• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socrates28

It's still more population each and goods used to upgrade when they're just being torn down after the event anyway.
If we consider that this will possibly be the quest event format from here on, then the buildings will be of continuing value and should find permanent space in our cities.
This is also interesting when we consider the teleportation spell that is now available. It would probably not free up pop or materials, but would free up the space.

Deleted User - 3932582

It would probably not free up pop or materials, but would free up the space.
Surely it will free up pop - otherwise, it will be pretty useless outside of event buildings. Teleportation is the same as selling, except you don't get resources back.

Socrates28

Surely it will free up pop - otherwise, it will be pretty useless outside of event buildings. Teleportation is the same as selling, except you don't get resources back.
Since I have not used one as yet I cannot absolutely disagree with you. At the same time why would it free up pop when it would be impossible to put it back out if it did not have that pop available? As I understand that spell, it is not the same as selling at all.

Alistaire

The only reason I see that I'd ever need a teleport spell would be to make space for a bigger shantytown, and since that's apparently no longer a thing....
There's no way they're gonna change this for FAs...or possibly (hopefully) even future seasonal events after all this feedback.
Since I have not used one as yet I cannot absolutely disagree with you. At the same time why would it free up pop when it would be impossible to put it back out if it did not have that pop available? As I understand that spell, it is not the same as selling at all.
They could allow you to put it back without pop as people can go into negative pop anyway. Though overall we'll just have to wait and see.

Deleted User - 3932582

when it would be impossible to put it back out if it did not have that pop available?
And what would be a problem with that? If I have only 5 available pop today, I won't be able to place L1 manufactory. If I teleported L24 manufactory into the inventory, it can simply prevent me from placing it back until full pop requirements are being met (i.e. about 4.2K in this case).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have been reading along on the Beta forum about the factory levels required to do the tasks, and I am very annoyed that Chapter 13 and 14 players are being screwed over by the new requirements. A player in Chapter 12 can use their level 24+ factories they unlock in chapter 12 or they can use the previous chapter that gave an upgrade to tier 1 factories, so they can actually use any tier 1 factory from level 20-27 to complete the tasks. But Chapter 13 and 14 players are stuck using only level 24+ factories because the Chapter-1 does not do them any good.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I don't suppose the event requirements are allowing use of our sentient t1 boost?

That was one of my complaints. In the sentient chapters, you need a sentient manufactory matching your sentient boost. These event quests (for Amuni and Constructs) require manufactories leveled to the sentient tier, but your sentient boost manufactory does not produce anything that counts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That was one of my complaints. In the sentient chapters, you need a sentient manufactory matching your sentient boost. These event quests (for Amuni and Constructs) require manufactories leveled to the sentient tier, but your sentient boost manufactory does not produce anything that counts.

Not chapter 12 players. They can use their normal boosted tier 1 just fine because they can use the previous upgrade levels. But not us chapter 13 and 14 players. We are stuck need level 24+.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not chapter 12 players. They can use their normal boosted tier 1 just fine because they can use the previous upgrade levels. But not us chapter 13 and 14 players. We are stuck need level 24+.
I am not sure you got what I said. All three sentient good chapters require a sentient boosted manufactory. That manufactory will do nothing for these upcoming event quests. It is 20 squares + pop and culture requirements that simply cannot be used. This is disturbing because:

#1 The event requires sentient level manufactories for Amuni and Constructs.
#2 The construct quest of having 6 manufactories at level 25 produces an expectation of having only 1 normal and 1 sentient manufactory of each tier. (That is one manufactory when you get to the event quests which is much lower than the event quests are intended for).

If you wish to cross reference the complaint I made which I was referring to, it is on the top of page 82:
The need to collect a certain number of productions from current level buildings is unequal on many fronts:

1) Early human cities are penalized for having larger buildings. Thus having current level workshops/manufactories costs more population and culture per instance than it does for elves. The type of boosts also play a role. Would you rather have a level 15 elven marble manufactory (6 squares) or a level 15 human steel manufactory (16 squares)? The difference can be quite large.

2) Magic Workshops eat up more population and culture than normal workshops, but they are counted just the same in these quests.

3) Sentient level manufactories are required for late game players, but boosted sentient production cannot be substituted for normal boosted production. Adding to this the base expectation for chapter quests anticipates only 6 manufactories at sentient level (construct quest). This averages one normal and one sentient per manufactory tier. Yet having only one manufactory able to produce normal boosted tier 1 goods is far below the expectation of this quest line.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure you got what I said. All three sentient good chapters require a sentient boosted manufactory. That manufactory will do nothing for these upcoming event quests. It is 20 squares + pop and culture requirements that simply cannot be used.

Once chapter 12 was added to the game, when have we had a month-long event when this was not true? Sure, even if you built all the baby buildings, you still had your sentient boosted sitting around doing nothing for the tasks.

This is disturbing because:

#1 The event requires sentient level manufactories for Amuni and Constructs.

I already said that in one of my posts. Chapter 13 and 14 players are getting screwed over by the manufactory requirements.

#2 The construct quest of having 6 manufactories at level 25 produces an expectation of having only 1 normal and 1 sentient manufactory of each tier. (That is one manufactory when you get to the event quests which is much lower than the event quests are intended for).

Actually, since that is a chapter 14 quest, it is assuming you have two each of your boosted tier 4 and 5 and 6 leveled up to 25 for a total of 6. I never built two of each sentient boosted, but I leveled up my normal boosted to level 25+ for the production increase, so I still met the requirement of 6.

juniperknome

i do 100% fight so very few manufactories and all are at sentient goods so 1 day and 2 day builds are impossible so i have to build new manufactories to do the quests. we need a cap on the level at pre sentient goods or will be unable to do 1 and 2 day builds that means to get 6 or so in have to tear out the ones i have and start over can down grade

Attachments

• manufactoring.png
    manufactoring.png
    924.2 KB · Views: 68

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i do 100% fight so very few manufactories and all are at sentient goods so 1 day and 2 day builds are impossible so i have to build new manufactories to do the quests. we need a cap on the level at pre sentient goods or will be unable to do 1 and 2 day builds that means to get 6 or so in have to tear out the ones i have and start over can down grade

No, you do not have to worry about that. That have been no 1-day or 2-day production quests yet, and it has been going for over a week now on Beta. Only workshops have gotten the 1-day production quests.

juniperknome

i checked gamers of knowledge i don't see 1 and 2 day quests listed. but i am finished with constructs and took out most of the boosted sentient goods manufactories so it will probably be impossible to up grade any tier 1 in my case planks past halflings

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i checked gamers of knowledge i don't see 1 and 2 day quests listed. but i am finished with constructs and took out most of the boosted sentient goods manufactories so it will probably be impossible to up grade any tier 1 in my case planks past halflings

I just finished upgrading two marble manufactories to level 23 in less than a week. I am waiting to see if anything gets adjusted by the time this starts on the regular servers before I bump them up to 24. So you have time to get to level 20 easily before next Monday when this starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.