• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

The problem it seems with the recycling of the never-ending quests, is for those players who will get RNG-screwed and end up with a disproportionate series of near-constant;
- Scout X province/s OR upgrade 2 buildings to Lv16+
- Complete 1-2 provinces
- Gain X vision vapors

Too many of those, and you'll have players who;
- can't really even play the event.
(ie: 3-4 VV quests in short order could possibly take over a week to complete depending on how crappy the crafting selection is and/or the player's availability of CC's... not to mention, Ch1 - early Ch2 players will be outright *****-slapped right out of the event altogether due to the lack of even having the MA yet and/or having nothing to really fuel the crafting aspect of the game!!)

- end up massively over-scouted.
(ie: if a player gets unlucky and is forced to burn through 20+ provinces in one event, it can easily leave them with hyper-inflated scouting costs & times for the next event)

- too many Lv16+ upgrade quests can ruin things for end of tech tree players, as it can take them 1+ weeks to get enough buildings leveled up for just 1 or 2 quests.

-etc, etc...

Deleted User - 312108

The problem it seems with the recycling of the never-ending quests, is for those players who will get RNG-screwed and end up with a disproportionate series of near-constant;
- Scout X province/s OR upgrade 2 buildings to Lv16+
- Complete 1-2 provinces
- Gain X vision vapors

Too many of those, and you'll have players who;
- can't really even play the event.
(ie: 3-4 VV quests in short order could possibly take over a week to complete depending on how crappy the crafting selection is and/or the player's availability of CC's... not to mention, Ch1 - early Ch2 players will be outright *****-slapped right out of the event altogether due to the lack of even having the MA yet and/or having nothing to really fuel the crafting aspect of the game!!)

- end up massively over-scouted.
(ie: if a player gets unlucky and is forced to burn through 20+ provinces in one event, it can easily leave them with hyper-inflated scouting costs & times for the next event)

- too many Lv16+ upgrade quests can ruin things for end of tech tree players, as it can take them 1+ weeks to get enough buildings leveled up for just 1 or 2 quests.

-etc, etc...
Yes, right now I think there are several downsides to it. I haven't had too many unbearable quests, but I have had several like 9 hour boosted in a row, the 5 minute workshop in a row (I like variety).

I do believe that with the way this works that the event currency needs to be scaled toward the difficulty of the quest - if you get a produce 4 3 hour boosted it should be worth 1/3rd to 1/2 of what the produce 4 9 hour boosted quest is just given the relative time it takes to complete the quests.

The scouting quest at least usually is paired with an OR upgrade buildings quest.
This is what I had last night:
Produce Wooden Chest x3
Produce Wooden chest x4
produce simple toolsx7
collect 400 spell fragments
20KP to an AW
solve 5 encounters or 25 tourney encounters
produce basket of groceries 5 times
produce advanced tools 8 times

So not too bad although there is a part of me that would like to see the 20 KP to AW have an OR if I am on mobile and my AW is full.... it's a pain :)

I am also going to reiterate that this also highlights one of the reasons I am for scaling quests based on chapter level. Lower level players are going to be hard pressed at times to meet a multitude of encounter quests. I know my lower level cities have yet to recover from the Summer solstice with the huge number of 104/520 encounters to be completed through the quest line.
Scaling or the ability to decline a certain quest.
Yes, I understand that in many ways events and tourneys are more geared for higher chapter players since they need more to do given that they have a higher rate of being research blocked, that doesn't mean that these should be unmanageable for lower chapter players. And as you have said, even for high chapter players - certain quests can be roadblocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 312108

this would be fantastic. my only comment is that some quests wouldn't be needed to be scaled as they are universally easy-mode.
Yes, some don't and some do, the encounter quests, some of the build quests. They do scale when they have the acquire troop quests and gain good quests.
There is also the difference between human and elves especially on wood and steel sizes. Granted if you have room you but down a whole lot of level 1 work shops and T1 buildings for events :)

The Unbeliever

They already gave us scaled quests vs. chapter progression through the 'gain coin'/'gain supplies'/'gain units' series... Damn strait they should also properly scale the quests for AW donations/kp spending too. ;)

Another point of contention that breaks the game with this new quest system;
Ancient Wonders aren't unlocked until the 8th technology of Ch.2!!
...so, any poor sods who haven't gotten to that point yet, can literally have a 100% impassible wall thrown up in front of them. (...yes, yes, you can contact support and they'll bypass that quest for you if you're Ch.1, but seriously, why should the onus be on the players to fix a broken system we have 0 control over?)

I think it's interesting and fresh, going to an unending/infinite quest line, but like everything it seems, the Elvenar devs manage to royally gak it up since they seemingly only ever "play" their game in a total vacuum with pre-set conditions.:rolleyes::mad::mad:

kctanzen

From the feedback I have seen so far (I am not in Beta) -- I know that the InnoAccountants won't see any of my disposable income for this event.
I usually get the ground spawn booster at least, and sometimes an event currency package.

Randomizing quests is one thing. Being unable to plan how many buildings need to be x level in a potentially finite space -- and not knowing how many tier 1 factories to set aside for long builds .. that is a big downside for my enjoyment of events. Or the inability to know when / if to start a scout to roughly line up with quest completions. The slot machine effects from the random chest was a pretty big detractor when it started as well .. but at least we could make a plan about how to approach getting maximum chances for buildings that were coming which fit the needs or vision of our cities.

This seems to be a somewhat panicky reaction for revenue, as more folks may be inclined to buy event currency / diamonds to rush things.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I see a lot of reaction to the new somewhat randomized quests for the next event, but I have not seen any talk about the fact there will only be one quest chain in the event, with the daily quest chain being removed. I am not sure how I feel about that yet and will have to see this new system in action on the live servers before I can decide it this is good or bad.

Deleted User - 312108

Enevhar - I personally miss the daily quests. So far I have not had a quest that has blocked me from making daily progress on beta. In beta I am not quite as advanced as live as I just started chapter 6 there. I do find the quests repetitive and have started trying to track them (somewhat more difficult if I am on mobile and away from my PC) but not overwhelmingly so yet. I admit, I am not overly fond of the change as I did like being able to plan crafting, 1 & 2 day items etc. I am likely to try to do a more significant quest track on my live cities when it hits depending on how annoyed with it I am :)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
News from today's upgrade in Beta
The Notifications window has changed, to give more information about the type of help given.

67583440_10214447447920624_1559729893372067840_n.jpg

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Dare I SCREAM Cross Trade Filter? How about a mobile fellowship filter like browser has? why is this still not a thing? Gross.

No, its not working on mobile. Mobile is such a broken platform to use. Please improve this for fellowships. Messages and Trade are supposed to be 2 of 3 selling points of being in one, Inno has virtually, made it impossible. Mobile is a Frankenstein of working/ non working pieces. No in game messages, deleting chat, but hey, lets make the notification pictures all fancy pants. The third benefit of a fellowship is supposed to be tournaments and those have been impeded with some silly animation of jiggly swords. So all three benefits to being in a fellowship, all broken on mobile.

This trader filter, it's just one more reason to make players continue to switch between mobile and browser. Visits here, tourneys there, collections here, trading there. Can we have the game work fully on each platform? Are visits being fixed on browser? Can we get an animation off box in settings for that silly dancing jig that delays each spot ( x4 ) in every province we try to fight thru tournaments? A "No animation" check box, for both browser and mobile players, in the settings cogwheel. like we have for player movement and emails. I would take all that, before a new chapter.

The notification window changes are very blah and have no quality of life impact on the game. I would much prefer to have in game messaging and wonders donations working on mobile. Roll back the notifications graphics which worked just fine before, and give us wonder donations on mobile please. Especially with all these "Invest some Ancient knowledge" event quests that don't work on mobile if you have no wonder, or have wonders on rune phase.

DeletedUser5676

Can we get an animation off box in settings for that silly dancing jig that delays each spot ( x4 ) in every province we try to fight thru tournaments?
It feels to me like the jiggling swords are just a local filler to cover up the time it always took the server to respond at the end of each combat. I don't think that part has added any time to what happens. The bleeding away of troops though is pure waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.