• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

The larger issue here is the precedent. Christmas Trees and the Fountain are still the best mana producers in the game, even after 0% increase in chapter 16. But now you can see the way it may (probably will) go. You no longer have "good" buildings, only good buildings for a particular chapter. Good building today may be a bad building tomorrow, this can change on a whim. And I don't know about anyone else, but I value buildings not just on what they can do today, but what they can do tomorrow. Well, that part just became complete unknown.

This also devalues RR spells, for the same reasons.

Deleted User - 3932582

I think I have only used my RRs on my Bears and on a couple of seed-producing event buildings. And I did those before the Festival Merchant was added to the crafting choices. Most of my old set buildings are from chapters 10-12 and some of those really need to just be dumped, as they are not worth upgrading.
Well, I can (could?) use almost unlimited amounts of RR. I am carrying Winter Market set since Dwarves, have a bunch of Venar's Rocks III in storage from Halflings etc. And I can imagine on a going forward basis a lot of buildings will not be worth upgrading.

Pheryll

Set Designer
While the 3-4% extra mana/seeds seems low for a chapter increase, keep in mind that the wonder increase for seeds (based on two extra main hall levels) is at 6%. For many chapters event buildings have been largely surpassing the wonders making them require more leveling to keep up. Mana wonders, on the other hand, are based on completed provinces which is a higher percentage than the main hall gains. For some reason, the Elvenar team wants to scale mana and seed production together at nearly equal percent increases per chapter. In previous chapters the event buildings went up with the mana from wonders, now it appears the event buildings go up more relative to the seed wonders. I am not sure there is a balance that can be reached if mana and seeds follow the same percentage of increase.

Deleted User - 4565442

Keep in mind that from now on, all evolution buildings will have halved pop/cult compared to previous ones.
Capping old set buildings at chapter 15 was done to force new weak buildings to the players as "valuable" while degrading previous buildings.
It's basically saying "bye bye" to old players because team doesn't care about them anymore, they want new players to milk money.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Keep in mind that from now on, all evolution buildings will have halved pop/cult compared to previous ones.
Capping old set buildings at chapter 15 was done to force new weak buildings to the players as "valuable" while degrading previous buildings.
It's basically saying "bye bye" to old players because team doesn't care about them anymore, they want new players to milk money.
It will take a large number of chapters to bring the old buildings down to the level of the newer ones. Besides, the old set buildings are significantly improving in their population and culture. Goods production is only a slight increase, as well as mana/seeds (for the few that are not at 0%). I think a rebalance of population and culture is underway to make the higher levels of manufactories more worthwhile.

Deleted User - 3932582

It will take a large number of chapters to bring the old buildings down to the level of the newer ones.
That might be true, but if new chapters won't be bringing even token increases for your existing buildings, then what would be the reason to go for new chapters?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new FA started on Thursday 9th

Here are the core facts that you are welcome to share with friends and fellowship
https://tinyurl.com/vjmj96k

I will add the spreadsheet tomorrow.

88248310_10216097712216200_362686769553997824_n.jpg

Here are the Prizes:

92354792_10216405406428363_4186603016264089600_n.jpg

• Stage One
    10 KP Ancient Knowledge
    Carting Library
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge
  • Stage Two
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge
    Coldfire Phoenix Artifact
    20 KP Ancient Knowledge
  • Stage Three
    20 Hour Booster
    Coldfire Phoenix Artifact
    15 KP Ancient Knowledge

Here is a link to our EPL Spreadsheet, based on the original by Terriann Banister.
https://tinyurl.com/refequx
It is in Google Docs - you are welcome to copy it and use it for your own Fellowship to plan the Event!!

This FA is very similar to the previous event, but needs about 20% less of each Item per waypoint.

93272854_10216444528086380_1238523101919051776_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is a free to join Facebook group with more than 6000 members.
You and your friends are welcome to join for all the latest news and discussion

Last edited:

Deleted User - 4366037

Now the real question is will conversion recipes still be there? Cuz if not I have no interest in this FA...
That would be rather ridiculous to structure the main event to incorporate the exchange, and then have an FA that does not include it - thus almost automatically making the FA pointless for anyone who chose to participate in the offered exchange. Though I also previously said it would be ridiculous of Inno to offer the artifact exchanges at something worse than a 1-to-1 ratio and for the event to only offer buildings as daily prizes, and both turned out to be the case anyway, so I am not holding my breath for logic on this (but remain ever hopeful).

Yogi Dave

Though I also previously said it would be ridiculous of Inno to …
It is a ridiculous game, but I enjoy it.
I am not holding my breath for logic on this (but remain ever hopeful).
There is always hope until it is dashed on the sharp rocks of reality.
… then we just find a new hope. In the meantime, breath in, breath out. Repeat as needed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I'm not mistaken, the artifact conversion recipe was removed from beta just prior to FA. If they do this on live servers, it will be really frustrating. Most of my FS players ditched all their coldfire for phoenix artifacts. Without the conversion recipe available, this FA's reward would be useless.

I just read the last few posts of the event thread on the Beta forum and they still have the conversion recipes active. Something about Inno not deciding yet whether the Live servers will have the recipe stay active for the FA or not, so it has not been turned off for Beta til that has been finalized.

This is what Arthus is claiming, at least:

"It's available because they are still discussing how to do this on live servers. There's immense pressure on live server's CMs on eastern language versions and even accusing team of destroying the game to benefit Forge of Empires (Inno's Sister Game). Majority wants to craft another old artifact from FA ones, some people also reported lack of recipes available for entire event.

The answer if recipes will be available during fellowship adventures on live servers is expected next week, it was explained that as a test server you are allowed in beta atm while waiting for LIVE decisions. Also it was noticed that the fact that you have them on beta during adventure doesn't confirm live servers will have them."

k777

Drone Riders are usually only useful for the Scrolls tourny, as the Doggies badly outpace all other LI due to their insane alpha strike ability. (hooray for high initiative + highest movement in the game!)
As I'm not one who cares much about ranking pts, these will both be a super hard "Pass!" when I eventually get to Ch.16

Now an AW that would make Rangers & Orks (both da choppy 'unz + da shooty 'unz!), my human city would jump at those options! ;)
I have used drone riders a number of times in Spire, which I entirely fight.

KarlD

If there second power only included some negotiation deduction at both that would have been so cool, lets say 0.5-1% per level in reduction.
1 for the tournaments and 1 for the spire.

a KP and creepy riders, not the best I have seen.
I want them because I hoard ranking points but like you, if that wasn't my goal I would think these wonders are horribly hopeless.
I love the idea of an AW to cut negotiating costs. I think there should have been such an AW released long ago. I fight almost exclusively so I wouldn't benefit so much from such an AW, but there seem to be so many AWs and buildings that help military, but there aren't so many that can help someone negotiate to a similar extent. I haven't done any calculations and I could be totally wrong, but I doubt there are even a handful of cities that negotiate their way to the top 30 in a tournament each week? It seems there should be something to make the non-military path a bit more equal. Please let me know if you are someone who frequently negotiates to the top 30. I'd like to know if I am way off base on my assessment of the disparity between fighting and negotiating.

Deleted User - 4366037

I love the idea of an AW to cut negotiating costs. I think there should have been such an AW released long ago. I fight almost exclusively so I wouldn't benefit so much from such an AW, but there seem to be so many AWs and buildings that help military, but there aren't so many that can help someone negotiate to a similar extent. I haven't done any calculations and I could be totally wrong, but I doubt there are even a handful of cities that negotiate their way to the top 30 in a tournament each week? It seems there should be something to make the non-military path a bit more equal. Please let me know if you are someone who frequently negotiates to the top 30. I'd like to know if I am way off base on my assessment of the disparity between fighting and negotiating.
I think the main reason why not many negotiate to the top 30 is because of the imbalance compared to fighting, as you say. I recently switched from a catering focus to a military focus, and the military advantages are substantial. The irony is that even if such an AW is ever offered in a later chapter, it still wouldn't be an ideal balance, since something like that would be extremely helpful in the earlier chapters (just as the military AWs are).

Status
Not open for further replies.