• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Like Enevhar, I search sometimes, but it's usually becasue I have live KP and want to convert them to storable instants, so if a person is close and has a chest available, I will happily put in the same amount I'd get back to get instants and rune shards. If there isn't that much left, I'll put in less, and always leave a few if there are other unused chests. Sometimes I then tell my FS members in chat that "player x" has some chests open. If I ever got a negative message, I don't remember it. Certainly not as many as I have thankyous.

Deleted User - 1178646

No, they are talking about exploring around the world map outside of what you have discovered. I have done this before and never got any angry messages, but I also tried to put in a decent amount and not just the stupid two or three points that some random players do. I also don't know what priorities others use, but I when I do this, I try to find players with little help already in an AW that is fairly close to full. Those are players who are not getting help from their fellowship or they are solo players.

Depends on the level of the wonder, if you want some profit of a golden abyss level 1 or 2, 5 or 1 point is often the result.

There are a lot of people in elvenar who fill there own wonders, you look for these players ant try to find wonders with a good "harvest value"
This means the KP that you need to put is less than the KP you will recieve. for example to "topp up" the wonder you need 50 KP. but there is 80 KP to gain in rewards. so you end up with a harvest value of 30.

You then rally the troops (guild members) you grab the most profitable chest yourself, and then divide the other KP between the guild members.
Example I myself grtab the first chest for 20 KP and then place on the chat:
@SoulsSilhouette prosperity tower 3/15/10/1/1 (3 is the most profitable of the left rewars so that one first)

Then people call the numbers in the chat they like to grab and then go to the player and invest them.
Sometimes you are lucky and get a rally fat one where your own profit on a wonder is sometimes 40 or more kp. but in general the personal profit is 10-20 per wonder
But if you find enough of those the numbers can really add up.
It just takes time, a lot of time to find those players and once you find them to monitor there progress to a point it's profitabler and then you need to hope not any of the other groups grab them before you and run away with the prize instead.

It's fun as long as you do not have members in you guild that are "afraid to miss out" or jealous, we had some issues in the past, so we set some basic rules to manage this. as wel have multiple players who search. some people left our guild thingking others were" stealing" there work. but with multiple searches you find the same wonders with multiple people.

1 of the rules we set is that nobody "owns a wonder" untill it's called in the chat(and filled), as for example people start putting 1-5 kp in the usual suspects to "claim ownership" on that wonder blocking the abilities of other members to search and look for wonders themselves as they had claimed them all.
So it takes some management skills to keep all people happy and working together. those who left ended up doing it solo with alt's instead with other players as paranioa is a bad habbit.
We now have a very good group working together with no stupid issues anymore, you might miss a nice prize thanks to a other member but then you also het it back in wonders they found and you havent. you win more than you loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeledo

CrazyWizard, from the looks of all the HP instants you have accumulated it appears you are in a FS that does not do a lot of KP trading, nor have you reached out outside the FS to make swaps. In one world we called the extra KP, "scum drops" because the person who does it has the word "scum" in his name. I don't think anyone has sent him a negative e-mail, we just make sure we can bump him out.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
CrazyWizard, from the looks of all the HP instants you have accumulated it appears you are in a FS that does not do a lot of KP trading, nor have you reached out outside the FS to make swaps.
Or he's just conservative (for events and FAs), or lazy. We have busy swap threads for 100, 50, 30, 20, 15, 10 and 5, and I trade outside the group, and yet....

1595600800711.png

Last FA, I was able to make 50 Wonder Society badges on day one...

mikeledo

The backlash from the new Tournament is the same as the spire, to sew the seeds of hate and discontent. No longer will FS be able to get 10 chests due to the efforts of a few heavy hitters as their ability to make points will dwindle. This means folks who typically score less than 1600 will have to step up and sustain that every week. The bickering between the go-getters and the parasites will return. I would suggest if you want to be in a 10 chest fellowship you will need to be able to prove you are worthy. With few exceptions, a 10 chest fellowship will no longer say it is okay to just average 1,000 points a week. Doesn't take a genius to figure where this is going.

Deleted User - 4750465

For the new tournament format? My Beta city is mid-chapter 4 and I got over 1600 points in the Elixir tournament last week, using nothing to boost attack or health. And I auto-fought all but two or three of the encounters, which I had to cater. I had 8 provinces open and did 5 stars in each. Once you have at least 8 provinces open for each of the 9 relic types, it should be easy to get 1600 every week, as long as you make enough troops or goods to complete the encounters.
Mid-chapter 4 is a sweet spot in my opinion. Probably something they are trying to get rid of. You probably have only 10-20 levels of AW, and 1600 really isn't a great score. I want to move forward in research, but I'm hesitant given the lack of event buildings.

It's not hard to acquire 100+ provinces in early game, so players < chapter 5 are quite valuable in the tourney right now. I hope these changes encourage those people to progress in research. I don't think I'm asking my question well. How will a mid game player fare who doesn't have evolved military event buildings?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new event starts on Monday!
It is nice and easy!!

Read all about it here:
You are welcome to share ouor note with friends and fellowship.

116317115_10217282687159833_3888797900920047980_o.jpg

This file was created for the free-to join Facebook group Elvenar Platinum Leaf -
a large group of Elvenar lovers with lots of files and videos
and all the latest news and discussion.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship -
and we would love to have them in the group too!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No. Some of them are not super mediocre. Can't see anything I want. They've even reduce the Troop instants from 25 squads to 10 squads, so it seems like they don't actually want people to try. Third consecutive event where I haven't even had to do any math to decide not to buy any extra truffles

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So are any of the buildings in the upcoming events super good?

Noting super great or anything, but definitely good. If you like dragons, there is the new copper dragon pop/culture building, which is barely worse than the mother dragon, so don't listen to someone saying it is inferior. In chapter 16, for my numbers, the copper dragon gives 5500 pop in 4x3, or 458 per square, while the old mother dragon is 5600 in 3x4, or 467 per square.

There are no seed-giving buildings, but since this is sorcerer themed, that makes sense. There are several mana-giving buildings, if you get them in chapter 9+, like usual. But they all give lower mana per-square per-hour than the evolving building itself does. Someone just hitting chapter 9 and needing mana production could go for them, but eh.

As for the others, they look good, so if you are not pressed for space, don't feel bad trying to win them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you like dragons, there is the new copper dragon pop/culture building, which is barely worse than the mother dragon, so don't listen to someone saying it is inferior.
That is splitting hairs. All inferior means is that it is never better than the other and is worse in at least one instance (that is all comparable instances are less than or equal to the other value). For population, it is slight, for culture the difference is more significant.

Deleted User - 1178646

CrazyWizard, from the looks of all the HP instants you have accumulated it appears you are in a FS that does not do a lot of KP trading, nor have you reached out outside the FS to make swaps. In one world we called the extra KP, "scum drops" because the person who does it has the word "scum" in his name. I don't think anyone has sent him a negative e-mail, we just make sure we can bump him out.
Or he's just conservative (for events and FAs), or lazy. We have busy swap threads for 100, 50, 30, 20, 15, 10 and 5, and I trade outside the group, and yet....

View attachment 8169

Last FA, I was able to make 50 Wonder Society badges on day one...

We do about 400 swaps a day in our guild, but I did save up some kp for the new wonders in advance, and I just get a lot of KP in every day.
Recently I have started to partly fill the wonders myself because the swap thread doesnt go fast enough, and I don't want to be too dominating, I have 24 other fellows I have to play with, it ain't just all about me.

As for threads we only use 4 (5-10-20-50) to allow the 5th spot for communication outside of swapthreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.