• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heymrdiedier

Yep, read this one and did shake my head. It's not necessary and I think this will simplify the game too much - especially for end-game players (well, assuming it will be reasonably available). Right now in the end game you may want to think whether you keep your high-level mana/seed/sentient etc productions that you don't really need until the next chapter (or at least don't need as much) - especially if these are event buildings that are not easily available again.

Now, I'd just teleport these facilities back into inventory until the next chapter comes in, and swap these out for extra manufacturing, troops or wishing wells. When the next chapter comes, just do the reverse switch. You lose nothing, so don't need to think about it.

Unless they make it superexpensive a la RR spells - but then I don't see a use case for such a spell.

i dont think they will be that easily available, im thinking a 10% on the final boss on spire map 3 :p

Alistaire

As far as "a lot less frequent" for pet food; the 2/3 reduction on recipes in the upcoming patch is going to hurt quite a bit.

This is inaccurate. Not sure if it was this thread or elsewhere, but the topic came up and there's still the 33% faster cycle time to consider, and the bunch of other garbage recipes being taken out as well. It's also possible for them to put a different weight on any particular recipe, so that pet food comes up enough to be the same as before if they want, or close enough that it doesn't matter, and even if they don't it's still possible for them to change it when there's feedback after the update.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is inaccurate. Not sure if it was this thread or elsewhere, but the topic came up and there's still the 33% faster cycle time to consider, and the bunch of other garbage recipes being taken out as well. It's also possible for them to put a different weight on any particular recipe, so that pet food comes up enough to be the same as before if they want, or close enough that it doesn't matter, and even if they don't it's still possible for them to change it when there's feedback after the update.
It is still a 2/3 reduction in options. The other factors do not cancel the reduction out, and the faster cycles is options per day- not number of options. Yes, there are many factors being changed; but stating what those factors are is by no means inaccurate. The loss of 2/3 of the pet food recipes is precisely what Beta is experiencing.

And there are many consequences of this other than how it affects the rate. For, example, in the current system I avoid the T+2 recipes and craft all the others. Thus, from CC expense, I lose 12 of the T+2 relics and 5 of the others every six crafts. In the new system I might want to craft the T+2 1/3 of the time, so that every 7 crafts I lose 19 T+2 and 15 of the other T3 relics (as well as 14 of the T1 and T2 that are T+2). A heavier relic toll is expected on T3, and rate and availability have little to do with that.

Last edited:

Alistaire

It is still a 2/3 reduction in options. The other factors do not cancel the reduction out, and the faster cycles is options per day- not number of options. Yes, there are many factors being changed; but stating what those factors are is by no means inaccurate. The loss of 2/3 of the pet food recipes is precisely what Beta is experiencing.
No they don't cancel it out but they do modify it. Beta is not "precisely" experiencing 2/3 loss. You get 4 sets of recipes a day now instead of 3. If you want pet food you have more opportunities for a reset to give it. If I give you 6 apples a week, and suddenly change that to 1 apple but every 2 days...you get the picture. Basically the denominator matters. For beta to experience "precisely" 1/3 the amount of pet food available they'd have to have lowered the frequency of the remaining 3 recipes as well (which is also possible, but nothing's been said to that effect.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
No they don't cancel it out but they do modify it. Beta is not "precisely" experiencing 2/3 loss. You get 4 sets of recipes a day now instead of 3. If you want pet food you have more opportunities for a reset to give it. If I give you 6 apples a week, and suddenly change that to 1 apple but every 2 days...you get the picture. Basically the denominator matters. For beta to experience "precisely" 1/3 the amount of pet food available they'd have to have lowered the frequency of the remaining 3 recipes as well (which is also possible, but nothing's been said to that effect.)

More things are affected than just the rate as I have said previously. There is a 2/3 reduction in pet food options. This does not just affect rate, it also affects relic distribution and crafting strategy.

DeletedUser5676

No they don't cancel it out but they do modify it.
They probably modify it for most people. I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who only log in a couple of times a day, or even less. If you are someone who doesn't live in the game, or works/commutes/has classes for 8-10 hours a day, then statistically you either miss one set of options while sleeping or one while working. Unless people are able/willing to spend diamonds to set their clocks, possibly a couple of times a week, many will not actually get any more sets of recipes than they did before.

Risen Malchiah

The 6-hr timer is going to be frustrating. Unless timed just right, I'll certainly miss one window every day. So I'm back to 3 windows per day, but with less time in each making it difficult to craft & collect multiple things before timer reset without holding up a spot.

I'd be much happier with 10 options and a 12 hour window.

Alistaire

I'd be much happier with 10 options and a 12 hour window.
That is definitely a better option to suit people's schedules, but it's not likely to happen. It goes to why that other response wasn't helpful; of course people have different schedules that lessen how much they can play or benefit from how things are set up, but not only can any game not feasibly accomodate that factor, but they wouldn't want to from a money-making perspective. Pretty much the entirety of their market is based on urgency. Take away the need or benefit to speed things up and people don't spend nearly as many diamonds.

...and then there'd be people complaining that 10 options over 12 hours would pretty much need a 100 diamond refresh cost too.

Deleted User - 3932582

The 6-hr timer is going to be frustrating. Unless timed just right, I'll certainly miss one window every day. So I'm back to 3 windows per day, but with less time in each making it difficult to craft & collect multiple things before timer reset without holding up a spot.
Crafting is pretty fast, so if you end up with multiple items you want to craft in the same draw you can burn those 1h/2h time boosters that you've probably got in spades from the events/spire.

I wish I had that problem ;)

Risen Malchiah

They wouldn't want to from a money-making perspective. Pretty much the entirety of their market is based on urgency. Take away the need or benefit to speed things up and people don't spend nearly as many diamonds.

...and then there'd be people complaining that 10 options over 12 hours would pretty much need a 100 diamond refresh cost too.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I would consider 100 diamonds for 10 new options with plenty of time to make 2 or 3 of them to be well worth it. Whereas with a 6 hr timer, I'd pretty much only ever spend diamonds once to align multiple cities. I guess only Inno knows whether players are more inclined to pay for urgency or value.

Crafting is pretty fast, so if you end up with multiple items you want to craft in the same draw you can burn those 1h/2h time boosters that you've probably got in spades from the events/spire.

I wish I had that problem ;)
Haha I do have a ton of 1h/2h timers and use them frequently enough that I craft them as well. I eat time boosters like they were candy.

And with a 6hr reset, I know I'll go through my boosters even faster if multiple good options pop up.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am curious as to what would be the use case for that. So investing a ton of KPs in time warp (plus space for TW and the bear) allows one to finish the tournament with 2 pet foods for Fire Phoenix and the bear (less than 24 hours for all 6 stages). Vs 3 pet foods with no KP or space requirements for TW and the bear if tournament is done in 3 chunks of 2 stages over the regular week. Or perhaps 4 PF if your schedule doesn't allow for the above.

Is that the only benefit, or am I missing something? Doesn't sound like a good investment of KPs for TW and bear artifacts to me if it's just for that. Unless pet food is going to be A LOT less frequent...
Replying to myself here ;) It just occurred to me that doing the whole tournament in 1 day might be great - but not for the reasons of saving pet food. It seems that if you can do tournament in 1 day, then you can run Saturday/Tuesday pattern with 2 weeks downtime. If that would be possible, then we can use single 5 day military boost for 2 tournaments. This would be huge for UUU and Dwarwen Armorer (at least for me), and MMM for gems/marble combo.

Thoughts?

Vergazi

Replying to myself here ;) It just occurred to me that doing the whole tournament in 1 day might be great - but not for the reasons of saving pet food. It seems that if you can do tournament in 1 day, then you can run Saturday/Tuesday pattern with 2 weeks downtime. If that would be possible, then we can use single 5 day military boost for 2 tournaments. This would be huge for UUU and Dwarwen Armorer (at least for me), and MMM for gems/marble combo.

Thoughts?
So what's the news from Beta?

Heymrdiedier

Thoughts?
toughts, me and my fellow have being doing this for a while now, with a max timewarp. its great to be able to use combat boosters in 2 different tournaments.
recently they postponed the tournament with one day, that sucked, because they didnt want to compensate the boosters :) (at least it sucked for me cause i had boosters active allready, but it rocked for my fellow since he didnt have boosters up, and was able to do boosters on: sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday. )

Black watch

I must say that I was waiting for the Phoenix's tail-feathers to be trimmed!
Fire Phoenix was making the Tournaments too easy.

Good Heavens, I can't believe you said that! The Fire bird is the only thing making that turd of a unit, the Mortar, somewhat effective for a change. To me, yeah, the first part of the tourneys got a little easier, but once I'm in the 3 stars and above, it evens out. I lost a lot of squads (170+) in this last tourney and will have to sit on the sidelines a bit in the next one to recoup my losses.
Frankly, I used units that Gems suggested and even blended in an attempt to soften the losses and the Orc Strats were hit much harder than I wanted to see. So much for that.
BTW, I had unleashed and mage mult active with the fire bird.

Black watch

From the Beta thread it looks like only the T3 relic form of pet food can be crafted. That is a 2/3 decrease in the number of options.

Of all the things to remove, and using the weak a$$ excuse of some players don't have phoenix birds... Well if you can now craft them... more will have them and everyone will have the opportunity to have them. NOW how the hell are you going to feed them?
Yeah, woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and now this... :(

Black watch

I so agree with Pheryll here. several factors that I think are being missed.

And there are many consequences of this other than how it affects the rate. For, example, in the current system I avoid the T+2 recipes and craft all the others. Thus, from CC expense, I lose 12 of the T+2 relics and 5 of the others every six crafts. In the new system I might want to craft the T+2 1/3 of the time, so that every 7 crafts I lose 19 T+2 and 15 of the other T3 relics (as well as 14 of the T1 and T2 that are T+2). A heavier relic toll is expected on T3, and rate and availability have little to do with that.

So how this will effect me in my lowly state in S&D as I sit here in a voluntary stall out to work on my AW levels (Oh shite, INNO's going to get me for that): I craft mainly for pet food. My academy is producing CC spells -only, 24hrs a day and never wavers. That takes Steel, Crystal and Elixir relics. This means I strip those relics out at an accelerated rate, so I don't use those to make pet food when they come up ( so to be clear as example, pet food using crystal relics to make, I ignore those). To limit pet food creation to only T-3, this means I have two options to craft food. It comes up now every six hours... so with time away from this computer, I get to have further limitations.
I don't have a timewarp... I'm amazed at how people are replenishing their armies so fast and I've got my needles cranked up to 23. My squad size is 1,590 and my production is at 1,800. It takes a ton of time for me to recoup my losses and to not be able to use pet food for things INNO has given us to use, is going to really limit play-ability. As it stands now, I'm way over scouted, my tourney losses are extreme and I have to reduce my tourney play down to compensate, so no more 3,711 average.
Now for all of you thinking this is just effecting tourney participation: factor in the province fighting and the first level of the spire (the only one realistically usable) and you have a bigger demand for pet food due to time available to play. Not all of us are retired or unmarried.
I can't see anything but trouble with this.
Yeah, most of the stuff in the crafting window was crap for me... but I saw a lot of stuff being added to younger cities, those folks could use that... I think over all the adjustment was okay and I'm thinking the option to craft event pieces is great... but pet food... why have the option to have multiply event pieces in your city if you can't feed the bloody things.
I'm bitching over just my fire bird... what about people with two or more birds... put that stat in with your tourney usage then it's even more extreme.
The clouds are forming, but people seem to be ignoring the fact that the hurricane is coming...
Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

toughts, me and my fellow have being doing this for a while now, with a max timewarp. its great to be able to use combat boosters in 2 different tournaments.
You can certainly use boosters in two tournaments right now even without time warp, but overlap will be fairly narrow (unless all you do is 1*). But can you cover two tournament for all 6* on a single booster with maxed out time warp?

So L30 TW gives 80% delay reduction, so instead of 16 hours you get 3+ hours downtime. I suppose it is possible to squeeze in 6 stages in one day just with TW alone, even though it is pretty tight, and probably needs some night time fighting. Is this how it works?

Still, L30 TW is very expensive (well, any L30 AW is expensive)...

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Autumn Event is in Beta!

Three new evolving buildings - and you can't use tiny level one buildings for the never-ending string of quests.
I will add full details later - meanwhile here is the Announcement, a few quests and a look at the three buildings and the event screen:

https://tinyurl.com/y5o2e9fx

69947032_10214707695586653_8562722950522863616_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am not hearing good feedback from the Beta users regarding quests. Quests now require manufactory/workshop of your current chapter to make productions. This means the later chapters with the huge space that the manufactories/worhshops take up do not do well in completing the quests. It would be better weighted on the actual production amounts from these buildings rather than their quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.