vapour.
Would we ever go for anything else except for Wishing Wells variants in the events then? ;)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Chess Set is to be re-valued!

64620246_10214187935912986_2629900520784920576_n.jpg

Balancing changes
  • We found that the Magical Chess Set's set bonuses were rather underwhelming, considering the rarity of the building and the difficulty to get it. Therefore, we are changing the set bonuses from this set that is exclusively available through Crafting. The new set bonuses will be:
    • Golden King
      • 2 buildings connected: Mana Production Bonus 50% (was 10%)
      • 3 buildings connected: Mana Production Bonus 100% (was 15%)
      • 4 buildings connected: 1 KP
    • Solar Rook
      • 2 buildings connected: Coins Production Bonus 100% (was 33%)
      • 3 buildings connected: Coins Production Bonus 150% (was Supply production Bonus 33%)
    • Flame Knight
      • 2 buildings connected: Seeds Production Bonus 100% (was 10% - also applies to different production types before the Halflings chapter)
      • 3 buildings connected: Seeds Production Bonus 150% (was 15% - also applies to different production types before the Halflings chapter)
    • Tome Bishop
      • 2 buildings connected: Supplies Production Bonus 75% (was 50%)
      • 3 buildings connected: Supplies Production Bonus 100% (was Coins Production Bonus 50%)
      • 4 buildings connected: Supplies Production bonus 125% (was Coins Production Bonus 50%)
  • Note: the base values for the buildings remain the same as before. It is only the set bonuses we are changing with this.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.