• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know if something like this should be in this thread of if we can post about it over in the Suggestions thread, but anyway, three suggestion on the Beta forum, originally posted back in Nov or Dec of last year, have finally been opened for voting. If you play on Beta also, take a look. If not, should we make similar suggestions here if we think them good for the game?

Traveling Merchants that give non-boosted sentient goods:

One we talked about a lot on this forum. Give Mage/Archmages the ability to highlight/lock specific paths in a FA:

Being able to see in the mobile app how long til neighborly help can be given again:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No. If players here like these ideas, they need to start Beta accounts so they can vote on them there. Suggestions do not get passed on to the developers unless they have at least 20 "yes" votes. As it is, these ideas are not going to make it...they only have about 6 "yes" votes each right now, and the polls on them close in just less than two weeks. They're good ideas...I'd love to see them get more.
Since polls are always for two weeks, they are never going to be anything other than less than two weeks by the time people see them. Only six votes on the first day is not really an issue. The Beta server is already cluttered with cities (like mine) which only exist so people can vote on the Beta forums. I'm not as sanguine as you that suggesting more people do that is the best answer. The U.S. forums already have a an active and engaged population and responsive moderators, and the rules for forwarding make the bar more approachable for ideas, so there's no particularly good reason why we can't or shouldn't resurrect an idea that fails to attract enough on Beta if someone here finds it interesting.

Yogi Dave

No. If players here like these ideas, they need to start Beta accounts so they can vote on them there. Suggestions do not get passed on to the developers unless they have at least 20 "yes" votes. As it is, these ideas are not going to make it...they only have about 6 "yes" votes each right now, and the polls on them close in just less than two weeks. They're good ideas...I'd love to see them get more
The Beta server is already cluttered with cities (like mine) which only exist so people can vote on the Beta forums. I'm not as sanguine as you that suggesting more people do that is the best answer. The U.S. forums already have a an active and engaged population and responsive moderators, and the rules for forwarding make the bar more approachable for ideas, so there's no particularly good reason why we can't or shouldn't resurrect an idea that fails to attract enough on Beta if someone here finds it interesting.
There is a post in beta from last Dec titled Neighbours listed in table form There wasn't a poll, but today Marindor said the idea had been forwarded. While I don't know if this is the case, but it could easily be due to the Neighbour hood visits (browser version) from our forum which has been forwarded. I think beta's forum may be a good place to look for ideas, look at the discussion and present them in the form defined by Xelenia in Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guide There have been several forwarded from there and he devs have said some of them are planned. Though like everything, when they will be implemented is impossible to know. So, I agree with @Ashrem, best to not clutter beta with worthless cities while we have a defined and working path for ideas to be forwarded to the devs.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
its an interesting change. I wasn't all that held back by using the granite and copper.... but I may a minority in my slow speed going through the chapters

T6583

I’m hearing that some players on Beta are seeing a return of the Phoenix crafting recipes for making both the 2019 Phoenix Artifacts and the Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts. I saw screenshots on a recent Facebook post saying they returned last week. Can anyone that also plays in Beta confirm this?
Edit: Nevermind. I just saw that it’s a confirmed bug on the Beta Forum.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is today's Upgrade in Beta Server:

Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.109! Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The way Crafting Recipes are selected by the system to be shown in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy has received a major overhaul under the hood, in an effort to make the Recipes offered more relevant. This is visible in-game by the Recipes available at any given time.
Bugfixes
  • Phoenix Artifact recipes should no longer appear in Crafting for players lacking the base resources to craft them.
  • Progression bars should have the correct size again.
Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

107329699_10217170910085476_6089507764414544665_n.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This might be a dumb question, but can a player who does not have a beta account see the beta forum? And if so, how do you get there? I do not see any option listed in my forum page to view beta. Am I just overlooking it somewhere?

Sandstorm173

This might be a dumb question, but can a player who does not have a beta account see the beta forum? And if so, how do you get there? I do not see any option listed in my forum page to view beta. Am I just overlooking it somewhere?
That's not a dumb question. You don't need a beta account to view the beta forum. You only need one to make a forum account and post stuff. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new Sorcerer's Pilgrimage Questline Event Just started in Beta.

The Forum announcement is available in this event note, as well as all the other event information which I will be adding in the course of today and as the event progresses:
https://tinyurl.com/ydxprmlk

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship.

107464458_10217176354461582_2724801228062130170_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is the largest independent Facebook group for Elvenar lovers, with resources,
files and videos that you are welcome to use and share with your friends.
Join us to discuss all the latest news.

Deleted User - 3932582

Depends too how many SS upgrades a player may have skipped over...
Not really, not in the late game at least. L10 in c16 produces 1140 mages per day. I skipped pretty much all optional SSU, and my regular SS is 3081. So we're looking at ~0.35 squads per day in the best case, and people who took more SSUs would probably see it down to ~0.20 sq/day or so. Assuming perfect collection, that's ~2 squads per week., give or take. You can compare that with Brown Bear passive production (and that's not even the important part for BB).

Count me unimpressed, even if that would be a decent unit to begin with.

Deleted User - 4646370

Not really, not in the late game at least. L10 in c16 produces 1140 mages per day. I skipped pretty much all optional SSU, and my regular SS is 3081. So we're looking at ~0.35 squads per day in the best case, and people who took more SSUs would probably see it down to ~0.20 sq/day or so. Assuming perfect collection, that's ~2 squads per week., give or take. You can compare that with Brown Bear passive production (and that's not even the important part for BB).

Count me unimpressed, even if that would be a decent unit to begin with.
Is it really 1140 mages (so 1140/4 = 285 sorceresses for elves as sorceresses are 4 units) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.