• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the one hand, they say, "we're giving you more ribbons per quest"...
But then, they say, "there's less quests before the 'bonus' quests begin."

So really, it leaves me with the feeling that all they've done is play a shell game that in the end won't be much, if any appreciable gain
It's not meant to be a gain. It's meant to get you the same number of ribbons a little faster. On average, people weren't getting through the quests at the pace they expected, so they have compacted the initial stage.

Following the beta play-through thus far, it seems like the main quest line only gives out enough ribbons to get maaaaaybe 5-6 building upgrades, which is frankly, complete & utter crap...
The Gingerbread House sucks enough as it is at Lv10. What kind of drooling idiots do Inno take us for if they think we'd seriously waste precious city space for a beyond useless Lv6-7 version?!:rolleyes:o_Oo_O
At a guess, they want us to sit there and be grateful when they offer two more artifacts in the next Fellowship Atrocity. <- This is a guess. It is not a rumour that I have heard any real information about

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

With 100 pages going all the way back to early 2018 and a new year approaching, can this thread be archived (but not deleted) and a new thread made? I've noticed people reacting and liking posts from well over a year ago. If people are reading year+ old posts, they will be reading things that are totally irrelevant to the game today and may get confused.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There is a new F A starting on Friday 3rd in Beta!
Expect it in the Live Worlds a week later.
There is a new play set - I will post details as they come available.

I had a feeling that the Fellowship Adventures format would change, to bring it into line with the new-style Events. Waiting eagerly to see what they have dreamed up!

Announcement:

Dear Humans and Elves,
Brace yourselves! On Friday, January 3rd we will start a new round of Fellowship Adventures on Beta, so get your Fellowships together and grab some nice rewards! This time we'll introduce a brand new play set.
Of course we'd love to hear all your feedback in our Feedback Thread and the bugs you'd find, in our Bugs Report section!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

81227197_10215589405588852_1603008732625633280_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The F A Prizes

80887298_10215596463445294_4543135243711807488_n.jpg

Stage One

• Carting Library
  • Ancient Knowledge 10
  • Ancient Knowledge 10
Stage Two
  • Ancient Knowledge 15
  • Gingerbread Artifact
  • Ancient Knowledge 20
Stage Three
  • Booster 20 hours
  • Gingerbread Artifact
  • Ancient Knowledge 15

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Exactly what I was expecting, since this is what they have done with every FA after an event with evolving buildings. And that is fine with me. The fellowship I am in will complete all three stages regardless.

QueenKooky

We opted out of Fellowship Adventures, the reward is not worth the stress. The majority of the people in both my worlds are tired of them.Especially with the new building restrictions. Alot of people where disappointed that they finished all the Winter Quests and still weren't able to finish the Gingerbread house. Its frustrating to get to the higher chapters and find you have to sell buildings in order to fit the required upgrades and sentient buildings onto the space. know I am. I will just concentrate on trying g to get to the next chapter and forget these ,"Adventures "

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Alot of people where disappointed that they finished all the Winter Quests and still weren't able to finish the Gingerbread house.
I will just concentrate on trying g to get to the next chapter and forget these ,"Adventures "

just so i uderstand this correctly. Your unable to get all the artifacts to upgrade the gingerbread house. But your upset about an adventure that offers more artifacts?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Iv honestly been waiting for a new(ish) adventure system. With all the recent changes such as make factories/ws needing to be a certain level (which i support. A great way to prevent the need for lvl 1 building spamming) i was expecting something similar to eventually reach the FA's. Where instead of ppl building 100 level 1 buildings in order to complete the FA, we would have the same level restriction that way we dont/cant do this. Granted, it would have to be accompanied with badge number adjustments. Lowering them to match the lesser amount of factories being used. But i feel that with the less building being needed and used, its easier on our cities, not worrying as much about room, not worrying as much about the massive amount to build and collect during the event. Once we were used to it, the stress level of the FA would go way down imo.

So when i saw the 'new play set' i was eager to see what they came up with. But what im hearing about the fa in beta is the exact opposite of what i would have hoped for. (Im hoping theirs more to it then we've heard. But it doesn't take to long to figure out changes to the fa system. So i dont have my hopes up on that.)

So far it looks like the 'Type' is the same. The system is the same. Everything is the same, except the badge numbers required have been INCREASED. .. Which i simply dont understand. Inno has done a lot of work lately revamping things and trying new things out. Most of which has been pretty great ideas despite some resistance to change form some ppl. As mentioned, the factory and workshop level restrictions; working on ways to make it so lvl 1 building spamming isnt needed. .. .. And then you take an event that now seems to be built on lvl 1 building spamming... and increased the badge requirements? Which means either more mass level 1 building spamming or ppl simply dont bother with it anymore. That seems like a big step backwards towards the over all goals.

Again tho, its only day 1 on beta. So maybe there will be more then i am aware of so far. But if this is the case, then i strongly recommend reexamining the approach you have taken here.

--

And note that im not complaining about the rewards of the FA. I honestly see them as being suitable IF the system was altered to match as i talked about at the start of this reply. Sometimes things happen in real life and ppl arnt able to finish all of the seasonal events (artifacts). Sometimes they might have jsut come up short. So having a small event afterwards that offeres an extra artifact or two, i think is a good idea. And of course, given the amount of overall events in the game, even single event cant have massive game changing rewards. I get that. Which is why the basic rewards for this FA are suitable. But, as i said, only if the system difficulty and effort match it. Which i think would be a lot closer to being true if my suggestion at the start was implemented.

mikeledo

There is nothing but complaints on Beta. The FA defenders are in hiding or extinct. I can build 2 Gingerbread houses in one of my cities and I don't see a day when I will build even one. I can't see humping it for trinkets and artifacts I will never use. In fact, the FSs I am in are apathetic toward this one and we might do an easy path. Maybe. I don't know of anyone going all out which would require the use of teleport buildings by half the FS. When is INNO going to learn we are basically lazy and whiners by human nature? I can't see us doing more for less than myself buying diamonds at list price when I was getting 100% offers, I would sooner abandon my cities, I can see the tweaking the prizes upward. That would be an easy fix. Or getting rid of the new layout altogether.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is nothing but complaints on Beta. The FA defenders are in hiding or extinct. I can build 2 Gingerbread houses in one of my cities and I don't see a day when I will build even one. I can't see humping it for trinkets and artifacts I will never use. In fact, the FSs I am in are apathetic toward this one and we might do an easy path. Maybe. I don't know of anyone going all out which would require the use of teleport buildings by half the FS. When is INNO going to learn we are basically lazy and whiners by human nature? I can't see us doing more for less than myself buying diamonds at list price when I was getting 100% offers, I would sooner abandon my cities, I can see the tweaking the prizes upward. That would be an easy fix. Or getting rid of the new layout altogether.

You know what that means? The fellowships that normally finish in the top 10 to 20 and hog all the bonus prizes may not try as hard either, letting some other fellowships finally get those bonus buildings instead. My fellowship consistently finishes around 40th place on Arendyll, so it would be nice if there is a chance at top 20 instead. So yeah, all those top fellowships can slack off this time and give some others a chance. lol

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
just so i uderstand this correctly. Your unable to get all the artifacts to upgrade the gingerbread house. But your upset about an adventure that offers more artifacts?
The two are only marginally related. People feel like they should be able to (in general, not this specific event) complete the grand prize. Whether they like the grand prize and have any interest in placing it is a separate question. I got 9 evolutions and still don't plan to build the building. Getting more revolutions for it as "prizes" is a bit like getting extra frosting after I've eaten the cake. Only in this case, the frosting is not edible without the cake. So it's like getting a few hundred extra spell fragments on top of the 100k+ I already have.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The two are only marginally related. People feel like they should be able to (in general, not this specific event) complete the grand prize. Whether they like the grand prize and have any interest in placing it is a separate question. I got 9 evolutions and still don't plan to build the building. Getting more revolutions for it as "prizes" is a bit like getting extra frosting after I've eaten the cake. Only in this case, the frosting is not edible without the cake. So it's like getting a few hundred extra spell fragments on top of the 100k+ I already have.
Valid enough. I myself do like being after to finish the evolving building (gaining artifacts) even if i dont plan on using it. But i cant complain about the artifacts being a reward in the FA jsut because i dont want or need them. There are those out there who might not have been able to get them all or came up a couple short. So this is a good thing for them. And if ppl in my FS have such a need, i have no issue helping them to achieve it. - We are pretty much never going to have gerneralized rewards that makes every last person happy. And i think the FA artifacts are a fair way to help those in need.

Deleted User - 3932582

You know what that means? The fellowships that normally finish in the top 10 to 20 and hog all the bonus prizes may not try as hard either, letting some other fellowships finally get those bonus buildings instead. My fellowship consistently finishes around 40th place on Arendyll, so it would be nice if there is a chance at top 20 instead. So yeah, all those top fellowships can slack off this time and give some others a chance. lol
I am not sure about that. Crappy rewards for FA is nothing new, and it seems that most of the FS going for top spots are doing it mostly for glory. At least on some servers, top FA fellowships and top server FS are quite different, as many top FS just don't want to go hard on FAs.

I don't see any of that changing, at least not with the current setup on Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.