• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

What should they do? they've only got 2200 people participating in the tournament, and fewer than 20 of those are giving any real feedback beyond "hate this". The beta population is inadequate.
If forums is the way to measure feedback, then I don't expect much more from the EN forums than from the Beta forums.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If forums is the way to measure feedback, then I don't expect much more from the EN forums than from the Beta forums.
Feedback is just one indicator. It more than triples the participant base. The top score in the June 6 marble tournament on beta was 11,808, while the two British servers had 55,000 and 102,000. Seems a reasonable scale-up to me.

Risen Malchiah

What should they do? they've only got 2200 people participating in the tournament, and fewer than 20 of those are giving any real feedback beyond "hate this". The beta population is inadequate.
Maybe make changes that address the concerns in the feedback before expanding to a wider audience. The negative feedback will just be replicated on the EN servers and frustrate players (and make US servers nervous that we'll see it implemented as is).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe make changes that address the concerns in the feedback before expanding to a wider audience. The negative feedback will just be replicated on the EN servers and frustrate players (and make US servers nervous that we'll see it implemented as is).
But again, making substantive changes in response to a small number of voices is counterproductive. They need to know how it (really-really, not hate-it-really) affects a bunch of people, and forum participants are generally predisposed to complain about everything.

Yogi Dave

The negative feedback will just be replicated on the EN servers and frustrate players (and make US servers nervous that we'll see it implemented as is).
Forums are a way to get feedback and they have gotten a lot of that from beta and I suspect they will get a lot of the same from EN.
They need to know how it (really-really, not hate-it-really) affects a bunch of people
I agree with @Ashrem. Forum feedback is not what Inno needs to allow them to tweak the equation for player squad size and adjust the difficulty table for prov number and round. The EN servers should have a large enough player base representing all levels of advancement to generate enough statistics of how play is truly affected. Beta doesn't have a wide enough player base for this. At least that is what I'm hoping.

Risen Malchiah

I suppose, but no amount of testing is needed to know I will go from doing 40-50 for 5-6 rds down to less than half of that.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
My personal theory is to see on a smaller scale how many players they will loose due this change and how many of them are paying players.
If it turns out to be another "wholesaler" or "cycling" fiasco they will roll it back. and not loose all the players on all wolds.

If the losses are acceptable they just don't care and force it upon everyone.

They are just testing the waters.

Yogi Dave

My personal theory is to see on a smaller scale how many players they will loose due this change and how many of them are paying players.
If it turns out to be another "wholesaler" or "cycling" fiasco they will roll it back. and not loose all the players on all wolds.
Wish I could argue with this, but I think it's at least if not more plausible than what I hope it is.

mikeledo

People leave the game mostly because of real-life issues and not on bad INNO innovations. The game is a time-suck and people don't have time to play the game with the tournament, spire, FA, and events, typically with 3 going on during any workweek. While more clicks and more rewards make games more addicting, it reaches a point where it makes the game impossible to play and go to work and spend time with the family. AS it turns out some folks dare to choose work and family over the game. INNO is looking to find that right balance of addiction clicks and time.

Yogi Dave

The game is a time-suck and people don't have time to play the game with the tournament, spire, FA, and events, typically with 3 going on during any workweek.
I think of it as more of a diversion than a time-suck. Just different words for the same thing.
AS it turns out some folks dare to choose work and family over the game.
How dare they! The game is all. We live for the game. ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, I really loved last year's zodiac event and loved the bears (except panda) and the time boost dailies. I made good use of time boosts to finish quests quickly to earn more artifacts and time boosts, but there's a practical limit to that. For me, it came down to scouting, completing provinces and CCs to get vision vapor. Once it started to cost more time boosts than I would likely get back, that's when I knew it was time to stop. I was also content with my progress and didn't feel the need to kill myself to get more than 2 leveled brown bears.

The problem for me is adjusting from last year's really good events to this year's lackluster ones. The troop instants were a nice addition, but overall it's hard to get used to something good and then have it taken away. Same deal with tournaments. I spent years building up my ability to go deep into the tournaments and looked forward to continuing that. Hitting a wall of difficulty that may be too difficult to overcome will kill the joy of it.
it was near the end of that event that I started playing on Elvenar, and I think it gave me a little boost to start out with. I missed most of it and of course could not utilize it to advantage, but I'm glad I got that small boost as a start. I may not have stayed if the event hadn't been so much fun, and I'm glad I'm still here (even if my housecleaning does suffer for it, lol.)

NightshadeCS

The problem I had with the Zodiac event is that bears are not part of the zodiac.
Maybe they were thinking of Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. That's how I always looked at it.

Doesn't Elvenar take place on a totally different planet? If so, then we don't know what constellations they may have and which ones fall along the line of their sun, making them zodiac constellations. ;) :cool: :cool:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
We are thinking it will start Monday since there wasn't anything between the event and FA on beta. They seem to keep something running all the time now. Just our best guess. Some are already building shantytowns just in case.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've tracked Beta start day/date & Live start day/date for all FAs since July 2019. There have been 6 FAs in that time and the only one that did NOT launch on a Monday on Live was the one in July 2019 that launched on a Tuesday. The last 5 have launched on Mondays. The number of days from Beta launch to Live launch has ranged from 10 days to 18 days. The most recent FA (April 2020) was the 18 days; prior to that, the highest number of days between beta and live was 14 days. For this one, a Live launch on Mon 8/17 would be 10 days since Beta launch; Live launch on Mon 8/24 would be 17 days. In my mind, that makes either of those dates equally possible.
^^There's a salient point totally missed by that analysis, though! Even though it seems something is running all the time now, I don't recall ever having one event end something else launch in less than 24hrs. That would have to happen if the new FA launches Monday the 17th...
Fortunately, to allow all players to settle into an FS, the FA's are usually announced in-game a couple days ahead of time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.