• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Actually, since that is a chapter 14 quest, it is assuming you have two each of your boosted tier 4 and 5 and 6 leveled up to 25 for a total of 6. I never built two of each sentient boosted, but I leveled up my normal boosted to level 25+ for the production increase, so I still met the requirement of 6.

I do not read it as two T4, two T5, and two T6. The elemental quests already require you to have 1T1 and 1T4 leveled to sentient levels, and the production of sentient goods consumes normal goods in the process. Regardless, those who complete the most stringent of the chapter quests can be left completely unprepared for this event; having but 1 T1 and 4 workshops as the chapter quests require. Outside of the upcoming event (which all information on the forums is relegated to Beta discussion), there is no information to direct them to build their city a different way. Before with the shanty town quest requirements, one could build the needed T1 each in a matter of minutes.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Once chapter 12 was added to the game, when have we had a month-long event when this was not true? Sure, even if you built all the baby buildings, you still had your sentient boosted sitting around doing nothing for the tasks.

If the game is going to require sentient leveled manufactories for events, why is it not counting their sentient boosted production on boosted goods quest? Before with shanty towns, the population and culture space of your normal production was somewhat immaterial. You could place plenty of level 1 buildings which would dwarf the number of productions that your normal T1s would produce. Now as high as 50% of people's normal T1/4 production does not do a thing for the quest, and to get another manufactory takes a long amount of time.

The Unbeliever

If the game is going to require sentient leveled manufactories for events, why is it not counting their sentient boosted production on boosted goods quest? Before with shanty towns, the population and culture space of your normal production was somewhat immaterial. You could place plenty of level 1 buildings which would dwarf the number of productions that your normal T1s would produce. Now as high as 50% of people's normal T1/4 production does not do a thing for the quest, and to get another manufactory takes a long amount of time.
Don't give them any more ideas dammit!

Next thing you know, the Winter event will have some garbage like; "Produce 3-5x T1 boosted 3hr production, OR, produce 3-5x boosted T4 3hr production."

Because that will of course 'fix' the issue in Inno's eyes, am I right?!:p:confused::confused:

...oh crap, I gave them an idea didn't I?! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!

Arayla

i do 100% fight so very few manufactories and all are at sentient goods so 1 day and 2 day builds are impossible so i have to build new manufactories to do the quests. we need a cap on the level at pre sentient goods or will be unable to do 1 and 2 day builds that means to get 6 or so in have to tear out the ones i have and start over can down grade
@juniperknome Since you are in Constructs, you can use your 2 level 24 planks just fine. There are no boosted goods quests that are longer than 9 hours, so these work fine. If you add in new ones so that you don't have to wait as long on the boosted T1 quests, they will need to be at level 24 or higher as well. The boosted T1 requirement is the minimum level in the current or previous chapter.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Don't give them any more ideas dammit!

Next thing you know, the Winter event will have some garbage like; "Produce 3-5x T1 boosted 3hr production, OR, produce 3-5x boosted T4 3hr production."

That does not really count sentient production, as a city with at least as many T1 as T4 would fulfill the quest with the T1s alone, and the T4 option would not be needed. If they try to pull that one off, the Beta feedback would be that they are inserting nigh redundant requirements in their quests (like the time they gave the option gain X relics or complete X encounters, as completing an encounter always gave a relic, Inno quickly removed that redundant quest before the next quest line and never did that again).

Deleted User - 312108

I don't know that even the wonderful bears are worth the aggravation of this event. There are far too many buy KP and quests that require relics or encounters. The even greater issue is that you complete the quest and you can GET the same quest immediately after. 3 of 4 quests in the last 24 hours have been gain 11 relics for me. Their 'fixes' keep getting worse and not addressing the fundamental flaws in what they are doing.

The Unbeliever

That does not really count sentient production, as a city with at least as many T1 as T4 would fulfill the quest with the T1s alone, and the T4 option would not be needed. If they try to pull that one off, the Beta feedback would be that they are inserting nigh redundant requirements in their quests (like the time they gave the option gain X relics or complete X encounters, as completing an encounter always gave a relic, Inno quickly removed that redundant quest before the next quest line and never did that again).
You know Inno would htink themselves geniuses for doing that...
One of the big issues with the late-game chapters is that you need more sentient vs. 'normal' goods, so from Inno's PoV, they'd say something like, "well, you guys only keep 1-2 basic T1's now vs. 2-3 T4's, so this option means you can use your more numerous T4's and not feel forced to build a bunch of apparently redundant T1's!"

The actual 'fix' to this would be;
a) remove the 'goods factory at current or previous chapter level' altogether. (it's just too messy)
b) keep the 'Same or previous chapter' workshops, BUT, remove the actual time requirements.
ie: instead of "produce 5x toolbox from a workshop of your current or previous chapter advancement", make it, "complete 12/15/24/30 productions from workshops of your current or previous chapter advancement".

Now the high level players aren't utterly boned at every damn turn!
Yes, you *can* breeze it with just cycles of 5min productions, but it's balanced by;
1. early game players get gak all out of most event rewards anyways, since the stats are so crappy vs. their overall size.
2. late game players will still need to drop 15-20+ min cycling through productions vs. the early game players who can near instant complete it with Lv1 turds.

Now the ranDUMB rng Inno is using is taken out of the equation, as even if you get this 3-5x or more in a row, it's not a case of;
- click three times for tool boxes, event done for the day
- click three times next day for more tool boxes, event done for the day
- click 5 times for 9hr production, event done for the day due to awkward timing of 24hr gak
- click three more times next day for even more tool boxes, event is over before you can even win a damn thing!

Oh, and as it's been mentioned only a million times, just limit the number of main event prizes we can win in the grand prize cycles Inno!

Deleted User - 312108

@The Unbeliever I think players at all levels are frustrated. I'm mid-tier and my breaking point is the repetition of encounter and gain relic quests because they are extremely costly for me and cause over-scouting and completion of more expansions than are required to exit the chapter.

And yes they control the cycle, they could cycle so you potentially gain a second one, limit it to 54 relics gained, then you just get more event buildings. The grand prize list is easily changed.

For myself, I'd much prefer a 24 workshop quest to this endless cycle I currently have of gain 11 relics.

And very simply - I think what I proposed quest wise for the mermaid event where you did not have quest tiers that repeat within but one whole quest list, with each quest awarding a specific amount of event currency would be a far better model that awards appropriately weighted against the given time and effort a specific event quest takes rather than this stupid ever escalating payout and ever escalating idiotic quests.

(Yes, I am aggravated and frustrated. I may go into sleep mode with Elvenar for a few days)

The Unbeliever

If anything, I hope that this drives players to add an extra T1 factory thereby minimizing the endless stream of T3>T1 cross tier trades. At least that is my hope.
T1 though is the one resource it seems like I haven't needed to worry about since Ch5...

Being in O&G's, my biggest need is finding more T2, as my T3 is nicely supplemented now by my Carnival set + the various event buildings that will move from T3 -> mana/seeds.

Socrates28

And what would be a problem with that? If I have only 5 available pop today, I won't be able to place L1 manufactory. If I teleported L24 manufactory into the inventory, it can simply prevent me from placing it back until full pop requirements are being met (i.e. about 4.2K in this case).
The only thing I can saw is that we have a very diffferent view of what this spell does and how it works. Since I have no expereince with it I must wait for more information which will inform me on how to use, or not use, it.
Thank you for your post.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
T1 though is the one resource it seems like I haven't needed to worry about since Ch5...

Being in O&G's, my biggest need is finding more T2, as my T3 is nicely supplemented now by my Carnival set + the various event buildings that will move from T3 -> mana/seeds.

Two of the buildings in the Spire set produce Scrolls. ;)

And the Panda Bear from the Autumn event produces tier 2 goods.

Socrates28

If anything, I hope that this drives players to add an extra T1 factory thereby minimizing the endless stream of T3>T1 cross tier trades. At least that is my hope.
I would hope you are correct in your suposition. I just find that cross-tier trades, except to help another FS member, are a lazy way out of actually trying to take care of one's own needs by letting others do it for you. Unfortunately, it seems that it does work for them as evidenced by the load of cross-tier trades even at sentient goods levels.

The Unbeliever

Two of the buildings in the Spire set produce Scrolls. ;)

And the Panda Bear from the Autumn event produces tier 2 goods.
Problem with the Spire set though is that it's always Scrolls for everyone...
So if/when it hits the point of saturation, anyone who has scrolls as their boosted tier 2 good is going to be fethed, since few others will actually need them! (ie: anyone who gets a full Spire set. ;))

Panda Bear looks-wise is easily my fav of the three, but being a human city, my main will be forced to take the Brown Bear simply because it gives me a usable Heavy Ranged + light melee killer. (both Orc units are critical for human fighters, since Pallies don't have any real boosts vs. light melee, while mortars are to the point of being unplayable!lol)

DeepTerminal

This probably has been asked before, but I'm wondering which of the evolving building is most useful for the upcoming event? I never fight, so the troop damage one is irrelevant. I'm deciding between the one that reduces tournament cooldown (which gives supplies and portal profit) and the one that gives bonus manufacturing boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.