• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

This probably has been asked before, but I'm wondering which of the evolving building is most useful for the upcoming event? I never fight, so the troop damage one is irrelevant. I'm deciding between the one that reduces tournament cooldown (which gives supplies and portal profit) and the one that gives bonus manufacturing boost.
Yeah, if you don't fight then the one that produces troops doesn't make sense. Personally, I'd suggest the reduced tourney cooldown as it really does free up your schedule a lot. And 1 pet food would be good for an entire tournament.

The panda doesn't actually boost your factories. It produces goods and MM spells, which is helpful. And it gives extra goods when pet food is used, which is also good, but that seems like it would eat pet food like crazy. I'm also uncertain about how the effect actually works, so perhaps someone with more knowledge can enlighten us. The wording says it gives goods "for every Pet Food consumed while the effect is active." Does this mean the first pet food used does *not* give goods? And that in order to get goods, you'd have to spend 2 pet food? Or does it work on the first pet food, but then also enables the goods effect while feeding other buildings (like a Phoenix)?

Risen Malchiah

Panda Bear produces Goods and Enchantments when evolved. Rewards you for feeding other pets after he's been fed first.
Does this mean the panda does not actually give any goods when being fed the first time? And secondly, can the panda be fed repeatedly (if one wanted to dump a ton of pet food) to get goods for each pet food used?

It seems quite limiting to only get goods *after* being fed and only from feeding *other* buildings.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Polar Bear gives the Tournament Cooldown

The tournament cool down is the feeding effect.

Does this mean the panda does not actually give any goods when being fed the first time? And secondly, can the panda be fed repeatedly (if one wanted to dump a ton of pet food) to get goods for each pet food used?

It seems quite limiting to only get goods *after* being fed and only from feeding *other* buildings.

Feeding repeatedly would only extend the duration. When the panda is fed then during that duration, any pet food that is used on another pet will also produce T1 Goods.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Now, with the revision to the Workshop @ current Ch. or 3 previous Chapters;
If I am in Orks, will I be fine with the 'Superior' Lv.11-15 workshops? (Ch.4 research vs. current Ch.8)
Or, will I need to upgrade to the Dwarven workshops? (Ch.6 research vs. current Ch.8)

Humans in the orc chapter will need to upgrade to level 11. (Elves only to level 9).
Once you reach woodelves, then you need to get to level 16.

pegesusunicorn

At first I really liked this new feature coming soon.
After reading at the huge amounts of +/- to some Culture, Culture/Pop buildings, I'm not so sure... :confused:

I figure, this is all being done due to being able to upgrade event buildings "soon" and a balance was required.
But, most people, like the ones who don't spend much $, or the ones who play at a relaxed pace, ie; 0 tournament hunting, well most of these folks will see a huge impact on their cities. And from the looks of it, it won't be a positive impact.

On the plus side, this might persuade people to participate more in Tournaments, to eventually get 10 Chest and be eligible of upgrading Event Buildings.
Sadly.. I don't see it happening in my FS and many others :(

As a player who has been rushing through solo events like a BOSS. I see myself slowing down for the future and not caring much anymore.
But we shall see... o_O

e - Wanted to add, this might also make people start spending $ or more $
that lastt statement is a sad one for many of us sr's and home bodies who depends on this game to give us some enjoyment in life without it costing them more than we:oops: can afford

Risen Malchiah

that lastt statement is a sad one for many of us sr's and home bodies who depends on this game to give us some enjoyment in life without it costing them more than we:oops: can afford
Don't worry. These changes took place almost a year and a half ago. The beta spoiler thread goes back a reallly long way. If you're new to this thread, I'd advise starting from the last few pages to find stuff that's more relevant to today's game environment. (Otherwise, you'll be reading "spoilers" for events that have long since come and gone.)

In retrospect, having an 86 page thread (and counting) is bound to create these sorts of problems. Perhaps it would be better to have an actual subsection devoted to beta developments so messages can be properly divided by subject and old discussions can fall away into obscurity without confusing newcomers.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The event starts on Monday 23rd (EN server - but the same ought to apply elsewhere).
Read all about it here:
https://tinyurl.com/y5o2e9fx

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship.
Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.

69947032_10214707695586653_8562722950522863616_n.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In retrospect, having an 86 page thread (and counting) is bound to create these sorts of problems. Perhaps it would be better to have an actual subsection devoted to beta developments so messages can be properly divided by subject and old discussions can fall away into obscurity without confusing newcomers.
There was no real retrospect about it. We asked for a sub-forum, they gave us a single thread. We said it's going to end up hundreds of pages long and a subforum would be better, they said (paraphrasing) "Join the Beta forum, we don't really want people talking about beta stuff here."

Last edited:

Deleted User - 312108

There was no real retrospect about it. We asked for a sub-forum, they gave us a single thread. We said it's going to end up hundreds of pages long and a subforum would be better, they said (paraphrasing) "Join the Beta forum, we don't really want people talking about beta stuff here."
The reverse is true as well :) No live stuff on the beta forum.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

A beta section rather than a single Beta thread would be much more practical!
It would make it much easier to look things up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.